[Support] Clowrym's Docker Repository


clowrym

471 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have published a few docker containers that I have been using & added for Unraid.   Repo Address https://github.com/clowrym/docker-templates   Available Dockers:  

I do this as well, but I use the script below to add the additional networks i am connecting with, I believe now you can just add the additional networks (comma separated values) in the LOCAL_NETWORK

OK the fix is to add --dhcp-option DNS 8.8.8.8 to OpenVPN_OPTIONS: I think this is only a issue if you local network is on 10.0.0.0/24 and you are using PIA as they now use 10.0.0.242  

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
On 3/24/2021 at 8:53 PM, gacpac said:

Question

 

What speeds you get from the docker container using PIA over switzerland? 

I don't seem to get more than 80mbps I currently have 200mbps

I haven't really paid much attention.... Generally though, I find its really dependent on the tracker im connected to. The private ones im on have always seemed very fast! I've got a 1g connection....

 

Just doing a test i'm running 200+ mbps 

 

Update..... watching it, its now jumped to 500~600

Edited by clowrym
updated speeds
Link to post

Hi all, I am receiving the error:


 

WARNING: initial DNS resolution test failed

curl: (6) Could not resolve host: www.privateinternetaccess.com

 

per others suggestions here and from on this thread I have tried:

  • -dhcp-option DNS 8.8.8.8 to OpenVPN_OPTIONS
  • --dns 8.8.8.8 --dns 8.8.4.4 to the container's Extra Parameters
  • mapping /etc/resolv.conf and populating the file with either:
    • OVERRIDE_DNS_1=8.8.8.8
      OVERRIDE_DNS_2=8.8.4.4
    • nameserver 8.8.8.8
      nameserver 8.8.4.4

None seem to correct the issue.  Any other troubleshooting steps I can take?

Link to post
37 minutes ago, DeadDjembe said:

Hi all, I am receiving the error:


 


WARNING: initial DNS resolution test failed

curl: (6) Could not resolve host: www.privateinternetaccess.com

 

per others suggestions here and from on this thread I have tried:

  • -dhcp-option DNS 8.8.8.8 to OpenVPN_OPTIONS
  • --dns 8.8.8.8 --dns 8.8.4.4 to the container's Extra Parameters
  • mapping /etc/resolv.conf and populating the file with either:
    • 
      OVERRIDE_DNS_1=8.8.8.8
      OVERRIDE_DNS_2=8.8.4.4
    • 
      nameserver 8.8.8.8
      nameserver 8.8.4.4

None seem to correct the issue.  Any other troubleshooting steps I can take?

Can you post the docker run command, remove your username/passwords

Link to post
33 minutes ago, clowrym said:

Can you post the docker run command, remove your username/passwords

Thanks for your help:

 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Transmission_VPN_New' --net='none' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'OPENVPN_USERNAME'='XXXXXXX' -e 'OPENVPN_PASSWORD'='XXXXXXX' -e 'OPENVPN_CONFIG'='netherlands' -e 'OPENVPN_PROVIDER'='PIA' -e 'LOCAL_NETWORK'='192.168.0.0/24' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_USERNAME'='XXXXXX' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_PASSWORD'='XXXXXXX' -e 'OPENVPN_OPTS'='--dhcp-option DNS 8.8.8.8 --inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60 --mute-replay-warnings' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_DIR'='/downloads/complete' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RPC_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED'='false' -e 'TRANSMISSION_RATIO_LIMIT_ENABLED'='false' -e 'TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_QUEUE_SIZE'='15' -e 'TRANSMISSION_CACHE_SIZE_MB'='10' -e 'TRANSMISSION_INCOMPLETE_DIR'='/downloads/incomplete' -e 'TRANSMISSION_WEB_UI'='transmission-web-control' -e 'GLOBAL_APPLY_PERMISSIONS'='false' -e 'WEBPROXY_ENABLED'='false' -e 'PIA_OPENVPN_CONFIG_BUNDLE'='openvpn-tcp' -v '/mnt/cache/.appdata/transmission_New':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/downloads/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/downloads/blackhole/':'/watch':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/downloads/':'/mnt/user/T_Media/Torrent/':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/media/audio books/':'/audiobooks':'rw' -e 'pipework_cmd=br0 @CONTAINER_NAME@ 192.168.1.38/24@192.168.1.1 XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX' --restart unless-stopped 'haugene/transmission-openvpn:dev'
2399ca71261076d9c52c7152a2933764de60e2b363022c21e1fe5e0b105e595d

 

Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DeadDjembe said:

DNS 8.8.8.8

I believe this should be --dns 8.8.8.8 ..... If that doesn't help, try moving off the :dev branch 

Edited by clowrym
Changed DNS to dns
Link to post
On 3/31/2021 at 1:33 PM, clowrym said:

I haven't really paid much attention.... Generally though, I find its really dependent on the tracker im connected to. The private ones im on have always seemed very fast! I've got a 1g connection....

 

Just doing a test i'm running 200+ mbps 

 

Update..... watching it, its now jumped to 500~600

oh man you good!

 

Maybe that's the kicker because i'm using public free trackers. I wish someone sends me an invite for those private ones. 

Link to post
15 hours ago, clowrym said:

I believe this should be --dns 8.8.8.8 ..... If that doesn't help, try moving off the :dev branch 

changing the dns to lowercase did not seem to help, but moving off the :dev branch did the trick.  I'm up and running again!  thanks for your help! 

Link to post
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, DeadDjembe said:

changing the dns to lowercase did not seem to help, but moving off the :dev branch did the trick.  I'm up and running again!  thanks for your help! 

did you also add the "--" to --dns ? is was missing in your run command....at least compared to mine.

image.png.7df4c23c3ccb0f295c7672dba86f0169.png

Edited by clowrym
Link to post
On 4/2/2021 at 10:29 AM, clowrym said:

did you also add the "--" to --dns ? is was missing in your run command....at least compared to mine.

image.png.7df4c23c3ccb0f295c7672dba86f0169.png

 

currently it does not include the "--".  It's working so I'm not going to change it now, but will keep in mind if something breaks again.  My config currently states:

 

OpenVPN_OPTIONS:

Quote

--dhcp-option dns 8.8.8.8 --inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60 --mute-replay-warnings

 

Link to post
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DeadDjembe said:

 

currently it does not include the "--".  It's working so I'm not going to change it now, but will keep in mind if something breaks again.  My config currently states:

 

OpenVPN_OPTIONS:

 

i believe you require --dns ....but i could be wrong i guess!!

 

image.png.2dcb47ce627965e592f1d62c72c90143.png

Edited by clowrym
added Frequently asked questions screenshot
Link to post

I have two issues with this unraid docker package:

 

1) The dropdown list for VPN providers doesn't contain the CUSTOM field, that is needed for example for AirVPN, because they use custom ovpn configs that you generate. This would not be a problem if not for issue #2

 

2) Everytime there is an update of this docker, some fields get reset and then the docker stop working. First some fields that I removed, like the /mnt/data/T_Media keep coming back, recreating over and over the share T_Media, which is annoying.

 

More problematic is that the provider resets everytime to the first choice of the dropdown and I have everytime to remove it and manually add it back as CUSTOM, then removed the unneeded fields. Until I do that, the torrenting doesn't work because the VPN can't connect.

 

In summary, it would be nice that the values don't reset like that and that the CUSTOM choice was available for VPN provider.

 

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/11/2021 at 3:38 AM, Marco L. said:

I have two issues with this unraid docker package:

 

1) The dropdown list for VPN providers doesn't contain the CUSTOM field, that is needed for example for AirVPN, because they use custom ovpn configs that you generate. This would not be a problem if not for issue #2

 

2) Everytime there is an update of this docker, some fields get reset and then the docker stop working. First some fields that I removed, like the /mnt/data/T_Media keep coming back, recreating over and over the share T_Media, which is annoying.

 

More problematic is that the provider resets everytime to the first choice of the dropdown and I have everytime to remove it and manually add it back as CUSTOM, then removed the unneeded fields. Until I do that, the torrenting doesn't work because the VPN can't connect.

 

In summary, it would be nice that the values don't reset like that and that the CUSTOM choice was available for VPN provider.

 

 

1) You can edit and modify the VPN providers list all you want. The template is set up with PIA servers per the OP

2) I'm not sure why it resets all the fields, I dont have that issue, as its my template and the changes I make are typically for my own use.... I will have to look into that. I  created the template, but am by no means an expert at it!!

3) Read this post, remove the template URL and that should stop the issue HERE

 

Edited by clowrym
added link
Link to post
16 minutes ago, clowrym said:

1) You can edit and modify the VPN providers list all you want. The template is set up with PIA servers per the OP

Still, would be nice if CUSTOM was one option offered by default, to anyone using this. 

16 minutes ago, clowrym said:

3) Read this post, remove the template URL and that should stop the issue HERE

Thanks for the link

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Marco L. said:

Still, would be nice if CUSTOM was one option offered by default, to anyone using this. 

Thanks for the link

Added CUSTOM option to OPENVPN_PROVIDER for you.

Link to post
10 minutes ago, clowrym said:

Added CUSTOM option to OPENVPN_PROVIDER for you.

Thanks !

 

If anyone has any idea why this particular docker template would need the TemplateURL parameter to be manually removed, any feedback is welcome. I remember not having to do that with the activ-transmissionvpn one, which is fairly similar to this one, except for the missing extra GUI options (kettu, ...)

Link to post
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Marco L. said:

Thanks !

 

If anyone has any idea why this particular docker template would need the TemplateURL parameter to be manually removed, any feedback is welcome. I remember not having to do that with the activ-transmissionvpn one, which is fairly similar to this one, except for the missing extra GUI options (kettu, ...)

THIS post explains the current functionality of the Docker templates / OS design.

 

HERE as well

Edited by clowrym
added additional link
Link to post
16 minutes ago, clowrym said:

THIS post explains the current functionality of the Docker templates / OS design

Yep, sorry I read it quickly and saw:

Quote

 It assumes that any ports that aren't defined in your template are new to the update and adds them in.

so I thought it was only an issue for ports.

 

So basically I guess that the other templates don't add fields for values that could be widely different depending on the user preferences, like shares & Cie. You said you were mainly using this for yourself, so I guess we would need another template with just the bare minimum filled and the rest to be filled by the user, as other "mainstream" templates do. You loose a bit of time the first time, but save some after that.

 

TIL something.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.