New Application: S. N. A. P.

Hi Queeg,

Im trying to make a quick script of the above and I have the following:

mkdir /tmp/snap
cd /tmp/snap
wget -nv ??????
tar -xvf snap-*.tgz
/tmp/snap/snap-install.sh -i

Is there a way to grep/awk the latest download path? This a ridiculously simple script but it would be nice to make it future proof.

~dpc

Why not use the unmenu buttons I created?

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like the put those commands in a shell script that also includes several other packages and installers as part of my prerequisites to install. Essentially automate the install of some of my most commonly used applications/packages for my servers.

Any suggestions? At the moment I have it hardcoded to the latest build.

thanks,

dpc

I would like the put those commands in a shell script that also includes several other packages and installers as part of my prerequisites to install. Essentially automate the install of some of my most commonly used applications/packages for my servers.

Any suggestions? At the moment I have it hardcoded to the latest build.

thanks,

dpc

If you look into the unmenu buttons you will see some code that shows how I get the latest version.  That method will continue to be used.

wget -q -O $SNAPhtml http://code.google.com/p/unraid-snap/downloads/list 2>&1
cat $SNAPhtml |grep "http://unraid-snap.googlecode.com/files/snap-.*.tgz"|grep "snap-current-release"|grep -o '"http://unraid-snap.googlecode.com/files/snap-.*.tgz"' | sed s/\"//g | uniq>/tmp/snap.downloadlist

So Im going to mentally try to take this apart:

wget -q -O /tmp/snap.html http://code.google.com/p/unraid-snap/downloads/list 2>&1

Download file listing from google code and output it /tmp/snap.html --- Clear enough

cat /tmp/snap.html|grep "http://unraid-snap.googlecode.com/files/snap-.*.tgz"|grep "snap-current-release"|grep -o '"http://unraid-snap.googlecode.com/files/snap-.*.tgz"' | sed s/\"//g | uniq>/tmp/snap.downloadlist

Open /tmp/snap.html, filter out everything but "http://unraid-snap.googlecode.com/files/snap-.*.tgz", then filter more with only entries containing "snap-current-release", and then only show the part of the line that says "http://unraid-snap.googlecode.com/files/snap-.*.tgz".

Result:

http://unraid-snap.googlecode.com/files/snap-0.47-build28.tgz

now have to figure out how to redirect that into a wget....

~dpc

Here is the code that successfully works for me to dynamically download the latest version of S.N.A.P. from google code.

wget -q -O /tmp/snap.html http://code.google.com/p/unraid-snap/downloads/list 2>&1
snapurl=($(cat /tmp/snap.html |grep "http://unraid-snap.googlecode.com/files/snap-.*.tgz"|grep "snap-current-release"|grep -o '"http://unraid-snap.googlecode.com/files/snap-.*.tgz"'|sed s/\"//g))
wget -nv $snapurl

Here is the code that successfully works for me to dynamically download the latest version of S.N.A.P. from google code.

snapurl=($(cat /tmp/snap.html |grep "http://unraid-snap.googlecode.com/files/snap-.*.tgz"|grep "snap-current-release"|grep -o '"http://unraid-snap.googlecode.com/files/snap-.*.tgz"'|sed s/\"//g))
wget -nv $snapurl

Good job.  I've made changes to the buttons for the next version but that technique to identify the latest file is what I'm going to stick with.

Something that is not clear in the OP for 0.47 is the install procedure for non unMenu users. It might just be a wording thing.

No there isn't anything written up about that.  I can detail those procedures.  

How to install SNAP updates without unMenu.

Download the 0.47 version tar file from here.  Telnet to unRAID.  

cd /tmp

mkdir snap

Then copy the downloaded tar file to /tmp/snap directory.  

Then extract the files from that tarball.

cd /tmp/snap

tar -xvf snap-0.47-build23.tgz

Test the installation before actually running it.

/tmp/snap/snap-install.sh -t

That will return a single word:  install or update or reinstall  

For install or update you will run:

/tmp/snap/snap-install.sh -i

For reinstall you will run:

/tmp/snap/snap-install.sh -r

There are not any user prompts during the installation.  And that's it.

Requires /boot/packages exists. Users need "mkdir /boot/packages" on completely clean install

root@Tower:/boot/config# /tmp/snap/snap-install.sh -t

install

root@Tower:/boot/config# /tmp/snap/snap-install.sh -i

New version of SNAP: 0.47

----------

----------

Installing Snap...

----------

Copying /boot/config/snap/inotify-tools*.tgz to the /boot/packages/ directory...

cp: cannot create regular file `/boot/packages/': Is a directory

----------

'Adding /boot/config/snap/snap.sh -b' to /boot/config/go file...

Successful install!

Snap is installed and will run automatically when you boot this computer.

Now starting SNAP...

Added user nobody.

/boot/config/snap/snap.sh: All shares mounted.

root@Tower:/boot/config# n

• 4 weeks later...

Are there plans to add AFP support to SNAP anytime soon?  along with the time machine option?

That would be great if I could plug in a USB drive to send our time machine backups of multiple Macs to.

Thank you,

Mike

By AFP do you mean Apple Filing Protocol?  Isn't that a network protocol? 

I have seemingly installed SNAP on a 2 disk (no parity yet) 4.7 final system.

However I can't get it to function reliably.

It has worked on one or two occasions, but I don't know what I did differently to the other times when it would not work at all.

By 'not work', I mean that I couldn't see my USB-connected NTFS drive as part of SNAP.

I have successfuly mounted the drive via the command line and been able to view it in MC, so the drive should be ok.

Is there any way I can capture the command line history so that someone might have a look at what I am doing (wrong)?

Thanks in anticipation

I have seemingly installed SNAP on a 2 disk (no parity yet) 4.7 final system.

However I can't get it to function reliably.

It has worked on one or two occasions, but I don't know what I did differently to the other times when it would not work at all.

By 'not work', I mean that I couldn't see my USB-connected NTFS drive as part of SNAP.

I have successfuly mounted the drive via the command line and been able to view it in MC, so the drive should be ok.

Is there any way I can capture the command line history so that someone might have a look at what I am doing (wrong)?

Thanks in anticipation

In Windows telnet window you should be able to right-click and select all and then press enter key.  The contents are now in the clipboard and you can paste into notepad.

Telnet in and run

/boot/config/snap/snap.sh -listDevInfo

Also run

cat /boot/config/snap/snap.list

Post the output.

In Windows telnet window you should be able to right-click and select all and then press enter key.  The contents are now in the clipboard and you can paste into notepad.

Telnet in and run

Also run

Post the output.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have been busy with other things, but finally I think I have done what you suggested.

I am attaching a syslog, the two commands you suggested, run before attaching the usb drive (elements) and again after attaching it, and also a Windws screen dump showing that although I can see my flash drive and the two disks in the array, I can't see my SNAP attached drive.

Thanks.

syslog-2011-06-06.txt

unRAIDSNAP.txt

MapNetworkDrive.jpg.60c08aa567bfecd7a1c2e353e54469d3.jpg

In Windows telnet window you should be able to right-click and select all and then press enter key.  The contents are now in the clipboard and you can paste into notepad.

Telnet in and run

Also run

Post the output.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have been busy with other things, but finally I think I have done what you suggested.

I am attaching a syslog, the two commands you suggested, run before attaching the usb drive (elements) and again after attaching it, and also a Windws screen dump showing that although I can see my flash drive and the two disks in the array, I can't see my SNAP attached drive.

Thanks.

root@ukutlxd01:~# /boot/config/snap/snap.sh -listDevInfo

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No  3522  /dev/sda  ata-Hitachi_HDS5C3020ALA632_ML0220F311TBND

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No  3584  /dev/sdb  ata-WDC_WD20EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WCAZA3244757

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No  3522  /dev/sda  scsi-SATA_Hitachi_HDS5C30_ML0220F311TBND

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No  3584  /dev/sdb  scsi-SATA_WDC_WD20EARS-00_WD-WCAZA3244757

unRAID=No  SNAP=No  3678  /dev/sdc  usb-SanDisk_U3_Cruzer_Micro_43184218C210FC6A-0:0

unRAID=No  SNAP=No  13279 /dev/sdd  usb-WD_10EADS_External_57442D574341563531333234383032-0:0

The contents of your snap.list file is:

57442D57434156353133234383032=

57442D57434156353133234383032-0:0=

57442D574341563531333234383032=elements

So what has happened is you have tried to add the drive to SNAP 3 times.  Two of those times the identifying serial number was incorrect.  I highlighted them in green.  The correct one unfortunately doesn't have the share name so it's not working. 

You can either edit the snap.list file and fix it or delete the file and add the drive to SNAP once more like this:

snap.sh -a 57442D57434156353133234383032-0:0 elements

After that the snap.list file should have one entry looking like this:

57442D57434156353133234383032-0:0=elements

• 3 weeks later...

I have UnRaid 5.0b6a and I'm trying to install SNAP.  So far i have put the two files in the flash drive, in the correct director but when i click on the SNAP update button nothing happens and dont see any buttons to install. 

Also I am new to UnRaid so i dont really know what you need from me to see what the problem is.

Thanks for the help

I have UnRaid 5.0b6a and I'm trying to install SNAP.  So far i have put the two files in the flash drive, in the correct director but when i click on the SNAP update button nothing happens and dont see any buttons to install.  

Also I am new to UnRaid so i dont really know what you need from me to see what the problem is.

Thanks for the help

unRAID 5 is a moving target.  Maybe unMenu changed, you may have to install unRAID SNAP manually.  The two files are the install buttons I'm assuming.  I've got to get a shipment out but I'll take a look later if I get a chance.

• 3 weeks later...

I have UnRaid 5.0b6a and I'm trying to install SNAP.  So far i have put the two files in the flash drive, in the correct director but when i click on the SNAP update button nothing happens and dont see any buttons to install. 

Thanks for the help

unRAID 5 is a moving target.  Maybe unMenu changed, you may have to install unRAID manually.  The two files are the install buttons I'm assuming.  I've got to get a shipment out but I'll take a look later if I get a chance.

I came to post that I'm having the same issue but I'm on 4.7. My unmenu didn't seem to be the newest version so I just now updated it and restarted it and I'm still seeing the same issue. I click the check for update button, the page refreshes, but nothing ever changes. There is nothing at the bottom of the page as expected. I have no problem installing it manually but I'm free for testing if you need.

Nothing is output to the syslog when I click the check for update button but if you want one anyways then let me know.

Thanks for the help

unRAID 5 is a moving target.  Maybe unMenu changed, you may have to install unRAID manually.  The two files are the install buttons I'm assuming.  I've got to get a shipment out but I'll take a look later if I get a chance.

I came to post that I'm having the same issue but I'm on 4.7. My unmenu didn't seem to be the newest version so I just now updated it and restarted it and I'm still seeing the same issue. I click the check for update button, the page refreshes, but nothing ever changes. There is nothing at the bottom of the page as expected. I have no problem installing it manually but I'm free for testing if you need.

Nothing is output to the syslog when I click the check for update button but if you want one anyways then let me know.

I too have the same issue with 4.7

Thanks for the help

Same problem here... running 5.0beta9

Hey, I want to use this to mount a non-array applications drive. Is this alright:

1) Preclear 320GB drive (application drive)

2) Use snap to mount drive

3) Install SAB/SB/CP

4) Point mover options for SB/CP to media share

Thanks.

It sounds like your going to install the apps on the unRAID box - correct?  Apps running on unRAID can get to the SNAPed share like this:  /mnt/disk/sharename  where the sharename is whatever you have used for the SNAPed drive share.

Thanks for the help

Same problem here... running 5.0beta9

4.7 here... same. I have the Check for SNAP updates. get waiting for Tower... then nothing.

I installed the latest snap .47 bld28 on my Unraid 4.7 - All went fine

I plugged in my usb drive assigned and named it - and can see and access it from  a Windows computer.

The problem is I don't have full permission levels on the new share drive.

I can copy from the usb SNAP share but cannot copy to it.

Also I cannot delete files from the SNAP share

I  just installed NTFS-3G......... all working fine !! copy to and delete ok

I just did a reboot and watched it all install and it looked fine, however when i go to the Snap share drive I can no longer

copy to or delete - looks like i lost permission again

I decided to shutdown Unraid and unplug my usb snap drive

Once Unraid  booted up, I plugged in the USB snap drive - Now all is working fine - read write delete

Thanks for

Another  great Addon for Unraid!!

Joe

I installed the latest snap .47 bld28 on my Unraid 4.7 - All went fine

I plugged in my usb drive assigned and named it - and can see and access it from  a Windows computer.

The problem is I don't have full permission levels on the new share drive.

I can copy from the usb SNAP share but cannot copy to it.

Also I cannot delete files from the SNAP share

I  just installed NTFS-3G......... all working fine !! copy to and delete ok

I just did a reboot and watched it all install and it looked fine, however when i go to the Snap share drive I can no longer

copy to or delete - looks like i lost permission again

I decided to shutdown Unraid and unplug my usb snap drive

Once Unraid  booted up, I plugged in the USB snap drive - Now all is working fine - read write delete

Thanks for

Another  great Addon for Unraid!!

Joe

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. 

The reason it didn't work until after rebooting is that SNAP still had the drive mounted using the read/only version of ntfs.  If you had unplugged the usb drive and then plugged it back in SNAP would have also have then mounted it using the read/write version of ntfs.  Rebooting brought about the same result though.  :)