[Support] for atribe's repo Docker images

9 minutes ago, beltin said:

Good evening, I just installed influxdb from your repo and ran the config to enable the web interface. I can see the docker is listening on that port but when I try and browse via GUI I get nothing and telnet drops straight away. I also cannot see a config file anywhere in /mnt/user/appdata/influxdb or sub directories to confirm that its taken the config for enabling the GUI. Appreciate any assistance you can give, many thanks.

Beltin, bad news the GUI has been removed in 1.13. You can roll back to 1.12 or earlier to get the gui. See https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v1.3/tools/web_admin/

Edited by atribe
incorrect wording fix.
  • 4 weeks later...

I got Grafana installed but having trouble adding a datasource. From what I understand graphite is built in but unsure how to use it.. what port to use and all those other settings.  I tried to use InfluxDB but the web gui doesn't load.  I guess they removed it in a certain version so I'm unsure how to use it.

7 hours ago, grphx said:

I got Grafana installed but having trouble adding a datasource. From what I understand graphite is built in but unsure how to use it.. what port to use and all those other settings.  I tried to use InfluxDB but the web gui doesn't load.  I guess they removed it in a certain version so I'm unsure how to use it.

Grphx, looks like you need to find a good tutorial on how to use grafana (the dashboard), influxdb (where the data is stored), and telegraf (the thing that gathers the data). I did a quick google and found a bunch. Here is one I found you could reference: https://lazyadmin.nl/it/installing-grafana-influxdb-and-telegraf-using-docker/

• 1 month later...

Ok I must be missing something that everyone else seems to know already.

I installed the Influx and Grafana dockers.  Grafana works like a charm.  Influx though I'm not sure if its up at all.  

I tried enabling the web interface but I still get a 404

59dfe2585571a_2017-10-1215_44_26-Backup_UpdateContainer.png.adca4b0599f94d47ebe6f661e31d2a98.png

I honestly don't care if I have a web interface but I have no idea how I'm supposed to interact with the db as a docker on unraid in any other way.

What I'm really going for here is this page to complete successfully:

59dfe2aba649c_2017-10-1215_45_54-Grafana-Home.thumb.png.8cb7a65a0f2e41681926f3bffb0bf0be.png

I literally don't know what to fill in the fields with b/c I wasn't able to define any of these settings somewhere.

I would really really appreciate any assistance as this is my first go at influx and grafana.  I swear I'm not stupid, but I encounter issues like this and I have my doubts...

6 minutes ago, whoopn said:

Ok I must be missing something that everyone else seems to know already.

I installed the Influx and Grafana dockers.  Grafana works like a charm.  Influx though I'm not sure if its up at all.  

I tried enabling the web interface but I still get a 404

59dfe2585571a_2017-10-1215_44_26-Backup_UpdateContainer.png.adca4b0599f94d47ebe6f661e31d2a98.png

I honestly don't care if I have a web interface but I have no idea how I'm supposed to interact with the db as a docker on unraid in any other way.

What I'm really going for here is this page to complete successfully:

59dfe2aba649c_2017-10-1215_45_54-Grafana-Home.thumb.png.8cb7a65a0f2e41681926f3bffb0bf0be.png

I literally don't know what to fill in the fields with b/c I wasn't able to define any of these settings somewhere.

I would really really appreciate any assistance as this is my first go at influx and grafana.  I swear I'm not stupid, but I encounter issues like this and I have my doubts...

Influxdb doesn't have an admin interface anymore. That being said, try port 8086 instead of port 8183.

2 minutes ago, atribe said:

Influxdb doesn't have an admin interface anymore. That being said, try port 8086 instead of port 8183.

Still no go, this was me troubleshooting earlier before I changed the ports back to stock, should've changed my screenshot.

image.thumb.png.5a90407afcfd5c22b61b0305146c6989.png

I don't know what credentials to use, does it need any?  What about creating a database?  I haven't done that either.

19 minutes ago, whoopn said:

Still no go, this was me troubleshooting earlier before I changed the ports back to stock, should've changed my screenshot.

This is my current setup. I can also hit http://10.13.14.15:8086/query?db=data&data=urlencode&pretty=true&format=xml&q=SELECT%20mean(%22usage_system%22)%20FROM%20%22cpu%22

and get 

{
    "results": [
        {
            "statement_id": 0,
            "error": "database not found: data"
        }
    ]
}

Grafana.png.9ad8d85193c6da7ab77e178d1ef43c31.png

8 minutes ago, atribe said:

Whatever you are using to send data to influxdb should create the DB. I use telegraf, it creates the db.

I'm not sure the data logger does that, its expecting the database to be created for it.  Is there a way to create the database manually?

Here are the instructions I am following: http://codersaur.com/2016/04/smartthings-data-visualisation-using-influxdb-and-grafana/

I appreciate your help BTW!

Edited by whoopn
21 minutes ago, whoopn said:

I'm not sure the data logger does that, its expecting the database to be created for it.  Is there a way to create the database manually?

Here are the instructions I am following: http://codersaur.com/2016/04/smartthings-data-visualisation-using-influxdb-and-grafana/

That is old, so your going to have to refer to the docs https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v1.3/query_language/database_management/#create-database

Anyone else having issues with the grafana update?  Since I updated none of my panel plugins are working.  I am getting a 401 error.

Plugin Error
Fetch error: 401 Unauthorized Instantiating https://grafana.stevensononthe.net/public/plugins/natel-discrete-panel/module.js Loading plugins/natel-discrete-panel/module

This only seems to happen if I use the domain (via reverse proxy).  If I use the IP its fine.  Not sure what would have changed however.  Anyone have any ideas what to look for?

46 minutes ago, RAINMAN said:

Anyone else having issues with the grafana update?  Since I updated none of my panel plugins are working.  I am getting a 401 error.

This only seems to happen if I use the domain (via reverse proxy).  If I use the IP its fine.  Not sure what would have changed however.  Anyone have any ideas what to look for?

Everything works fine for me. But I don't have a reverse proxy setup at the moment, so I'm probably not giving you any new information.

8 hours ago, atribe said:

Everything works fine for me. But I don't have a reverse proxy setup at the moment, so I'm probably not giving you any new information.

I forced it to use v4.5.2 and its working again so they must have changed something that broke on my end.

My guess is one of these TLS bugs they "fixed" broke my setup somehow even though I have a valid certificate for that domain.

Datasources: Make datasource HTTP requests verify TLS by default. closes #9371, #5334, #8812

I'll followup on their bug tracker/site I guess.  

On 10/13/2017 at 11:57 PM, RAINMAN said:

I am having this issue too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a question about your mineos node container. I installed and noticed the version of mineos is quite old, form May 30th. Is there a way to update the version of mineos in the container? unRAID also seems to think there is an update for it, but it says "not available" on the docker page under version.

Edited by rjorgenson
On 10/31/2017 at 12:14 AM, rjorgenson said:

Hi,

I have a question about your mineos node container. I installed and noticed the version of mineos is quite old, form May 30th. Is there a way to update the version of mineos in the container? unRAID also seems to think there is an update for it, but it says "not available" on the docker page under version.

My server is down at the moment so I can't test things, but the image that my xml points to is https://hub.docker.com/r/hexparrot/mineos/ which had a new build two weeks ago. Maybe uninstall the container and reinstall it? Your data should be fine if you point it to the same places as it was before.

I am circling back around to using grafana/influxdb/telegraf but I can't seem to pull docker info. I am unsure what specific settings are required to do this as when I try to adjust the inputs.docker in the telegraf config it crashes from an endpoint issue.

Any help is appreciated!

Solution: Figured out I am an idiot and hadn't uncommented the actual input header to load the input into telegraf lol

Edited by wreave
On 8/20/2017 at 11:12 AM, grphx said:

That's awesome and helpful. I've put a link on the first page to direct people to it.

On 11/4/2017 at 1:48 AM, mkyb14 said:

Anyone having issues installing Telegraf?

I get the following error with no template mods. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 10.12.00 AM.png

I was getting the same here. I'm on 6.3.5 if that helps. following the guide from @panzerschreck. See the first screenshot.

just changed the apps directory to suit my system. See Second Screenshot.

I got it fixed. See second screenshot.

Just download the telegraf.conf from the github and edit it. save it to the telegraf apps folder. (https://github.com/influxdata/telegraf/blob/master/etc/telegraf.conf)

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 14.17.27.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 14.25.09.png

Edited by BillClinton
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, BillClinton said:

I was getting the same here. I'm on 6.3.5 if that helps. following the guide from @panzerschreck. See the first screenshot.

just changed the apps directory to suit my system. See Second Screenshot.

I got it fixed. See second screenshot.

Just download the telegraf.conf from the github and edit it. save it to the telegraf apps folder. (https://github.com/influxdata/telegraf/blob/master/etc/telegraf.conf)

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 14.17.27.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 14.25.09.png

Hey BillClinton,

glad it worked out! The telegraf.conf that is created in /.../appdata/ automatically is of an outdated version of Telegraf and replacing it with the new one is 100% needed. I've seen all kinds of errors from people not doing this.

If you've got any questions feel free to ask.