ControlR (Android/iOS app for unRAID)

Have you restarted the app?

As in swiped it from recent apps and re-opened it? Many times, yes.

I'll try a 'Force close' and see if it helps.

The way over-the-air works is an red badge appears on the settings icon to draw attention, when you press Settings, it shows a message saying restart to update (or something close to that).

It's strange that it seemingly didn't work for you.

In any case, I have a new version on review in the stores, hope it becomes available soon.

I'll also create a FAQ in the App's website ... there's too much info scattered around in the forum pages, it will be better to have a central location for common questions.

Does the over the air update only work once the ControlR plugin is installed on Unraid?

I've only recently picked up the app and it's very good, but not added plugin yet and not seen an update to the app yet (version 2.3.1 and unraid 6.3.0)

No, no need for the plugin for over-the-air to work.

Are you on iOS or Android ?

v2.4.0 is now available on both stores (or should be pretty soon) !

2.4.0 - 2017-02-10

This is a maintenance release, with updates to core app libraries.

Also in this release:

- Fix warning message created by missing token in api call

- General improvements and bug fixes

As previously mentioned, this is mainly to catch up with many libraries that were updated in the past weeks and to fix the warning about the missing token.

@johnnie.black, would you let me know if the visual issue persists ?

Does the over the air update only work once the ControlR plugin is installed on Unraid?

I've only recently picked up the app and it's very good, but not added plugin yet and not seen an update to the app yet (version 2.3.1 and unraid 6.3.0)

No, no need for the plugin for over-the-air to work.

Are you on iOS or Android ?

Android (Nougat).

I can now see the 2.4.0 in play store, so I've just pushed that update now.

Just changed some of my docker icons, and not all of them show up on the app.

iOS

version 2.4.0

You mean it shows the previous icons or no icon at all ?

Some have the previous icons and some have the new ones I made.

Ok, in that case I think it's a cache issue.

What you did was replace the file (let's say sonarr.png) with the new file, keeping the name (sonarr.png).

Since the name didn't change, the app retrieves it from the cache rather than fetching it from the server, showing a stale icon.

The short term solution would be to delete the app and reinstall (or clear all its data).

In the medium term, I will either:

- Clear cache when deleting the server

- Add a refresh cache function for each server

If you're willing to reinstall/clear data, let me know if that works for you.

Just changed some of my docker icons, and not all of them show up on the app.

iOS

version 2.4.0

You mean it shows the previous icons or no icon at all ?

Some have the previous icons and some have the new ones I made.

Ok, in that case I think it's a cache issue.

What you did was replace the file (let's say sonarr.png) with the new file, keeping the name (sonarr.png).

Since the name didn't change, the app retrieves it from the cache rather than fetching it from the server, showing a stale icon.

The short term solution would be to delete the app and reinstall (or clear all its data).

In the medium term, I will either:

- Clear cache when deleting the server

- Add a refresh cache function for each server

If you're willing to reinstall/clear data, let me know if that works for you.

Deleting the server from the list and re-adding it didn't work; re-adding the entire app did.

Can you use Controlr remotely?  Or does ControlR need full access to port 80 on your server to work?

It works remotely only via OpenVPN or similar.

Yes, it needs access to the webGUI port.

Maybe your companion plugin could act as a bridge between the webui and internet, adding some sort of token authentication.

Can you use Controlr remotely?  Or does ControlR need full access to port 80 on your server to work?

Maybe your companion plugin could act as a bridge between the webui and internet, adding some sort of token authentication.

Should such be added please keep it optional. I am very happy with the fact that I can -only- access my server over VPN.

• Like 1

Should such be added please keep it optional. I am very happy with the fact that I can -only- access my server over VPN.

There have been discussions about this.

Honestly, I'm still on the "don't do it" camp :)

• Like 1

If you even entertain a built in solution at all, I'd make it a separate plugin on the unraid side, so by default the base installation is local only. The more hoops people have to jump through to lower security on their server the better.

The functionality is already available, OpenVPN and DuckDNS cover 99% of users.

For now, just point people to http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=54364.0 when they want remote access.

• Like 1

If you even entertain a built in solution at all, I'd make it a separate plugin on the unraid side, so by default the base installation is local only. The more hoops people have to jump through to lower security on their server the better.

The functionality is already available, OpenVPN and DuckDNS cover 99% of users.

For now, just point people to http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=54364.0 when they want remote access.

Thanks jonathanm, I appreciate your input.