[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

It looks like the plugin never loads.  Im not sure why...

Give it a minute and see what happens.  I've seen intermittently where unRaid hits some sort of race condition where the tests start running, but dynamix hasn't finished loading the page (and the tests take precedence over the loading).  After the initial tests are done you shouldn't have the problem anymore

Good morning.  I am getting very slow write speeds after upgrading to 6.2. ...

Squid, it may be too early yet, but a check on the tunables for reasonable values might be good.  The 6.2 series of unRAID releases have a new tunable md_sync_thresh that needs to be either half or very close to the value of md_sync_window, or you can get very poor write performance.  It automatically defaults to 192, which is OK for users who haven't made any tunable changes, but if they used the Tunables Tester and raised md_sync_window much higher than its default, then they may see a large drop in performance.

There are still only a few reports so far, so you may want to wait a bit, but once confirmed I think it would be a useful check, something users would be grateful for if it fixes a major slowdown.

Good morning.  I am getting very slow write speeds after upgrading to 6.2. ...

Squid, it may be too early yet, but a check on the tunables for reasonable values might be good.  The 6.2 series of unRAID releases have a new tunable md_sync_thresh that needs to be either half or very close to the value of md_sync_window, or you can get very poor write performance.  It automatically defaults to 192, which is OK for users who haven't made any tunable changes, but if they used the Tunables Tester and raised md_sync_window much higher than its default, then they may see a large drop in performance.

There are still only a few reports so far, so you may want to wait a bit, but once confirmed I think it would be a useful check, something users would be grateful for if it fixes a major slowdown.

Catch-22 because in theory, all those tunables vary depending upon your hardware (Pauven would know for sure).  I would have to state that it is currently too soon for a test like that to be made.

I received a "disk out of space" warning from FCP upon a reboot. It's quite legitimate as the drive was down to 270Kb (Yes, Kb) of free space.

Do I hit "Ignore" to make it go away?

I had another error about the machine not being powered down cleanly (holding down the power button because nothing else is responding will do that), and it had an "Acknowledge" button to click.

"Ignore" seems rather drastic, and makes me wonder whether it's ignoring it for now, or forever. A tad bit of clarity would be fantastic.

Thanks!

Ignore ignores errors.  Acknowledge on the unclean is because unraid does not tell you about unclean starts (random reboot)  because there is no "built in fix" for am unclean start I have to have that in there...

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, that's what I thought - "Ignore" will ignore this issue in the future, but doesn't remove the error from the list.

How do I now "unignore" the error?

I'd like to be notified about unclean shut downs in the future, but I wanted to acknowledge the fact that there was one (I know, I caused it as a last resort), and get it off the list of problems, since I've dealt with the issue.

I'd like to be notified about unclean shut downs in the future, but I wanted to acknowledge the fact that there was one (I know, I caused it as a last resort), and get it off the list of problems, since I've dealt with the issue.

Just rescan for errors. If you've fixed the problem it will be removed from the list.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Just rescan for errors. If you've fixed the problem it will be removed from the list.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Not if its ignored.  Will still appear when found again in the ignore list, but no notifications will be sent for it.

True.  So as not to scare anyone away, here's the full workflow. I like that it is so simple:

[*]run the scanner to look for problems

[*]fix any issues, then "Rescan" to confirm the problem is fixed and remove it from the list

[*]OR click the "Ignore" button if you don't want to be notified about a particular problem in the future.  You can reverse that by clicking "Monitor" if you decide you do want notifications about that issue after all.

The only exception I know of is the "unclean shutdown" detection.  Since there isn't really a way to fix it, you need to click the "Acknowledge" button (or reboot) to remove it from the list.

True.  So as not to scare anyone away, here's the full workflow. I like that it is so simple:

[*]run the scanner to look for problems

[*]fix any issues, then "Rescan" to confirm the problem is fixed and remove it from the list

[*]OR click the "Ignore" button if you don't want to be notified about a particular problem in the future.  You can reverse that by clicking "Monitor" if you decide you do want notifications about that issue after all.

The only exception I know of is the "unclean shutdown" detection.  Since there isn't really a way to fix it, you need to click the "Acknowledge" button (or reboot) to remove it from the list.

Where is this "Monitor" button of which you speak?

I didn't see it in the listing of errors. (I clicked rescan before taking a screenshot - that's what the white area is on the attached image).

I don't see it anywhere on the screen after the rescan has completed.

What am I missing?

unRAID_FCP.PNG.276ac775d8fa2b78d25845cc306932fd.PNG

I show no Errors using the Fix Common Problems Plugin but, a Warning indicates that I still have users defined for the built in FTP server that I have disabled. When I click on the "FTP Settings" button, I get a blank screen.

The link posted within the plugin works for me under 6.3 -rc1, and 6.2.1 (and was originally tested with 6.1.9 and 6.2 b/rc)  All it does is takes you to Settings / FTP Settings

The reason for the warning is that (unless the behaviour has been changed) is that if FTP was disabled, it will automatically get re-enabled after you reboot the system.  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=48975.0

I show no Errors using the Fix Common Problems Plugin but, a Warning indicates that I still have users defined for the built in FTP server that I have disabled. When I click on the "FTP Settings" button, I get a blank screen.

The link posted within the plugin works for me under 6.3 -rc1, and 6.2.1 (and was originally tested with 6.1.9 and 6.2 b/rc)  All it does is takes you to Settings / FTP Settings

The reason for the warning is that (unless the behaviour has been changed) is that if FTP was disabled, it will automatically get re-enabled after you reboot the system.  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=48975.0

I also have version 6.2.1. Is the UnRAID built-in FTP server a Plugin. I may have already deleted it (can't remember) and the FTP Settings button may be trying to access a page of a Plugin that is no longer installed.

I also have version 6.2.1. Is the UnRAID built-in FTP server a Plugin. I may have already deleted it (can't remember) and the FTP Settings button may be trying to access a page of a Plugin that is no longer installed.

Nope.  Not a plugin, and can't be removed.  Is there an FTP Server icon within your settings tab and what is the URL that it displays when entering it?

ok...had ProFTPd Plugin installed and then I removed it. When that happened, the built in FTP Server showed back up. Is it best to keep ProFTPd and keep it disabled when not in use?

Well, if you're not using the built-in FTP, what you should do to ensure that its disabled is to

- reset the server (this should restore the built-in FTP server settings)

- remove any and all users from the FTP settings (this will ensure that the built-in never runs, regardless of its settings)

- Then reinstall ProFTPd and enable/disable it as you choose

The whole thing is that the built-in would automatically run upon reboots if there were users set for it, which may not be how most people would want it.

I just installed this today and had it run its scan.

It's reporting the following error:

Docker Application SickRage, Container Port 8081 not found or changed on installed application

The docker image that I have installed is needo/sickrage.

Odds on you changed the Container port of the app when you wanted to only change the Host port.  Pretty much there is zero reason to ever change the container port, and doing so will generally break the app, hence the error.

I just installed this today and had it run its scan.

It's reporting the following error:

Docker Application SickRage, Container Port 8081 not found or changed on installed application

The docker image that I have installed is needo/sickrage.

Odds on you changed the Container port of the app when you wanted to only change the Host port.  Pretty much there is zero reason to ever change the container port, and doing so will generally break the app, hence the error.

How would have I done that? And how do I fix that?

When you added the container (assuming that you're using 6.1.9 as its easier to do this than under 6.2+) you inadvertently changed the port.  Just hit the icon under the docker tab and edit the container.

The docker screen for this container should look something like this (virgin install of Needo's sickrage for you to test FCP with it, with bogus pathnames however)

Untitled_zps7o8jmyzi.png

When you added the container (assuming that you're using 6.1.9 as its easier to do this than under 6.2+) you inadvertently changed the port.  Just hit the icon under the docker tab and edit the container.

The docker screen for this container should look something like this (virgin install of Needo's sickrage for you to test FCP with it, with bogus pathnames however)

Untitled_zps7o8jmyzi.png

ok, yea I'm on 6.2+ and I didn't see how I could even edit it so I wasn't sure how I might have changed it in the past, but if the previous version allowed editing, then I can see how I may have changed it by accident as it was probably my first docker app and I wasn't familiar with how all that work.

I went ahead and just removed it and added it again and it looks good now.

Thanks,

Adrian

I have these messages for 3 dockers since today:

As a general rule, if the plugin is not known to Community Applications, then it is not compatible with your server. It is recommended to uninstall this plugin. The webUI the author specified is http://[iP]:[PORT:8096]/ and the webUI you are using is http://[iP]:[PORT:8096]/emby/.

This is the case for all Dockers that are connected via reverse proxy. I can certainly ignore these messages the question is why this message is coming up now.

I guess that the check of the webUI author's specification is by design and doesn't include the check if a reverse proxy is involved?