[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hey! The Terraria Docker does crash with the newest version of 1.4.4.1 if people try to join it. the devs fixed it in an unofficial patch which is downloadable from their site Terraria.org in the foot note under Dedicated server its called "terraria-server-1441-fixed"

https://terraria.org/api/download/pc-dedicated-server/terraria-server-1441-fixed.zip

the md5sum checksum of the broken TerrariaServer.exe is 39f45121bdc6e1e5e4da5db85197f51d but should be

3493d86d47db8343b36c27a21f8ca8f5 instead.

everytime i change the files in appdata myself the docker redownloads the broken files so i hope u can include it as preferred Terraria version: "1.4.4.1-fixed" for their newest version

• Like 1

This worked perfectly.... I thank you and my son thanks you :)

23 hours ago, CorruptComputer said:

Hey, does anyone know how to fix the crashing that happened with the 1.4.4.1 update?

The server crashes as soon as someone joins, looks like they released a fixed version but did not update the version number for this hotfix. So both the broken and fixed versions are both using 1.4.4.1 as the version number, the only difference is that the fixed version has `-fixed` added to the download link.

Broken: https://terraria.org/api/download/pc-dedicated-server/terraria-server-1441.zip

Fixed version: https://terraria.org/api/download/pc-dedicated-server/terraria-server-1441-fixed.zip

I'm not sure how to point the version number at this fixed version, I tried setting the `Preferred Terraria version` in the docker settings to `1.4.4.1-fixed` but it is still downloading that broken 1.4.4.1 version.

EDIT:

Figured it out, you need to delete the 1441 folder and start the container once, the startup will fail, stop the container then rename the new 1441 folder to 1441-fixed and then start the container again.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, ZombieSchandmaul said:

everytime i change the files in appdata myself the docker redownloads the broken files so i hope u can include it as preferred Terraria version: "1.4.4.1-fixed" for their newest version

LOL, this is their solution? :D :D :D

That's why I hate Terraria so much... This makes no sense at all to name a fixed release like that... :D

Anyways I have changed it in the template...

Trying to setup a Valheim server with the crossplay parameter, added it to GAME_PARAMS but doesn't seem to be working. I left all docker settings default except server name, world name, password, and trying crossplay in GAME_PARAMS. I even spun up a Windows server with crossplay just to make sure, and it worked fine.

By working, I mean an Xbox Gamepass client is able to see and connect to the server. Am I missing something, or is that not supported yet through this docker? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

-crossplay Runs the Server on the Crossplay backend (PlayFab), which lets users from any platform join. If you do not include this argument, the Steam backend is used, which means only Steam users can see and join the Server.

47 minutes ago, Erechtheus said:

By working, I mean an Xbox Gamepass client is able to see and connect to the server. Am I missing something, or is that not supported yet through this docker? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I don‘t know if the Linux server supports crossplay but I think so.

Have you yet tried to connect from a Windows PC if everythig is working correctly and you even can connect to the container?

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

I don‘t know if the Linux server supports crossplay but I think so.

Have you yet tried to connect from a Windows PC if everythig is working correctly and you even can connect to the container?

According to the Valheim Discord, there are some known issues with crossplay (playfab) services, so I'm going to shelf this for now until the bugs get ironed out. Apparently as soon as crossplay is enabled, Steam and Gamepass clients are unable to connect to the server, and when crossplay is removed, Steam clients can connect fine...Gamepass clients not so much. Still unsure why my Windows server worked, however I didn't leave it running very long and just tested Gamepass client connectivity briefly. BTW I also tried running a server through Pterodactyl, and in the console logs, this keeps repeating indefinitely: 

10/01/2022 19:54:20: Game server connected
10/01/2022 19:54:44: PlayFab disconnect server 'My Server' from network 
10/01/2022 19:54:50: PlayFab reconnect server 'My Server'
10/01/2022 19:54:50: Server 'My Server' begin PlayFab create and join network for server 
10/01/2022 19:55:14: PlayFab disconnect server 'My Server' from network 
10/01/2022 19:55:20: PlayFab reconnect server 'My Server'
10/01/2022 19:55:20: Server 'My Server' begin PlayFab create and join network for server 
10/01/2022 19:55:44: PlayFab disconnect server 'My Server' from network 
10/01/2022 19:55:50: PlayFab reconnect server 'My Server'
10/01/2022 19:55:50: Server 'My Server' begin PlayFab create and join network for server 

Came across this Reddit post as well, but unsure what this means in terms of Unraid and tbh is a bit beyond my knowledge: 

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!

On 9/29/2022 at 11:31 AM, drx said:

Good Afternoon... I am having an issue with the Valheim Server, 

I would like to use the Valheim +, but I cannot seem to get it to connect.

If I use the stock Game with the Stock Server... everything connects fine, but as soon as I enable Valheim + on BOTH my Game and Server. It fails to connect.

After some digging, I found that I may need to activate a beta branch due to a recent patch that broke some things in game. I can do this fairly easy in steam for the game, but how would I go about enabling the beta branch in STEAMCMD in unraid for the server side? Specifically

"default_old Previous stable"

Is there a place where I can add the option in the valheim docker settings? or somewhere in the STEAMCMD appdata folder?

Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out... It was in the docker's settings all along, and I just had to append the -beta and branch to it... Now V+ works perfectly

Sorry I'm not understanding this 100%. Do I need to add "-beta old_version" After the game id? Or do I add it under perams? I can't google anything cuz "valheim branch" just brings up the wiki for... tree branches... No matter what I can't connect. If I use an old_version client I get uncomeatable version. I'm sure my server updated after I restarted the docker. 

Please help, thank you

18 hours ago, Erechtheus said:

Came across this Reddit post as well, but unsure what this means in terms of Unraid and tbh is a bit beyond my knowledge

Open up a console from the container when crossplay is enabled and enter:

apt-get update
apt-get -y install libpulse-dev

(Copy & paste should do the job just fine)

Please restart the container after you did this and see if it is working afterwards.

If it‘s not working try to install libatomic1 too.

apt-get -y install libatomic1

Please try to test one after the other because I don‘t have the a Game Pass and I can‘t test this and I don‘t want to install things to the container which are not necessary.

libc6 shouldn‘t be necessary.

Container is now fixed and supports the option:

-crossplay

Please update the container and wait a two minutes after it fully started since it needs a bit of time to connect to the PlayFab services, from my testing from a Windows Store version and a Steam version it works just fine.

On 10/2/2022 at 1:09 AM, ich777 said:

Container is now fixed and supports the option:

-crossplay

Please update the container and wait a two minutes after it fully started since it needs a bit of time to connect to the PlayFab services, from my testing from a Windows Store version and a Steam version it works just fine.

Works now thanks!

• Like 1

Few Questions regarding the Valheim container.

If I enable Valheim+, will that automatically update as well when releases are done? Or will I need to manually download new releases from Github for Valheim+ (Same thing for Beplnex)

Thinking of the current situation where Valheim was updated, and that broke a number of mobs. 

I also see comments about issues when Valheim+ is enabled. It is mentioned that the mod comes with a version of Beplnex already. So should I only enable Valheim+ or should I keep them both set to true in the config for the container. 

10 hours ago, xangetzu said:

If I enable Valheim+, will that automatically update as well when releases are done?

They will be downloaded and updated on every container start/restart.

Thinking of the current situation where Valheim was updated, and that broke a number of mobs. 

This will be most likely always the case or at least Valheim Plus needs to be updated in time so that it is compatible with the newer versions. This was also the case a while back.

I also see comments about issues when Valheim+ is enabled. It is mentioned that the mod comes with a version of Beplnex already. So should I only enable Valheim+ or should I keep them both set to true in the config for the container. 

You can set them both to true hut the container wont start if you do so.

Valheim Plus uses a customized Version from BepInEx and they are not interchangeable from what I know and you would basically overwrite one with the other.

Just set BepInEx or Valheim Plus to true and you should be good to go, of course this depends on which mods you want to use.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

They will be downloaded and updated on every container start/restart.

This will be most likely always the case or at least Valheim Plus needs to be updated in time so that it is compatible with the newer versions. This was also the case a while back.

You can set them both to true hut the container wont start if you do so.

Valheim Plus uses a customized Version from BepInEx and they are not interchangeable from what I know and you would basically overwrite one with the other.

Just set BepInEx or Valheim Plus to true and you should be good to go, of course this depends on which mods you want to use.

Thanks. Answered all my questions. Yeah I fully expect mods to break upon a patch of the game. Just wasn't sure what maintenance was going to involve. Rebooting the container though, is easy enough. As far as determining which mod to enable, that's easy, V+. Thanks for clarifying that though, would have been stuck wondering why the container was not running properly lol. 

• Like 1

After you guys got crossplay up and running.  

Have you been able to connect to the game server via IP on your local network? Or is it forcing you to use the Join Code?  

Wondering as I can't tell if it is making me join via a public connection or if it is connecting me via local network instead.  Whenever I have 3 player join, I keep getting disconnected.  

Internet speeds avg 800mbps down and 50-90mbps up. 

Ideas?

Rust 

Rust+ app aka rust+ companion app will not work at all, 

Tho the other rust docker on unraid the rust + app works fine. Only reason I'm asking for help is because I like the  ich777's rust docker better. Doesn't matter if modded or not the rust+ app should be working. 

1 hour ago, Blacknight2006 said:

Have you been able to connect to the game server via IP on your local network? Or is it forcing you to use the Join Code?  

Via the public IP. You basically don't have a join code on a dedicated server.

If cross play is enabled your internet speed doesn't matter too much because the whole traffic is router over a PlayFab server.

42 minutes ago, Tweak91 said:

Rust+ app aka rust+ companion app will not work at all, 

The last user which pointed that out doesn't gave me a link or a resource where I can get more information about the companion app.

I'm really not that familiar with Rust and even don't know what Rust+ is.

12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The last user which pointed that out doesn't gave me a link or a resource where I can get more information about the companion app.

I'm really not that familiar with Rust and even don't know what Rust+ is.

https://shockbyte.com/billing/knowledgebase/177/How-to-Pair-the-Rustplus-Mobile-App-with-Your-Server.html

https://apexminecrafthosting.com/how-to-install-and-configure-the-rust-companion-app/

https://rust.facepunch.com/companion

There is a few links the rust + app is aprt of the game now. 

Have to add a configuration file 

server.cfg.
app.port 12345

app.publicip 172.16.0.1

But no matter what port I try dose not work I even tired the port from the other rust docker and wouldn't work but works fine on the other one.