[Support] Linuxserver.io - TVHeadend

1 minute ago, saarg said:

That is caused by what is probably a bug in the latest version detecting your tuners. That works in the stable version and the correct config files is written. When you updated to the latest version, tvheadend just read the tuner configuration from settings and it therefore works.

I have no idea why your stable version got updated to latest. The tag should be persistent. What does your repository box say? linuxserver/tvheadend?

Can't get at that now as, of course, my openVPN is also acting up following recent events. I'll check this evening and report back.

Many many thanks to you and @CHBMB for your patience in holding my hand through this.

2 minutes ago, meep said:

Can't get at that now as, of course, my openVPN is also acting up following recent events. I'll check this evening and report back.

Many many thanks to you and @CHBMB for your patience in holding my hand through this.

I just checked here to install 4.0.9 and check for update. It updated, but still on 4.0.9. Not sure what happened there.

40 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

It's a bug to do with how the latest version scans your tuners initially.  

When you install stable, it scans, and that info is saved in your appdata, then when you upgrade to latest, that info is already available so the bug doesn't reveal itself.  However if you first install the latest version it does.

Here's the bug report for future reference;

https://tvheadend.org/issues/4273

On 7.3.2017 at 9:21 AM, Zan said:

Is anyone else using mkv recording profile? The mkv files tvheadend is producing can't be "seeked" on my Win10 PC with VLC.

Also comskip is not generating .edl files when mkv profile is selected.

I've switched to passthrough and can now seek and generate .edl files (which vlc can't make use of so now switched to smplayer) but I'd like to switch back to mkv if possible.

Has anyone been able to resolve the "seek" and edl issues I've experienced?

I tested comskip and mkv and it's not working for some reason. I think it might be related to ffmpeg being updated when we moved the base image from Alpine 3.4 to 3.5.

I'll see if I manage to compile ffmpeg instead of using the alpine version. 

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:24 PM, saarg said:

You need to answer the developer ;)

I'll do that when I have the time and inclination to replicate the issue.

Right now, my unRAID/ TVHeadEnd setup is refusing to map DVB-S services to channels and failing to record from DVB-T channels so a big mess that I'm trying to work on.

2 hours ago, meep said:

I'll do that when I have the time and inclination to replicate the issue.

Right now, my unRAID/ TVHeadEnd setup is refusing to map DVB-S services to channels and failing to record from DVB-T channels so a big mess that I'm trying to work on.

Probably user related :P

Never heard about not being able to map channels.

For testing the bug you reported just stop the Tvheadend container, then make a new tvheadend container with a different name and appdata folder. 

This way you just stop the working one and start the troubleshooting one when needed. 

21 hours ago, saarg said:

Probably user related :P

Never heard about not being able to map channels.

I don't doubt it's user related for one minute!!

I've tried to use Bouquets but they don't seem to be working.

My real problem is that my openVPN has stopped working for some unknown reason. This means I can't troubleshoot during work! I need to get that fixed first.

9 minutes ago, saarg said:

Switch to advanced view and add it in the extra parameters field. 

Curious which extra argument you need? 

I have to add

TVH_ARGS="--satip_xml http://your.box.ip.address:49000/satipdesc.xml"

So i can get my AVM DVB-C SATIP tuner to work.

Guide i use:

https://tvheadend.org/boards/4/topics/18013?r=18030#message-18030

The advanced view is only for container arguments right? I think i need to add an application argument.

12 minutes ago, f3dora said:

I have to add

TVH_ARGS="--satip_xml http://your.box.ip.address:49000/satipdesc.xml"

So i can get my AVM DVB-C SATIP tuner to work.

Guide i use:

https://tvheadend.org/boards/4/topics/18013?r=18030#message-18030

The advanced view is only for container arguments right? I think i need to add an application argument.

Yes, that is only for the run command. For additional runtime arguments read the info in the github link in the first post. It's explained there ;-)

Do not add the tvh-args you have in front. It's the --satip part you need. 

Edited by saarg
  • 2 weeks later...

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong with using this with Kodi?  I just can't get playback in Kodi that isn't too laggy to watch.  It's so bad sometimes that even the audio stops.

I tried using this docker initially with a Hauppauge Quad Tuner DVB-T2, and I've just tried this evening with a TBS 6205 I purchased today- my thinking was this card seems to work for everyone else, so it should work for me...

What I've done:

- dvbplugin installed with TBS Open Source drivers

- followed instructions here https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/tvheadend/ and here https://www.linuxserver.io/2017/02/19/how-to-set-up-tvheadend-with-your-dvb-t2-receiver/.  All channels found ok, logos added etc

- added tvheadend HTSP kodi addon.  (changed profile to HTSP from default just in case)

- upgraded to kodi 17.1 as it has some dvb fixes to see if that helped

Happy to post logs etc as I really need to fix this in the next 10 days otherwise I have to return the Happauge card then if I'm going to keep the TBS 6205.  If I can't get TVheadend to work, I'll have to go back to dvblink running in a VM which I really don't want to do.

tvh_logs.txt

Edited by DZMM
added logs
39 minutes ago, saarg said:

Not easy to say what is wrong in your setup. Any errors when going to the status tab of tvheadend while playing?

What do you use as the client? Do you have sync to framerate enabled in kodi?

Adjust display refresh rate - always

sync playback to display - no (audio not passed through if selected, which I need for my other media)

Errors is an interesting one - I've got some transport (240) and continuity errors (306)on one of my tuners, but after you alerting me to this page I can't get this tuner to be used again and the error count doesn't go up.

The problem seems to be just with HD channels.

2 hours ago, DZMM said:

Mi box 3 and fire TVs, connected via Unifi AC Pros.  My WiFi setup is good and i can stream 4k to the mi box, but i will setup Kodi on one of my VMs to see if the experience there is the same.

Is it the same problem on all of them?

Does the same problem occur if you watch TV in the webgui?

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, saarg said:

Is it the same problem on all of them?

Does the same problem occur if you watch TV in the webgui?

Webgui - ok.  Also just tested the android TVH client app and it works perfectly.

Problem on all mi box and Fire TV clients.  I just tried installing Kodi on my Nexus 6P and it was a bit better, only a few HD channels going bad.

On the VM I did a default Kodi install and it worked brilliantly - so good, I almost wanted to cry.  So, I then did a fresh kodi install on one of my fire tvs and left everything at default and I had the same problems.  

It could be a wireless problem, although I don't see how - the only way I can test that is to install kodi on my laptop - will try that later as the laptop's a bit messed up (won't do the anniversary update needed to install kodi)

Edited by DZMM