Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

Featured Replies

Having a look at syslogs, I've just noticed that this plugin seems to have stopped and restarted the apcupsd daemon this morning :

Nov 29 04:40:02 NAS root: Fix Common Problems Version 2020.11.28
Nov 29 04:40:27 NAS apcupsd[10250]: apcupsd exiting, signal 15
Nov 29 04:40:27 NAS kernel: usb 3-2: reset full-speed USB device number 14 using xhci_hcd
Nov 29 04:40:27 NAS apcupsd[10250]: apcupsd shutdown succeeded
Nov 29 04:40:30 NAS apcupsd[27100]: apcupsd 3.14.14 (31 May 2016) slackware startup succeeded
Nov 29 04:40:30 NAS apcupsd[27100]: NIS server startup succeeded

I only have 5 days of uptime, it's the first time this happens since the reboot, but I remember having seen this sequence at least once recently. I had no notification from Fix Common Problems.

Is it expected that this plugin interacts with the UPS daemon under specific conditions, or is it a pure coincidence ? I swear I was sleeping at 4:40am, so only a background task may have restarted apcupsd.

Thanks in advance for the support.

  • Replies 2.6k
  • Views 683.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Mainly because my keyboard is worn out from replying "Uninstall Advanced Buttons", today's update features an "Update Assistant" which sits on the Tools Menu (next to Update OS)   This perfo

  • kennymc.c
    kennymc.c

    The included Update Assistant tool still shows 6.12.10 as the latest version. Is this a know issue as the update process has changed with the previous version?

  • The plugin settings no longer loads on 7.4.0-beta.1. Tried to reinstall it. No luck

Posted Images

  • Author
10 minutes ago, Gnomuz said:

Having a look at syslogs, I've just noticed that this plugin seems to have stopped and restarted the apcupsd daemon this morning :


Nov 29 04:40:02 NAS root: Fix Common Problems Version 2020.11.28
Nov 29 04:40:27 NAS apcupsd[10250]: apcupsd exiting, signal 15
Nov 29 04:40:27 NAS kernel: usb 3-2: reset full-speed USB device number 14 using xhci_hcd
Nov 29 04:40:27 NAS apcupsd[10250]: apcupsd shutdown succeeded
Nov 29 04:40:30 NAS apcupsd[27100]: apcupsd 3.14.14 (31 May 2016) slackware startup succeeded
Nov 29 04:40:30 NAS apcupsd[27100]: NIS server startup succeeded

I only have 5 days of uptime, it's the first time this happens since the reboot, but I remember having seen this sequence at least once recently. I had no notification from Fix Common Problems.

Is it expected that this plugin interacts with the UPS daemon under specific conditions, or is it a pure coincidence ? I swear I was sleeping at 4:40am, so only a background task may have restarted apcupsd.

Thanks in advance for the support.

It most definitely does not touch anything of the sort.

Thanks for the quick answer @Squid.

According to crontab, daily jobs are scheduled at 4:40am, I suppose it's default setting.

 - I've checked User scripts, none of them is "Scheduled Daily", and anyway none of them is supposed to restart apcupsd either.

- CA Backup runs at 3AM for 15/20 minutes.

- Parity check runs on a daily basis and is scheduled on December 1st.

And that's all I'm aware of in terms of sceduled tasks during the night.

I'll have a regular look at it and if it happens again I'll investigate further.

  • Author
On 10/26/2020 at 5:24 AM, caplam said:

i had multiple problems since few days that forced me to reboot server several times.

Each time the server reboots "Fix Commons Problems" scan the server and throw me errors about share with can only setting setup.

 

I run 6.9 beta30 and i have 2 pools (one for docker the other for vm)

Finally got the time to fix this today

Great plugin, very usefull.

 

I've got a little usecase, i'm migrating a debian server with 30+ dockers all created with portainer stacks (docker-compose format) to an unraid server. This works like a charm .. no problem at all.

 

but i've got a template warning for some of them ... it's good because a lot of then have custom configuration to add traefik labels, specific network configuration, specific volumes configuration, etc .... and mostly because i've created them with portainer and not with dockerman tab ....

 

So is there a way to disable some checks ? ( ex: Monitor Dockerman Templates = false )

 

 

  • Author

Is the warning that Template URL is missing or wrong?  If so, manually edit the xml in /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user and change (or add) 

<TemplateURL>false</TemplateURL>

 

image.thumb.png.0fc762c2646bf41e26c57da51ca98277.png

Warnings sample ....

All containers have been created with portainer ... so there is no template file in dockerman folder except for portainer.

 

portainer template is already modified like that but still present in warnings list.

 

Did i need to reboot to make modifications active ?
 

  • Author

If you're managing everything through portainer, add the line I listed to the templates.  The xmls are there

ok thx

can someone please answer this as I think it might be a false error .

 

this morning I log onto my server and discovered the following.

image.thumb.png.b602478c306a5a0c00e90dce8bd14dd0.png

 

so I want and check my DNS and my DNS is pointing to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

image.png.18b69964b9ca683e1d3f247fb91321e1.png

 

and also I have a G/W that is point to 192.168.1.1

image.png.772d4ffdc1f237917639889617e3f2fc.png

 

so I am not sure what I need to do to resolve this.

 

also for your knowledge I have a PFSENSE that handles all my DHCP and routing from my ISP with PFBlocker and I have tested this with and without PFBlocker turned on and I am getting this

image.thumb.png.f1cf9504c7e90b8b7ff83810a3ac7d34.png

 

 

  • 2 weeks later...

Perhaps this is expected behavior? I have the modified Mover Tuning plugin installed but have not updated to the most recent version. Still on vs 2020.5.11 which I believe is compatible with unraid 6.8.3. However, FCP is reporting that this version of the plugin isn't compatible. I have ignored the warning but thought it might be a bug in FCP.

 

SafariScreenSnapz001.thumb.jpg.a6fd60ca9e329fcef617e47abd620ddc.jpg

  • Author
48 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

bug

It's not supposed to do that™

So I am trying to upgrade from 6.1.3 to current to 6.5.3 and installed the fix problems plugin. When I hit the scan button it freezes and I have to do a shutdown to get back to the webgui. This is the error in the log  unable to connect to unix:///var/run/docker.sock (No such file or directory) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 490. I want to run this before trying the update. I am still using the phaze plugin for plex and need to start using the Docker instead and need to upgrade.

Is there any way to disable the reporting/notifications for (specifically) plugin and docker update availability?

Edited by Espressomatic

Hi, I am fairly new to UnRaid. I have been running it for a 3 months without too many issues. I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask my question. If not please let me know. Currently I am running into an issue with permissions on one of my shares. This share is where I put the appData for all of my Docker Minecraft servers. I have two separate Docker images for the two different types of servers. One for Java edition and one for Bedrock edition. The directories in this share for the Java editions work perfectly fine. However, the directories Bedrock containers are giving me permission issues. When trying to edit/modify/delete files and folders in the Bedrock directories from a Windows device I receive an error:

You require permission from Unix User\nobody to make changes to this folder.

image.png.2e3a335b33b1c2d1e8b684643c042132.png

 

I have been Googling and reading forums on similar issues. Everything that I read says to try running the Docker Safe New Perms Tool. I have tried running this tool but it automatically excluding my Minecraft share. I am not sure why this share is being automatically excluded. I have tried searching for how to remove this share from the exclusion list but am unable to find anything.

image.thumb.png.5ebcd0986cb2bc69e4ce81356b4a4418.png

 

I have tried running an extended test in Fix Common Problems but still nothing. Ultimately my problem is that I have directories in a share that have permission issues. But from what I am reading the best common fix is to run the Docker Safe New Perms Tool. Unfortunately, this tool is automatically excluding the share that I am having issues with.

 

My question is, is there a way to exclude a share from the exclusion list for this tool?  Please let me know if I'm asking in the wrong place or if there is a better way to go about fixing my ultimate issue with folder permissions.

 

Thank you!

  • Author
1 minute ago, Russonti said:

The directories in this share for the Java editions work perfectly fine. However, the directories Bedrock containers are giving me permission issues. When trying to edit/modify/delete files and folders in the Bedrock directories from a Windows device I receive an error:

You require permission from Unix User\nobody to make changes to this folder.

Fairly normal for the appdata directories.  Apps have their own unique permission requirements which may or may not be compatible with SMB.  You could always either use the command line or the Krusader app to manipulate these folders (or bug the maintainer in the support thread for further advice)

 

Because of those unique permission requirements, Docker Safe New Perms doesn't ever touch those folders.  If you want to take a shot (YMMV), then run the New Permissions tool against the appdata share.

 

Thank You Squid!  The Krusader app worked for me. 

 

I guess that would make sense that not all apps would be compatible with SMB. It's kind of funny that it was the app running Microsoft's version of the game is the one that gave me trouble lol. 

 

I appreciate the quick response and helpful information!

Is there a way to easily fix all filenames containing illegal characters?

the plugin found a lot doing the extended test.

  • Author
1 hour ago, Greyberry said:

Is there a way to easily fix all filenames containing illegal characters?

the plugin found a lot doing the extended test.

It's a manual thing to do.  It really only affects shares that you use though.

5 hours ago, Squid said:

It's a manual thing to do.  It really only affects shares that you use though.

lol, not gonna happen. I consider renaming hundreds of files manually a bad idea. 😅

 

I wrote a shell-script for that purpose that renames unsupported windows-characters to underscores. it served me well.

#!/bin/sh

# --------------------------------------------------------
# User: Greyberry (https://forums.unraid.net/profile/105908-greyberry/)
# Date: 01.04.2021
# --------------------------------------------------------
# This Script was written for UNRAID, to guarantee
# filename-compatibility with Windows and MacOS Systems.
# It changes unsupported chars to an underscore '_' .
#
# DISCLAIMER
# The code within this post comes with no guarantee, 
# the use of this code is your responsibility.
# I take NO responsibility and/or liability for how you choose to use any of the code available here. 
# By using any of this code, you understand that you are AGREEING TO USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
# ALL code is for EDUCATION and/or RESEARCH purposes ONLY.
# ---------------------------------------------------------

processDir(){

        for file in "$1"/*; do

                # skip nonexisting files, just in case
                if [[ ! -e "$file" ]]; then
                        continue
                fi


                # rename SPECIAL_CHARS
                if [[ "$file" == *[$SPECIAL_CHARS]* ]]; then

                        # Preview
                        if [[ "$OPERATION_MODE" == "PREVIEW"  ]] && [[ $(basename "$file") == *[$SPECIAL_CHARS]* ]]; then
                                echo "PREVIEW: $file ----> ${file//[$SPECIAL_CHARS]/$REPLACEMENT_CHAR}"
                        fi

                        # Commit
                        if [[ "$OPERATION_MODE" == "COMMIT" ]]; then
                                echo "RENAMING: $file ----> ${file//[$SPECIAL_CHARS]/$REPLACEMENT_CHAR}"
                                mv "$file" "${file//[$SPECIAL_CHARS]/$REPLACEMENT_CHAR}"
                                file="${file//[$SPECIAL_CHARS]/$REPLACEMENT_CHAR}"
                        fi
                fi


                # visit directory
                if [ -d "$file" ]; then
                        processDir "$file"
                fi

        done
}


# check arguments
if [ "$#" -ne 2 ] || ! [ -d "$1" ] || [[ "$2" != "PREVIEW" && "$2" != "COMMIT" ]]; then
  echo "Usage: $0 <DIRECTORY> PREVIEW|COMMIT" >&2
  exit 1
fi


# vars
SEARCH_DIR=$1
OPERATION_MODE=$2
SPECIAL_CHARS='\:\"\?\<\>\\'
REPLACEMENT_CHAR='_'


# start
processDir "$SEARCH_DIR"

 

  • 2 weeks later...

I cant seem to install the plugin even when directly using the github url.

image.png

  • Author
9 hours ago, iMoD1998 said:

I cant seem to install the plugin even when directly using the github url.

image.png

 

Post your diagnostics.  There's something else going on.

  • Author

try again after rebooting.  If it still doesn't work, post another set of diags

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.