[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

1455 posts in this topic Last Reply

Here's an idea for another check this wonderful plugin could make, though I thoroughly admit it is an edge case:

Check /mnt permissions to ensure the mode is 0755.

I suggest this because a sloppy boot-time script on my system borked permissions on /mnt, and the result was that all my User Shares (both via SMB and the GUI) vanished until I found and fixed it.

Again--absolutely an edge case, but thought it might save someone a couple hours at some point :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This plugin is designed to find and offer up suggestions to a multitude of configuration errors, outright problems, etc for numerous aspects of your unRaid server.   To install this plugin,

Mainly because my keyboard is worn out from replying "Uninstall Advanced Buttons", today's update features an "Update Assistant" which sits on the Tools Menu (next to Update OS)   This perfo

Implied Cache Only shares do not have files / folders stored outside the cache drive Cache Only shares do not have files / folders stored outside the cache drive Array Only shares do not

Posted Images

On 6/14/2021 at 7:15 PM, wblondel said:

Hello everyone,

I ran an "Extended test", but it seems to be stuck. One of my shares has 1m documents (for a total of 1.3TB), and it has been scanning it for more than an hour.

CPU usage of the extendedTest.php script is 20%, and for the shfs process it's 100%. Weirdly, there is no disk activity. Even iotop shows 0 everywhere.

I think reorgonazing my shares so that they contain less files would solve the issue, but I still wanted to ask if that's expected behaviour. Maybe it will finish in an hour or two. I'll update this post if so.

Still stuck after almost a week, 100% CPU during all this time :/

EDIT: After few more hours the test finally ended!

Edited by wblondel
  • 1 month later...

I am getting these 2 errors:

1. Multiple NICs on the same IPv4 network

1. This is false, because I used to have 2 NICs installed, but now only 1. I do not have "eth1" inside my /config/network.cgf and I have no way of removing or seeing it inside Network Settings. Any tips?

2. Invalid folder ram contained within /mnt

1. This is my ram-disk placed under /mnt/ram, I could ignore this, but is there another way such that this plugin allows it?

tower-diagnostics-20210720-1929.zip

12 hours ago, mrbusiness said:

Multiple NICs on the same IPv4 network

1. This is false, because I used to have 2 NICs installed, but now only 1. I do not have "eth1" inside my /config/network.cgf and I have no way of removing or seeing it inside Network Settings. Any tips?

Edit the config/network.cfg file on your flash drive and remove the items with [1] in the name, those are somehow leftover from your other nic. Also change SYSNICS to "1". Then reboot and re-run FCP

# Generated settings:
IFNAME[0]="eth0"
PROTOCOL[0]="ipv4"
USE_DHCP[0]="yes"
DHCP_KEEPRESOLV="no"
USE_DHCP6[0]="yes"
DHCP6_KEEPRESOLV="no"
IPADDR[1]="192.168.1.101"   <---
NETMASK[1]="255.255.255.0"  <---
GATEWAY[1]="192.168.1.1"    <---
SYSNICS="2"                 <---

12 hours ago, mrbusiness said:

Invalid folder ram contained within /mnt

1. This is my ram-disk placed under /mnt/ram, I could ignore this, but is there another way such that this plugin allows it?

I would just ignore it. FCP flags anything non-standard, and none of the standard places would make sense for what you are doing.

Is there a way to disable Fix Common Problems from checking for updates that are already queue'd to be installed? I keep getting notifications of "x docker app has an update available for it" and want to minimize those discord alerts since it will get auto-updated at 5am.

Is there anywhere else to tweak exact notifications that Fix Common Problems sends out?