No signatures or notifications

wgstarks

33 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Thanks jonp. Looks like notifications just started working again.

Meh, they are half-functional.  We ran into a cap with our outgoing mail and so it's throttling the amount of delivery occurring right now.  A better fix is in progress that will fully resolve the issue.

10 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

The lack of a signature is strange. Could it be related to how the forum displays on a mobile browser? I can see the signatures fine from a desktop machine.

I notice this as well.  The same applies to editor toolbar when creating posts.  The smaller the window / display, the less controls you will see in the editor.

• 11 months later...
1 minute ago, Squid said:

No.  Pure real estate issue.  You can do the same thing on your desktop by making the Window smaller.   IMO not a bad feature as if you're looking at a teensy weensy window you really don't want / need all the excess baggage filling it up.

I'm only using a 5.5" screen.  Generally I can't see sigs etc.  But if I request the desktop site I can.

Just now, CHBMB said:

I'm only using a 5.5" screen.  Generally I can't see sigs etc.  But if I request the desktop site I can.

Whatever resolution your phone reports to the website is what's important.  Like I said, on your desktop, make the window narrower.  Eventually sigs will not display at all

18 minutes ago, Squid said:

Whatever resolution your phone reports to the website is what's important.  Like I said, on your desktop, make the window narrower.  Eventually sigs will not display at all

Gotcha, makes sense now, my phone is 2,560x1440

Edited by CHBMB
4 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Lot's of phones have a very high resolution. But to make the text big and easy to read, they still report a quite low resolution to the web server and to the javascript engine.

It doesn't help if my phone as QHD resolution if it reports itself as 846x412 when accessing a web server.

Try visiting http://www.whatismyscreenresolution.com/ and check what resolution your phones are announcing from the web browser.