[Support] cheesemarathons repo

49 minutes ago, langrock said:

Those two variables still exist. What appears to be gone is the separate key pair used to access the web GUI. Right now it defaults to the ROOT access and secret key. You can define users and group within the web UI, though, which may then also allow those users with their separate keys to back up to the server, but I haven't tried that, yet. There's probably some document that explains how to generate compatible keys in case these need to fulfill certain requirements.

Thank you I was under the impression both variables where completely gone. I got it working under FreeNAS all I had to do was login to the Minio GUI, generate a new user which generates the unique user ACCESS_KEY and SECRET_ACCESS_KEY, I then assigned the user to the FreeNAS bucket. Then under TrueNAS (aka FreeNAS) I added the new access key and secret key for the amazon S3 credentials and is now backing again :)  My restic cli is still broken under windows I just need to export the AWS keys again to get it going but ill do it tomorrow it's midnight here in Los Angeles and I'm falling at sleep lol

thanks again

Edited by sickb0y
On 8/25/2021 at 9:32 PM, cheesemarathon said:

Easy fix. You're using the env variables that minio has depreciated. I updated the template but they don't seem to have pulled through to you. Remove your container and create it again from community apps. Just don't delete your minio appdata as well!!!! @pervel This should also fix your issue.

I have just done the above as well and had no issues. Just make sure to fill in your same user and password as before.

Thanks! Removing and re-creating the container did the job.

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Do you still maintain Task Café?

After installing it and creating an empty database in postgres, it starts and you get to the welcome page.

However, it says welcome back, and asks me to login, but there is no default user. The instructions tells you that you should get to an init page at your first visit, where you create the first user, but it is not possible to get to that init page.

The register button on the first page does not work either.

I've tried to wipe everything and start again from scratch, but the same problem. 

Any ideas how to solve it?

Edited by joggs
On 10/17/2021 at 3:15 PM, joggs said:

Hi!

After installing it and creating an empty database in postgres, it starts and you get to the welcome page.

However, it says welcome back, and asks me to login, but there is no default user. The instructions tells you that you should get to an init page at your first visit, where you create the first user, but it is not possible to get to that init page.

I've tried to wipe everything and start again from scratch, but the same problem. 

I don’t use it myself so I’m not sure what the issue is. I only create the template for the container to work on unraid not the docker image itself. On the taskcafe GitHub they suggest you use docker compose which unraid by default does not. It may be worth opening an issue on their GitHub to see if they can help. If you link the issue I’ll keep an eye on it and add any relevant info I can.

https://github.com/JordanKnott/taskcafe

19 hours ago, plantsandbinary said:

Why is this still happening? This container has had this issue for months and months now...

wtf.png

This looks like a communication issue between Ghost and your DB. I’m running the latest version without issue which leads me to think it is not a problem with the unraid template. I only produce the unraid template to get Ghosts docker image to install. A such I would suggest requesting help from the ghost community forum. If you link me the issue I’ll try keep an eye on it and chime in with any relevant software.

Apologies I can’t help more but it’s hard to help with software you do not write.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2021 at 9:15 AM, joggs said:

Hi!

If you visit their GitHub, issue #130 shows how you can resolve this.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

For Cloud Commander - Very simple thing but I cannot seem to do it and not finding something to help.  How do I open up a different unRaid server in Panel 2 so I can copy from one server to another?

Edited by Vaslo
Getting mixed up on all the tools im trying
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey CM.  Thanks for the great work. I have been using your minio docker for ages, since back in the days when the icon was just the default white question mark in a grey circle. But lately I have noticed that the minio docker is constantly reading from the array. The reads for the disk housing my minio data went up by about 2000 in just 2 minutes of the docker being up and running. Not sure why this is happening, but seems weird.

I tried re-building the docker by importing my settings into the latest template, but the behavior did not change. Any ideas? Anyone else seeing this?

Edited by diarnu
8 hours ago, diarnu said:

Hey CM.  Thanks for the great work. I have been using your minio docker for ages, since back in the days when the icon was just the default white question mark in a grey circle. But lately I have noticed that the minio docker is constantly reading from the array. The reads for the disk housing my minio data went up by about 2000 in just 2 minutes of the docker being up and running. Not sure why this is happening, but seems weird.

I tried re-building the docker by importing my settings into the latest template, but the behavior did not change. Any ideas? Anyone else seeing this?

Sorry I'm not having the same issue and I'm not sure what could cause it. I have attached screenshot from NetData showing disk usage at nearly zero for my minio container. Are you 100% it's minio? Use the NetData container to narrow this down. Anything in the logs?

Screenshot from 2021-11-27 14-06-53.png

I am sure its minio. I ended up reinstalling all of my docker containers in the last few days trying to chase down high reads on the array and high writes on the cache. The high cache writes are due to docker/btrfs write amplification in unraid. Reformatting my cache and applying a few other tweaks got the cache writes under control. But the continuous reading from the array persisted. During the container rebuilds I noticed that the continuous array reads start and stop along w/ my 2 minio containers.

I took a look at the logs for the minio containers but did not notice any errors/warnings. I did notice something about scanning in there. Seems like scanning could cause constant reads. I looked in the minio settings and found the scanning section, but could not figure out how to disable it...

And now for whatever reason the containers will no longer start up at all. I had been keeping them off until the continuous array reads get figured out and dealt with. Each attempt to start the container now only puts this line into the logs:

standard_init_linux.go:219: exec user process caused: no such file or directory

Once I can get the minio containers started up again, I will try the netdata container and see what it tells me...

Okie dokie. Got my minio containers working again. Also got a netdata container up and running. Looking at the data displayed by the netdata container shows almost zero reads coming from the minio container. Digging in a bit deeper, it looks like the continuous reads are coming from cron. But start/stop of the minio containers definitely coincides with start/stop of the continuous array reads from cron. I dunno, maybe this is just how unraid works and I just haven't noticed until now. 

I think I will leave the minio container running for a while and see if the reads settle down and stop. If they do not, maybe I will ask more questions in a different section of the forums.

Thanks for the help!

Holy flipping snots.

I was working on merging 2 separate instances of minio (1 each for 2 different users) into a single instance with per-user access to the buckets within, and noticed that the config mapping for the container was set to /mnt/user/appdata instead of /mnt/cache/appdata that I normally use. Fixed that and the constant array reads have gone away.

Sheesh. All this time spent troubleshooting, and it was a silly oversight. Ah well, c'est la vie...

2 hours ago, diarnu said:

Holy flipping snots.

I was working on merging 2 separate instances of minio (1 each for 2 different users) into a single instance with per-user access to the buckets within, and noticed that the config mapping for the container was set to /mnt/user/appdata instead of /mnt/cache/appdata that I normally use. Fixed that and the constant array reads have gone away.

Sheesh. All this time spent troubleshooting, and it was a silly oversight. Ah well, c'est la vie...

Well done on finally sorting it. 9 times out of 10 it’s the stupid simple thing.

On 11/29/2021 at 12:48 AM, kaleb112494 said:

Is TaskCafe still maintained? I see that there have been commits and updates pushed, but the docker container doesn't ever have new updates. TIA

Image was last updated 3 months ago. The last release on github was 8 months ago. Docker image appears to be maintained by the same guy who maintains the github repo. So if you wish for the docker to be updated, i would create an issue on github.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey CM.

Saw an update to the minio docker earlier today and hit the button to apply the update. Logged into the minio docker a short while later to check some settings and found that all the buckets were missing, add bucket button greyed out, no users, etc.

The log file had a warning that the version of minio was 2 days old and advised running the command 'mc admin update'. Attempted to run that command in the console but just got an error that the command mc was not found.

Dropped to an older version of the container (minio/minio:RELEASE.2021-11-24T23-19-33Z, I just kinda picked an older version at random) and everything is back to normal.

Is there something that needs to be done w/ the latest version of the minio docker to get it to function properly? Or maybe just a problematic update?

Thanks again for all your hard work.

okay, decided to try the latest then work my way back thru the tags. latest would not work, nor would the release from a day ago (minio/minio:RELEASE.2021-12-18T04-42-33Z), but the release from 10 days ago (minio/minio:RELEASE.2021-12-10T23-03-39Z) works fine. I skipped most of the hot fixes, and .fips versions (whatever those are).

On 12/21/2021 at 7:26 AM, diarnu said:

okay, decided to try the latest then work my way back thru the tags. latest would not work, nor would the release from a day ago (minio/minio:RELEASE.2021-12-18T04-42-33Z), but the release from 10 days ago (minio/minio:RELEASE.2021-12-10T23-03-39Z) works fine. I skipped most of the hot fixes, and .fips versions (whatever those are).

I'll look into this and see what I can find out. Hopefully there is just a migration command you can use.

On 12/30/2021 at 12:30 AM, diarnu said:

cool, thanks!

I figure there is some command to run or something along those lines, but can't find anything myself. the minio website/forums seem very heavily geared towards enterprise users (understandable, but makes it tough to find stuff for us lowly unraid users).

Morning! I have just updated from RELEASE.2021-12-10T23-03-39Z to the latest which is RELEASE.2021-12-29T06:49:06Z

I have had no issues with this at all. So I would try an update to the latest now and see how you get on. Failing that I would start asking questions over at the minio forums because as far as i can see in the docs, there are no changes that should prevent a successful upgrade.

Thanks,

Hi,

I deployed minio and mounted the array to /data into the container. Now i have the problem, that my array is not spinning down because minio does some r/w on /data/.minio.sys/* files. I tried to do a sub mount:

/ssd/pool:/data/.minio.sys

/array:/data

But now minio refuses to start:

ERROR Invalid command line arguments: Cross-device mounts detected on path (/data) at following locations [/data/.minio.sys]. Export path should not have any sub-mounts, refusing to start.

> Please check the FS endpoint
HINT:
FS mode requires only one writable disk path
Example 1:
$ minio server /data/minio/

Is there any option to make minio write maintanence io to ssd instead of array?