ControlR (Android/iOS app for unRAID)

ControlR 5.6.0 is available on Apple and Google stores !

v5.6.0
- Upgrade core libraries
- Implement new settings components

This is a maintenance release, I will work on some additional changes now that this is working :)

Edited by jbrodriguez
On 7/15/2023 at 8:47 PM, jbrodriguez said:

yes, probably that's a good idea, will try to include it in the next release

Hi, it has now been a few months, but the > is still there and I have issues with destroying VMs in the app. I do have to force stop my VMs as it often hangs after starting from unraid sleep state. When do you think can you remove this unnecessary coming soon arrow?

Or maybe you can move the stop pause restart destroy buttons below the VM names? As the issue can also occur, when the VM name is too long.

image.thumb.png.a3d65f1812d777129144a8cc5f8c050b.png

Cheers

On 1/27/2024 at 3:22 AM, Doublemyst said:

Or maybe you can move the stop pause restart destroy buttons below the VM names? As the issue can also occur, when the VM name is too long.

Thanks for the patience !

I have this mapped for an upcoming release

but yes, moving the buttons to another line should be the way to go
1298003126_Screenshot2024-01-28at06_47_34.png.77c1071f1fa332f9bd314b908b589145.png

• 2 weeks later...

ControlR 6.0.0 is available on Apple and Google stores !

v6.0.0

- Fixed issue with camera permissions
- The app now supports various languages

ControlR is now localized in

- English

- German

- French

- Spanish

!!!

You can choose the language in the settings, I will add a language selection screen that will run on fresh installs

If you find any issue with the translations, let me know 😀 

• 2 weeks later...

ControlR 6.1.0 is available on Apple and Google stores !

v6.1.0

- Choose language after fresh installs
- Determine default language based on device locale
- Open matching language faq page
- Sort dockers and vms by started/running state
- Show feedback on screen taps
- Upgrade core libraries

This release improves the usability of the app, especially with the touch feedback on buttons and sorting dockers and vms, so that the ones that are running are pushed to the top of the list

up next, i'll look into making the plugin more seamless than it is today

i also want to explore the following topics

- user scripts (i want to take another stab at this)

- unlock encrypted servers

if you have any other topics that you feel could be explored, let me know :) 

Hello!
I use the app on my iPhone and everything worked fine until the last update. Since the update, however, I don't have any control options for Docker and VM, only the status is displayed. I then removed my Unraid system from the app and reintegrated it, error still occurs (see screenshots).

I then removed and reinstalled both the app on the iPhone and the plugin in Unraid and now I can no longer add Unraid in the app...

Discover: Server is found but after entering the login data only the spinning top turns.

Manual: exactly the same.

QRCode: I get the error 2301 (see screenshot)

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what else I can do and would be grateful for any help - I use the app a lot and think it's pretty great!

IMG_2287.PNG

IMG_2286.PNG

IMG_2289.PNG

Thanks for the answer... the names of the containers and VMs have always been this long and until the update there were no problems - with the VMs they are also quite short... but I would test this with the containers, only I have to get the server back into the app at all...

1 hour ago, MikeDelta said:

Hello!
I use the app on my iPhone and everything worked fine until the last update. Since the update, however, I don't have any control options for Docker and VM, only the status is displayed. I then removed my Unraid system from the app and reintegrated it, error still occurs (see screenshots).

I then removed and reinstalled both the app on the iPhone and the plugin in Unraid and now I can no longer add Unraid in the app...

Discover: Server is found but after entering the login data only the spinning top turns.

Manual: exactly the same.

QRCode: I get the error 2301 (see screenshot)

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what else I can do and would be grateful for any help - I use the app a lot and think it's pretty great!

IMG_2289.PNG

on the screenshot it doesn't look like you're entering a password ? you don't have one set for the server ? i think that became obligatory (i always had one for my servers) ?

also if you're logged in to unraid connec (unraid.net), can you try with the long hash name for the server (instead of the ip) ?

as for the issue with the dockers/vms not showing the actions, it's working for me on my server 

197657184_SimulatorScreenshot-iPhone15Pro-2024-02-19at07_03_14.thumb.png.aaebc78e2edc7942850b3a0b8d10058a.png

@MikeDelta, would you mind running the controlr support script (it retrieves diagnostics info),  as described here  https://github.com/jbrodriguez/controlr-support ?

19 minutes ago, jbrodriguez said:

on the screenshot it doesn't look like you're entering a password ? you don't have one set for the server ? i think that became obligatory (i always had one for my servers) ?

also if you're logged in to unraid connec (unraid.net), can you try with the long hash name for the server (instead of the ip) ?

as for the issue with the dockers/vms not showing the actions, it's working for me on my server 

@MikeDelta, would you mind running the controlr support script (it retrieves diagnostics info),  as described here  https://github.com/jbrodriguez/controlr-support ?

Hi!

Yes, of course I use a password, I just deleted it from the screen after the error...

But I was just able to solve it by entering the hostname of the Unraid system in my DNS server (Adguard Home) in addition to the FQDN and after a few minutes I manually re-entered the server and now it works immediately via both the IP address and the hostname. Also the control options are back for Docker and VM. It still doesn't work via Discover and QR code, but that's not important for me as long as it can be done manually.

Is it possible that the integration only works if the app can resolve the name of the Unraid server in the LAN that is entered under Identification - Server Name?

In any case, many thanks for your support and the great app!

• Thanks 1

ControlR 6.2.0 is available on Apple and Google stores !

v6.2.0

Improve visibility of docker names and operations 

With this release, docker names will be justified and operations will always be visible and vertically aligned

in the next release, i will fix some issue related to the controls of vms (and potentially dockers)

• Like 1

ControlR 6.2.1 is available on Apple and Google stores !

v6.2.1

Fix issue with docker and vm actions (due to localization)

VMs (and potentially Dockers) didn't show controls (actions) when the language wasn't english 😮. Do not fret ! This is fixed now 😀

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the Tailscale plugin setup and it allows me to connect from my iPhone to my Tailscale IP for my unraid server.

I cannot, however, get this working in ControlR as an address. I input the following settings:

http
[tailscale IP for unraid]
port
username
password

The Tailscale app is running and connected on my iPhone, and I can login via Safari to my Tailscale unraid IP and the port, username and password I use to setup ControlR.

In ControlR, when I click "Add" I get this error:

Unable to add server: {
 "code":2301,
 "message": "unable to fetch /Main",
 "description": "[object Object]"
}

Any ideas how I can get this to work? I would prefer to use Tailscale instead of another VPN due to it's ease of use and manageability.

Thanks,

Shane.

Edited by shanelord
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @jbrodriguez

I've following issue in the app. When I am not at home and I connect to one of my unraid servers via Wireguard, I can see all the active servers in the app, but when I try to wakup the sleeping one, no wakeup signal is sent. When I send the wakeup signal in the same network (over WiFi), everything works fine.

Do you know how to fix it?

Cheers!

On 3/23/2024 at 12:07 AM, shanelord said:

Any ideas how I can get this to work? I would prefer to use Tailscale instead of another VPN due to it's ease of use and manageability.

i missed this post 😮

could you try the newer version of the app ? it shows a different log (instead of [object Object])

does it work if you add the server via https (instead of http) + tailscale ip ?

i'll probably be changing the input, so that a user can paste the browser url instead of splitting the url components