unRAID Server Release 6.2.0-beta23 Available

Small bug in the network setting GUI.  If you select "static" for IP address, it greys out the choice for static/automatic for DNS server.... so if both were Auto, and you changed IP address to static, you could not then change DNS server to static also.  You have to change DNS server to static FIRST, before you change IP address to static.

When both IP and DNS are set to automatic and IP is changed to static then the DNS setting is also changed to static and the selection is disabled at the same time (it is not allowed to have automatic DNS and static IP). At this point DNS entries can be entered.

Changing IP back to automatic leaves DNS on static, but it can be changed to automatic if desired

Unless I misunderstand your issue all is working as expected in b23.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When both IP and DNS are set to automatic and IP is changed to static then the DNS setting is also changed to static and the selection is disabled at the same time

Not on my 6.2b23.  If both are auto, and I change IP to static, DNS is disabled, but remains Auto and is NOT changed to static.  I tested it several times.

When both IP and DNS are set to automatic and IP is changed to static then the DNS setting is also changed to static and the selection is disabled at the same time

Not on my 6.2b23.  If both are auto, and I change IP to static, DNS is disabled, but remains Auto and is NOT changed to static.  I tested it several times.

I have tested this in Chrome, Firefox and Edge and all works as expected (DNS setting changes to static when IP setting is changed to static).

Are you using a different browser or perhaps an adblocker interfering ?

Appears that 6.2b23 lost the year in my parity check history log (see attached).

Strange, it put mine back in....  ;D

2016 Jul 1 12:17:46	10 hr, 17 min, 45 sec	107.9 MB/s	OK
Jun 1 12:01:38	10 hr, 1 min, 37 sec	110.8 MB/s	OK
May 1 12:22:39	10 hr, 22 min, 38 sec	107.1 MB/s	OK
Apr 1 11:58:23	9 hr, 58 min, 22 sec	111.4 MB/s	OK
Mar 1 11:58:29	9 hr, 58 min, 27 sec	111.4 MB/s	OK
Feb 1 07:05:20	9 hr, 57 min, 26 sec	111.6 MB/s	OK

Why do I always have to be special lol???

EDIT: added diagnostics since I appear to be special again

You just found a bug...  ;D

Year isn't added to the history when parity operation check finishes while the GUI is open, corrected in next release.

Why do I always have to be special lol???

EDIT: added diagnostics since I appear to be special again

You just found a bug...  ;D

Year isn't added to the history when parity operation check finishes while the GUI is open, corrected in next release.

Wow good catch! That is exactly what happened. I opened the GUI right at 99.9% parity finish.

I have just to upgraded from 6.1.9 to 6.2 beta23 and have been reading post upgrade procedures for VM's on the 6.2 beta18 post.

Specifically, this procedure

• For each VM, go to the VMs tab, click the VM's icon, and select the Edit option
  • Turn on "Advanced View" in the top right of the Edit VM page
  • If you are using VNC for the primary graphics card, adjust the VNC Video Driver field to QXL
  • Click Apply

Even if your VM isn't using VNC (such as GPU pass through), you should perform the above procedure.

I cannot see the option for QXL. Or am I looking in the wrong area?

Untitled.jpg.d72c7b54aaa78e59f9b111b6297a6db4.jpg

I ended up reverting back to 6.1.9 as the 6.2 beta23 release seems to require a license check before starting the array.

Even when the trial had 14 days left, it would still come up with a validation error at the top left. Once I connect the server to the internet, it validates and allows me to start up everything.

In 6.1.9, it did not require validation as long as the license had not expired.

The reason behind this is that I am running a pfSense VM with its own NIC passed through to the VM, which acts as my router for the whole home network, including unRAID. So there is no internet connection until the VM starts.

Anyone know if PRO licenses for 6.2 will stop the online checks? I would assume 6.1.9 PRO licenses won't require validation as they dont expire.

Thanks

As far as I know, only the betas phone home to do a license check during boot.

The reason is that if a beta has a serious bug that could do damage to data, limetech can pull it and prevent the machines from booting into it by flipping a remote switch

The release notes for the 6.2 betas state up front that an Internet connection is required (and a license check done) at boot regardless of your license type.  They also state that when 6.2 comes out of beta this check will no longer be done for paid-for license types.

I have Pro licenses and can confirm the check is done if I am running the 6.2 beta.

As far as I know, only the betas phone home to do a license check during boot.

The reason is that if a beta has a serious bug that could do damage to data, limetech can pull it and prevent the machines from booting into it by flipping a remote switch

Ah i wondered why only the betas did this. That makes sense

Is anyone having trouble stopping the array.

I also had to reset my config because of some bug where I could not add hard drives cause the option was grayed out and also cache did not have a selection for how many drives and was just blank. After renaming config this issue was resolved but I am still having trouble stopping the array.

If you want some intelligent help, you will have to post your diagnostics file (Go to 'Tools') and a list of the plugins and Dockers that you are running would also be helpful.

Could this cause it and does anyone know how to resolve this:

2016-07-02 16:49:22.658+0000: 18773: error : main:1279 : Can't load config file: Failed to open file '/etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf': No such file or directory: /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf

I also had to reset my config because of some bug where I could not add hard drives cause the option was grayed out and also cache did not have a selection for how many drives and was just blank. After renaming config this issue was resolved but I am still having trouble stopping the array.

2016-07-02 16:49:22.658+0000: 18773: error : main:1279 : Can't load config file: Failed to open file '/etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf': No such file or directory: /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf

That's KVM component to me.... So if you're not talking about an issue with virtual machines, no I don't think it is the cause and like someone has already told you...

If you want some intelligent help, you will have to post your diagnostics file (Go to 'Tools') and a list of the plugins and Dockers that you are running would also be helpful.

That's KVM component to me.... So if you're not talking about an issue with virtual machines, no I don't think it is the cause and liek someone has already told you...

Honestly could not tell you how I fixed it since I did a lot of things.

What I did first was I noticed in advanced VM was using /mnt/user/domains but that share did not exist so I created it. Shutting the Array did not stop it.

After restarting and starting the Array, I noticed VM is still Stopped and for some reason I decided it was a good idea to delete the virtio driver and redid the VM Manager settings. I tried stopping again.

The next boot I noticed VM manager actually started though which fixed one issue. But it still did not stop properly. so I rebooted again but this time I noticed when shutting down it said cache was not unmounted properly.

Next boot I took off cache and tried to stop array and it worked. I put back cache and tried again but it failed. =(.

I restarted yet once again and left the cache in and started it and then tried to stop the array and it worked.

Very odd since this even failed with a totally new config when I did a format of the flash drive and started fresh. Weirdly even when this happened in 6.2 beta23 it did not happen once I reverted back to 6.19.

I'm trying to COMPLETELY delete a Docker so I can re-install from scratch.  I've done this many times in the past, with no issues.

Stop Docker Container

Remove Appdata folder

Remove Docker container and Image

Problem is when I attempt to re-install, it says image already exists, and uses the existing image.  I want it download a VIRGIN image, as if it were the first time installing the docker, it appears to me as if nothing is downloading.  Reason is, I updated this particular docker (NZBHydra/Linuxserver) via the update from WITHIN the NZBHydra web interface, which went fine.  Unfortunately, this update has a bug when using with Sonarr, and I want to revert back to the version which was installed originally. 

I've never had an issue doing this in the past.  If I'm not making any sense, I apologize :)

Thanks.

Switch the advanced tab on the dockers menu page and see if there is an orphaned container, if there is blitz it and try again.

Tried that, no orphaned containers :(

This isn't a V6.2 Beta issue.  This is likely that the NZBHydra container has been updated.  Scoot along over to the support thread and I'll check it out for you...

Switch the advanced tab on the dockers menu page and see if there is an orphaned container, if there is blitz it and try again.

Tried that, no orphaned containers :(

This isn't a V6.2 Beta issue.  This is likely that the NZBHydra container has been updated.  Scoot along over to the support thread and I'll check it out for you...

Its not 6.2, but the way that docker works, completely normal.  Image layers are shared between containers.  If its already there, being used by another app, then it won't redownload it.