[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

2 hours ago, GOODWINML said:

I have 3 spare dell r210 servers, 2 HP gl360 and 1 dell 2650 I believe.  1 R210 is running Halo PC Dedicated server. I have about 5 different games servers inside that dedicated. I have win 10 running. Would like to run a Dedicated server inside of UnRaid if possible and get rid of windows. I believe there is a linux version of a halo PC dedicated. I would like to figure of what to do with them. webserver, torrent server, ???

I will look into this ASAP, have not much spare time at the moment, give me a little bit on this.

Is Halo PC or Halo CE what you want?

On 5/22/2020 at 5:04 AM, ich777 said:

Yes, this is running the alwayson mod but I think not to do it that way because from what I've read a update of the game could easily break the mod.

Stardew Valley has just had its largest update in a while and this method seems to have been updated very quickly to be compatible. Are you still unwilling to add support for this method? I would really love to host this game for my friend group. There was one outdated line of code that I noticed when looking though the Stardew Multiplayer Docker repository so I forked it to correct the error and sent a pull request to the main repository. Until the developer accepts that pull request, my corrected fork can be found here: https://github.com/Ecsport108/stardew-multiplayer-docker I tried to get this to work with Unraid but I'll be honest, I have absolutely no idea what I am doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1
On 12/17/2020 at 2:16 AM, GyroDragona said:

Would you be willing to make a docker setup for unraid for crewlink?

https://github.com/ottomated/CrewLink-server

It is a proximity chat server for Among Us.

I've now looked into this, just go to the CA App and do the following:

1. Type in 'crewlink-server' in the search box
  2. Click on 'Click Here To Get More Results From DockerHub'
  3. Download the first entry from 'ottomated'
  4. Click on 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device'
  5. Change the config type to 'Port'
  6. Enter at containerport and hostport '9736'
  7. Click on Apply

The server starts and should be reachable on port 9739, since I don't own Amaong us or how to test this I really can't help further (here also is the link to the DockerHub repo)

@GyroDragona, hint, hint

since I don't own Amaong us or how to test this

development is much easier if the dev can actually use the software in question. Maybe pass the hat among your game group and see if you can get ich777 set up with a license or whatever he needs to use this?

BTW, I don't know ich777, apart from seeing the work he does here. My opinions are my own, and it's my opinion that it's hard to code for something you can't personally test.

• Like 1

Hello,

I have installed a Factorio server and made all the necessary settings. The server also gets an IP and is displayed in the server list. I can also join via the Private IP of the server but friends cannot join via the Public IP. I have checked the firewall and also set up port forwarding. It also looks like the correct port is being used. Does anyone have any advice on what the problem might be? Attached is also an output from the log:

0.005 Running in headless mode
0.007 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
0.053 Loading mod base 1.0.0 (data.lua)
0.300 Loading mod base 1.0.0 (data-updates.lua)
0.419 Checksum for core: 2630831588
0.419 Checksum of base: 3509992273
0.576 Prototype list checksum: 3301461508
0.615 Info PlayerData.cpp:68: Local player-data.json available, timestamp 1609858476
0.615 Info PlayerData.cpp:75: Cloud player-data.json unavailable
0.616 Factorio initialised
0.617 Info ServerSynchronizer.cpp:28: nextHeartbeatSequenceNumber(0) initialized Synchronizer nextTickClosureTick(0).
0.617 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:769: updateTick(4294967295) changing state from(Ready) to(PreparedToHostGame)
0.617 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:769: updateTick(4294967295) changing state from(PreparedToHostGame) to(CreatingGame)
0.617 Loading map /factorio/saves/_autosave1.zip: 2355790 bytes.
0.627 Loading level.dat: 5126960 bytes.
0.633 Info Scenario.cpp:187: Map version 1.0.0-0
0.725 Loading script.dat: 427 bytes.
0.727 Checksum for script /factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua: 3931528263
0.728 Info UDPSocket.cpp:27: Opening socket at (IP ADDR:({0.0.0.0:34197}))
0.728 Hosting game at IP ADDR:({0.0.0.0:34197})
0.728 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:54: Downloading https://auth.factorio.com/generate-server-padlock-2?api_version=4
1.196 Info AuthServerConnector.cpp:66: Obtained serverPadlock for serverHash (W70KS7MWXwUF3gDrUR3hEQepgz7Mh0uR) from the auth server.
1.196 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:769: updateTick(172047) changing state from(CreatingGame) to(InGame)
1.284 Info ServerRouter.cpp:642: Asking pingpong servers (pingpong1.factorio.com:34197, pingpong2.factorio.com:34197, pingpong3.factorio.com:34197, pingpong4.factorio.com:34197) for own address
1.285 Info UDPSocket.cpp:39: Opening socket for broadcast
1.285 Error InterruptibleStdioStream.cpp:61: Got EOF on stdin; closing

1.285 Info RemoteCommandProcessor.cpp:131: Starting RCON interface at IP ADDR:({0.0.0.0:27015})
1.285 Info CommandLineMultiplayer.cpp:277: Maximum segment size = 100; minimum segment size = 25; maximum-segment-size peer count = 10; minimum-segment-size peer count = 20
1.386 Info ServerRouter.cpp:525: Own address is IP ADDR:({xxx.xxx.xxx.82:34197}) (confirmed by pingpong1)
1.403 Info ServerRouter.cpp:525: Own address is IP ADDR:({xxx.xxx.xxx.82:34197}) (confirmed by pingpong3)
1.487 Info ServerRouter.cpp:525: Own address is IP ADDR:({xxx.xxx.xxx.82:34197}) (confirmed by pingpong4)
1.862 Info MatchingServer.cpp:114: Matching server game `8894778` has been created.
1.872 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:701: Matching server connection resumed

1 hour ago, Blackbird2k said:

Hello,

I have installed a Factorio server and made all the necessary settings. The server also gets an IP and is displayed in the server list. I can also join via the Private IP of the server but friends cannot join via the Public IP. I have checked the firewall and also set up port forwarding. It also looks like the correct port is being used. Does anyone have any advice on what the problem might be? Attached is also an output from the log:

I think because the server is set to LAN only, have you entered your Factorio Account to the dedicated server and also have your friends a Factorio Account that is linked in the game otherwise online play isn't available.

This is a bit of the 'server-settings.json' file (in this case you have to set the visibility and also your credentials):

"visibility":
  {
    "public": false,
    "lan": true
  },

"_comment_credentials": "Your factorio.com login credentials. Required for games with visibility public",
  "username": "",
  "password": "",

"_comment_token": "Authentication token. May be used instead of 'password' above.",
  "token": "",

13 hours ago, ich777 said:

I think because the server is set to LAN only, have you entered your Factorio Account to the dedicated server and also have your friends a Factorio Account that is linked in the game otherwise online play isn't available.

This is a bit of the 'server-settings.json' file (in this case you have to set the visibility and also your credentials):

I have made all this settings. I have set Public and Lan to True. So that I can join via the LAN IP. I thought maybe the problem is just me because my PC can't join on its own public IP.

But I also tried to activate only Public. I entered the user name and password and tried it. Then I deleted the password, created a token enter this in the setting file and tried it again. But the result is the same. The server is visible but you cannot join. Neither me nor my friends.

2 hours ago, Blackbird2k said:

So that I can join via the LAN IP.

Is it working on the LAN?

You can always select Connect to IP and enter your servers internal IP address (and eventually the port).

One thing to note, it should also work if you forwarded the ports correctly in your router/firewall so that it is reachable from outside and one of you friends enters your PUBLICIP:PORT at the Connect to IP section of the Game.

The public option only displays it on the Public Server list ingame.

Are you sure you forwarded all the necessary ports with the right protocoll?

Eventually your ISP is blocking the ports, even if you forward them correctly, some ISP block specific ports or even all ports to "protect" their customers...

I can join the server via the private IP. My friends cannot, even if I am on the server.

I don't know if you are familiar with UniFi, but I have entered port forwarding to the IP of my Docker in the firewall rules. I can't say at the moment if I need to add anything else. I have 1-2 other games where I did this, this way and it always worked. I will check again this evening to see if I need to make an entry somewhere else.

My friends cannot, even if I am on the server.

Are you sure that you selected the right protocol? You have to forward the port UDP not TCP.

I don't know if you are familiar with UniFi, but I have entered port forwarding to the IP of my Docker in the firewall rules.

No I'm not very familar with UniFi but I think this should not be different than any other Router/Firewall, just be sure to forward the IP:PORT (UDP) form your server to your external IP:PORT (UDP) and you should be good to go.

Tested it now on my server and I can connect to it from "outside" without a problem.

Hi @ich777,

Thanks for creating and maintaining this docker. I'm having some difficulties using minecraft with forge, and so I was wondering if you knew as to why it's not working? My vanilla minecraft works fine, no problems. It appears that it keeps getting stuck on some recursive task? I do not notice any spikes in CPU usages, which usually happens when loading in the world / server.

Docker Command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='MinecraftBasicServer' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'JAR_NAME'='forge-1.16.4-35.1.4-universal' -e 'GAME_PARAMS'='-XX:PermSize=512m' -e 'XMS_SIZE'='4096' -e 'XMX_SIZE'='8192' -e 'ACCEPT_EULA'='true' -e 'RUNTIME_NAME'='basicjre' -e 'UID'='99' -e 'GID'='100' -p '25565:25565/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/minecraft':'/serverdata/serverfiles':'rw' --restart=unless-stopped 'ich777/minecraftbasicserver'

Docker Settings View:

image.thumb.png.b36ae57634c6661f73d6be65c20f1053.png

Folder Layout:

image.thumb.png.5ab6792d8a840b053acf732ada6a3c2f.png

Logs: https://pastebin.com/raw/3VZgnbus

Forge Download Link: 1.16.4 - 35.1.4 - http://files.minecraftforge.net/

1 hour ago, Choohoo said:

Hi @ich777,

Thanks for creating and maintaining this docker. I'm having some difficulties using minecraft with forge, and so I was wondering if you knew as to why it's not working?

'-XX:PermSize=512m'

Can you try to remove this parameter from the Game Parameters?

Isn't this a Java command, if so please add a new variable with the Key: 'EXTRA_JVM_PARAMS' and your '-XX:PermSize=512' as Value.

5 hours ago, JamJar said:

Guys is there a way to passthrough a gpu for rendering the game The Forest on for the dedicated server at all?

Thanks

I don't think that this is possible since most dedicated servers are even doesn't require a dedicated GPU and are not designed to use a GPU at all.

I don't think that TheForest Dedicated Server is capable of utilizing a GPU.

17 hours ago, ich777 said:

Isn't this a Java command, if so please add a new variable with the Key: 'EXTRA_JVM_PARAMS' and your '-XX:PermSize=512' as Value.

Thanks for the reply, I based that off a screenshot you had in this thread when helping someone else. I changed it to Extra_JVM_PARAMs and i'm getting the exact same error.

https://pastebin.com/raw/0a9qSAtB

image.thumb.png.636e08486a386671d82ab6bc062f818f.png

Thanks,

12 minutes ago, Choohoo said:

Thanks for the reply, I based that off a screenshot you had in this thread when helping someone else. I changed it to Extra_JVM_PARAMs and i'm getting the exact same error.

https://pastebin.com/raw/0a9qSAtB

Thanks,

Is this a complete new installation or have you already mods installed?

I can't reproduce the error with the exact same binary file that you've provided...

The server just starts fine.

17 hours ago, ich777 said:

fresh installation, no mods as shown on my folder screenshot..

you're using the exact same jar file i linked you as well?

2 minutes ago, Choohoo said:

fresh installation, no mods as shown on my folder screenshot..

you're using the exact same jar file i linked you as well?

Yes, exactly the same jar file v1.16.4

I personally don't use forge anymore since it gaves me a lot of headache in the past.

Got a server running for about 4 days then it crashed and I never got it to recover again and so the installation was usesless I then switched over to Spigot and never got a problem since then, I know this is some different kind of server and the mod system is very different but on the upside the clients can connect with the vanilla installation of Minecraft and don't have to have the same mods on their machines as the server does.

I recommend to start over again (also delete everything in the minecraftbasicserver folder that is located in your appdata folder), delete the template and then redownload it from the CA App.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Yes, exactly the same jar file v1.16.4

I personally don't use forge anymore since it gaves me a lot of headache in the past.

Got a server running for about 4 days then it crashed and I never got it to recover again and so the installation was usesless I then switched over to Spigot and never got a problem since then, I know this is some different kind of server and the mod system is very different but on the upside the clients can connect with the vanilla installation of Minecraft and don't have to have the same mods on their machines as the server does.

I recommend to start over again (also delete everything in the minecraftbasicserver folder that is located in your appdata folder), delete the template and then redownload it from the CA App.

Done that about 4 times before posting here..

Will try again, with spigot instead.

Exact steps I will do, in ascending order

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop Docker

Delete all appdata

Completely remove docker

Install Docker from CA Applications

Run Docker with base / vanilla image (server.jar + latest)

Upon server.properties download + eula download + server starting, will stop docker

Will edit docker to use spigot server and will remove "latest" parameter

Start docker with spigot

Will update you, thanks

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Choohoo said:

Upon server.properties download + eula download + server starting, will stop docker

Eventually this is the part where it errors out, if you place a new server .jar in the main directory please be sure to remove everything in the minecraftbasicserverfolder except for the new server .jar that you want to install.

On 1/2/2021 at 4:30 AM, ich777 said:

I will look into this ASAP, have not much spare time at the moment, give me a little bit on this.

Is Halo PC or Halo CE what you want?

Actually both would be AWESOME. Halo PC more for stock maps. Halo CE more for custom maps. Thanks for taking the time when you can.

On 1/6/2021 at 1:01 PM, ich777 said:

No I'm not very familar with UniFi but I think this should not be different than any other Router/Firewall, just be sure to forward the IP:PORT (UDP) form your server to your external IP:PORT (UDP) and you should be good to go.

Tested it now on my server and I can connect to it from "outside" without a problem.

Hi, sorry for the late reply. If you enter IP and port (public IP) directly, it works with joining. I don't know why it doesn't work via the server list.

• Thanks 1

i would like a docker for metin2, i cant manage to install freebsd on a vm to run a server off of it, but a docker would be easier?...
and to not double post... is there any guide to use your rust docker and also make it visible online? the ip given connect me to official servers but not to mine as supposed, thanks in advance