[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 minute ago, LeafyGreensMcGee said:

Yep, it was already forwarded for the other allocation :(

I'll probably try removing the port forwarding and server container alike again and setting it all back up from scratch

Sometimes my router gets janky. try removing the ports & redoing then.

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 6:21 PM, Lethi said:

Thx for the fast reply, it's working now

This now happened again, is there a way to stop checking for new versions and just use what Bepinex is in the folder?, it looks like the latest tag of Bepinex uses (and includes .1) and you have .0 now coded like the previous versions had

image.png.4f2fd940f358eaf3531dbb246ce37a5d.png

Edited by Lethi
9 hours ago, Lethi said:

This now happened again, is there a way to stop checking for new versions and just use what Bepinex is in the folder?, it looks like the latest tag of Bepinex uses (and includes .1) and you have .0 now coded like the previous versions had

Thank you for the report.

I can't do much when they change the naming scheme from the releases.

I've completely overhauled the process of checking for BepInEx (please keep in mind that I in general don't support modding containers which BepInEx is and I did this on a user request).

Please update the container, this should be fixed by now.

9 hours ago, LeafyGreensMcGee said:

I'll probably try removing the port forwarding and server container alike again and setting it all back up from scratch

Sorry but if that doesn't work the issue must be somewhere else.

Do you have other game servers running on your server and are reachable from outside?

Some ISPs going that far and blocking certain ports or even UDP traffic.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Thank you for the report.

I can't do much when they change the naming scheme from the releases.

I've completely overhauled the process of checking for BepInEx (please keep in mind that I in general don't support modding containers which BepInEx is and I did this on a user request).

Please update the container, this should be fixed by now.

the download works now and it can handle a already downloaded version.

However I have to include a version on the folder name to make it recognize it, so instead of "BePiNex" I have to use something like "BepInEx-v5.4.18" and I think that makes some follow up code fail since the mods don't load (the server as such does), I believe if you download the .zip using your code it extracts it and the folder in there is always BePiNex without a version.

So maybe it's sufficient to do a folder check on Bepinex instead of Bepinex-*?

22 minutes ago, Lethi said:

So maybe it's sufficient to do a folder check on Bepinex instead of Bepinex-*?

The problem was completely different, please update the container once more and please don't rename or delete any folders or files, you will most certainly mess up the check.

Please remove all files/folders that you made and update the container, after that it should work fine.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DallasP said:

got it wokring by following what was said

?

but i cant get the launch options of -SandboxIniPath= set correctly

Can you describe what you are struggeling with, what you are want to do, where you created which files and what variables did you change in the template?

Just now, DallasP said:

wine: Could not load kernel32.dll status c0000135

Sorry but posting a message without context doesn‘t help anything.

You have to give a bit more information so that anyone is able to help.

Please also answer the questions from my previous post.

i figured out what happened when I was getting the path to the file i needed i accidentally made the whole docker path duplicated so it was going nuts.

So i assume the container is working?

Yes, the path is relative not absolute.

yeah now its working and i got the config part working too -SandboxIniPath=Config/WindowsServer/Server1Sandbox.ini is what you need of course the Server1Sandbox.ini can be named anything just gotta make sure the file is created beforehand

• Like 1
On 5/11/2024 at 1:28 AM, ich777 said:

Sorry but if that doesn't work the issue must be somewhere else.

Do you have other game servers running on your server and are reachable from outside?

Some ISPs going that far and blocking certain ports or even UDP traffic.

It didn't work, unfortunately. I do - I've set up and used Palworld, V Rising, Enshrouded, Minecraft, Satisfactory and several other servers on the same machine, also in Docker containers, all set up the same way, and all reachable externally with the ports forwarded - it's why this is so perplexing!

Hey ich777, thanks for the amazing work you do on setting up these server dockers. One question on the V Rising, is there a way to force it to update to latest version? I'm getting a version mismatch on docker but running windows server connects. I checked the repo and said it was last updated 7 months ago, is that just last time an edit was made or the server files age? Thanks!

44 minutes ago, FunkeyMonkey said:

Hey ich777, thanks for the amazing work you do on setting up these server dockers. One question on the V Rising, is there a way to force it to update to latest version? I'm getting a version mismatch on docker but running windows server connects. I checked the repo and said it was last updated 7 months ago, is that just last time an edit was made or the server files age? Thanks!

All ich's game servers update by restarting the container.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, FunkeyMonkey said:

One question on the V Rising, is there a way to force it to update to latest version?

Set this value to true:

grafik.png.f5194834860a25a0a6c8fbf9af115877.png

(please don't forget to unset it after the files where validated because this variable force a validation of the game files each time the container starts)

48 minutes ago, FunkeyMonkey said:

I checked the repo and said it was last updated 7 months ago

Most of my containers work differently and they are self maintaining, so to speak the containers itself barely need updates at all because they check on container start up for a new version.

However if nothing of the above did work please stop the container, delete everything in the directory for vrising except for the folder "save-data" (this is where your configuration and save files are located) and start the container afterwards.

If you are still having issues with a version mismatch then please also check on your client (so to speak your PC) if you use a different branch than the default one and the game files up to date.

How difficult would it be to have a knockout city private server docker up and running? When they shut down the game they took the time to allow people to host servers to keep playing and would love to get it working on unraid! Would it be possible to have this under your belt also ich777? 

image_2024-05-13_194812554.png

4 hours ago, MrET said:

How difficult would it be to have a knockout city private server docker up and running?

Sorry but I don‘t accept any requests anymore with about 180 applications in the CA App.

Valheim server in reboot loop.  Dropping this error:

/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 272:    88 Segmentation fault      ${SERVER_DIR}/valheim_server.x86_64 -name "${SRV_NAME}" -port ${GAME_PORT} -world "${WORLD_NAME}" -password "${SRV_PWD}" -public ${PUBLIC} ${GAME_PARAMS} > /dev/null
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 272:    77 Segmentation fault      ${SERVER_DIR}/valheim_server.x86_64 -name "${SRV_NAME}" -port ${GAME_PORT} -world "${WORLD_NAME}" -password "${SRV_PWD}" -public ${PUBLIC} ${GAME_PARAMS} > /dev/null

Session terminated, killing shell...kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec ... or kill -l [sigspec]
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 0.18 (4194304 / 2346408748)
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 32.69 (767146885 / 2346408748)
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 73.38 (1721706037 / 2346408748)

Is this due to the Mistlands update that dropped today?

I set up a Valheim server on unraid and it's working fine, but how can I view the Valheim server logs? I'm just using the default settings for everything, no BepinEX or Valheim+ installed

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, dabbo said:

I set up a Valheim server on unraid and it's working fine, but how can I view the Valheim server logs? I'm just using the default settings for everything, no BepinEX or Valheim+ installed

Go to the Docker tab, click on Valheim and choose LOGS.

image.png.1354db00251cd5be65fe19643674c06a.png

I am running mine with Vplus, no BepinEX and as a public server, password protected.  I am running several other servers on this machine and a second Unraid with no issues.

Edited by TheExplorographer
added text
34 minutes ago, TheExplorographer said:

Go to the Docker tab, click on Valheim and choose LOGS.

image.png.1354db00251cd5be65fe19643674c06a.png

I am running mine with Vplus, no BepinEX and as a public server, password protected.  I am running several other servers on this machine and a second Unraid with no issues.

sorry I meant the actual Valheim server logs, the Docker container logs just show that the server started and then nothing else. I mean the logs the game generates like when people join or chat on the server, and other stuff like that. The docker container logs just show this then stop.

Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
UpdateUI: skip show logoSteam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1715636761
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '896660' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Update check deprecated!---
---Start Server---