[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hi Ich,

Having an issue with Conan. Thought I would set a server up now there is a new expansion for it but using default template (Not adding any workshop until I can get a stable server set up) I am getting alot of errors.

I have restarted the container a couple times as a few messages said updates applied on next restart so thought that might clear up some errors but still getting loads. See pastebin below.. Any ideas?

https://pastebin.com/y9TRwQg8

Thanks in advance

7 hours ago, LFFPicard said:

I am getting alot of errors.

These are messages from WINE.

What is the exact issue? Is the server not running?

I could however hide the messages but I decided to not do that because such messages should be visible.

Usually these are not real errors and the server is just running fine.

7 hours ago, LFFPicard said:

I have restarted the container a couple times as a few messages said updates applied on next restart so thought that might clear up some errors but still getting loads.

I don't understand what you mean with that, the messages won't go away and are usually nothing to worry about.

This may have been asked before, but after hours will try asking here, i have tried login in to steam cmd, but cannot login on it. 

i am trying to manage a cs go server. it work fine and starts with a logged in user, but i cannot login throuth the console and make changes.  i have tried:

3 differnt steam profile as login some the with guard and some with out. i have tried leaving these empty
image.thumb.png.cf69b1ccbfa25d6c6ced27908b3b84c9.png

where i would expect the login to be 

login anonymous

does anyone know what i am doing wrong ? 

Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, jah118 said:

does anyone know what i am doing wrong ? 

I don‘t know what you want to do, can you explain what your goal is by logging in?

Why do you try to login anonymous, do you want to install some workshop content?

To install a CS:GO server download the CS:GO template from the CA App leave everything at default, don‘t enter your Steam credentials and wait for it to finish.

Have you also read the description from the container?

30 minutes ago, OverripeDuck said:

So my Arma update scripting is working beautifully, but I want it to run every time the server starts up. Where might I find the script that starts the server so I can add this into it? Thanks!

Why don't you run it even before the server starts?

All my containers have the ability to add a startup script that is run before the server is started and the update routine is triggered.

Simply create a file on the host (Unraid) called whatever you want for example arma-custom-start.sh and link it like so in the template:

grafik.png.5c46a8994569d71549eb7693410a21e0.png

Please note that the container path needs to bo /opt/custom/user.sh and also please note that you have to customize the path to the script on your Host and of course you can name it whatever you want.

Also make sure that you put this in your script at the top:

#!/bin/bash
su $USER

so that the container executes everything as the right user and not as root!

Hope that helps.

27 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Why don't you run it even before the server starts?

All my containers have the ability to add a startup script that is run before the server is started and the update routine is triggered.

Simply create a file on the host (Unraid) called whatever you want for example arma-custom-start.sh and link it like so in the template:

grafik.png.5c46a8994569d71549eb7693410a21e0.png

Please note that the container path needs to bo /opt/custom/user.sh and also please note that you have to customize the path to the script on your Host and of course you can name it whatever you want.

Also make sure that you put this in your script at the top:

#!/bin/bash
su $USER

so that the container executes everything as the right user and not as root!

Hope that helps.

So I did try that, but now I'm getting that the script has thrown an error. Here is my script:

#!/bin/bash
su $USER

apt-get update
apt-get install python3 rename
python3 /serverdata/serverfiles/a3update.py

I won't bore you with the python script, but it works perfectly. I have noticed that every time I make a change to the docker, I have to reinstall python3 for it to work, which i figured I could take care of here. I assume this script runs within the docker just before starting the server. 

15 minutes ago, OverripeDuck said:

python3 /serverdata/serverfiles/a3update.py

Is the script executable, the Python script? I would recommend that you do a:

chmod +x SCRIPTNAME

15 minutes ago, OverripeDuck said:

apt-get install python3 rename

You are missing here something really trivial, don't forget that this isn't interactive and you have to pass over -y like:

apt-get -y install --no-install-recommends python3 rename

(also include no install recommends because this can speed up the installation)

Hi Ich, I am trying to fun a second ark server and I cannot get it to come up. My original one comes up but any time I try to start the other one up, it doesn't show. I port forwarded the ports the same way I did with the original ports. Is there anything special I need to do for the second one besides changing the ports and port forwarding the new ports?

3 hours ago, c625v12 said:

My original one comes up but any time I try to start the other one up, it doesn't show.

But it starts properly?

I port forwarded the ports the same way I did with the original ports.

What do you mean with that? Have you changed the ports in the template and in the config if yes describe exactly what you did please (maybe also post screenshots).

Is there anything special I need to do for the second one besides changing the ports and port forwarding the new ports?

Changing only in the template doesn‘t work, you habe to stop the container, change the ports in the config files, delete the old ports from the template and create new ones in the template with the Host and Container port set to exactly the same as you specified in the config files.

Hi @ich777,

I had an ARK-Cluster (3-Container) running until 4 Months ago. Me and my friend then paused and wanted to continue today. But after starting up the Servers again, it is impossible to transfer between servers (as if Ark doesn't recognize its in a cluster). So i rechecked my config and everything seems fine (same clusterid, the clusterfolder exists and is mapped to the servers) So according to the Post of @Cyd It should be up and running, as it was 4 months ago. Any ideas, what i am missing ?

Edited by Panseman
14 minutes ago, Panseman said:

Hi @ich777,

I had an ARK-Cluster (3-Container) running until 4 Months ago. Me and my friend then paused and wanted to continue today. But after starting up the Servers again, it is impossible to transfer between servers (as if Ark doesn't recognize its in a cluster). So i rechecked my config and everything seems fine (same clusterid, the clusterfolder exists and is mapped to the servers) So according to the Post of @Cyd It should be up and running, as it was 4 months ago. Any ideas, what i am missing ?

Here is my config

Cluster1.thumb.JPG.fc50a5a328d3c95a50ab8fd842264c36.JPG

Cluster2.thumb.JPG.8c780d6b4a1f8b59c33c3e70034b59ab.JPGThe whole config of GameParams:

?Port=7781?QueryPort=27037?MaxPlayers=10?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=27027

The whole config of ExtraGameParams:

-server -log -automanagedmods -clusterid=xyz -ClusterDirOverride=/serverdata/serverfiles/clusterfiles -NoTransferFromFiltering -crossplay

The ClusterID and Passwords are for obvious reasons not the real ones

And when changing the ClusterID and starting up a docker no new clusterfolder for that id gets created

Edited by Panseman
7 minutes ago, Panseman said:

And when changing the ClusterID and starting up a docker no new clusterfolder for that id gets created

I think this Cluster thing is run with only one ARK directory or am I wrong? If yes, try to fire up only one container with validation on, maybe all containers tried to update the game and made a mess out of it, that is my only guess.

Maybe @Cyd will answer since I'm not into making a Cluster nor modding Ark.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think this Cluster thing is run with only one ARK directory or am I wrong? If yes, try to fire up only one container with validation on, maybe all containers tried to update the game and made a mess out of it, that is my only guess.

Yeah it is, to speed up things i always start up one container, let it update the game, then start the second instance with validation set to true, let it validate and then start the last one.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Or was anything changed in the docker itself ? I think there were two updates since i last played

1 hour ago, Panseman said:

Or was anything changed in the docker itself ?

No.

1 hour ago, Panseman said:

I think there were two updates since i last played

Only minor changes, base image update and some other minor improvements that haven‘t changed how the container is working.

Okay, we did a lot of troubleshooting and all the Server know, that they are in a cluster (They all write Data to the same Clusterfolder, which is named after the id, which is only specified once in the gameparams) and you can upload Creatures and Items/download them. But you cant transfer with you character to another clusterserver. Its extremely weird

Edited by Panseman
11 minutes ago, Panseman said:

Okay, we did a lot of troubleshooting and all the Server know, that they are in a cluster (They all write Data to the same Clusterfolder, which is named after the id, which is only specified once in the gameparams) and you can upload Creatures and Items/download them. But you cant transfer with you character to another clusterserver. Its extremely weird

The ports are also forwarded properly?

I‘m really sorry but I can‘t help here…

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The ports are also forwarded properly?

I‘m really sorry but I can‘t help here…

Jup, but that gives me an idea. I created a Connection proxy recently on a cheap vps, to hide my IP-Address from people watching Plex, connecting to gameserver etc. The Connection itself works flawlessly and you can connect through it to the server.

But what if the Docker checks what the Public IP of the machine is its running on and tries to offer that IP in the Cluster manager. But Because on my IP is NO required Port-Forwarding for the Server, only on the proxy, nothing shows up in the Cluster-Manager.

Just now, Panseman said:

Jup, but that gives me an idea. I created a Connection proxy recently on a cheap vps, to hide my IP-Address from people watching Plex, connecting to gameserver etc. The Connection itself works flawlessly and you can connect through it to the server.

But what if the Docker checks what the Public IP of the machine is its running on and tries to offer that IP in the Cluster manager. But Because on my IP is NO required Port-Forwarding for the Server, only on the proxy, nothing shows up in the Cluster-Manager.

Which would lead to the Question, can i fake the VPS-IP to the docker, so that it thinks its running on the VPS, therefore offering the right IP in the connection manager.

10 minutes ago, Panseman said:

Turns out it was the right guess, i re-enabled the Port-Forwarding on my private router for one server and it instantly showed up .......

Edited by Panseman
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Panseman said:

Which would lead to the Question, can i fake the VPS-IP to the docker, so that it thinks its running on the VPS, therefore offering the right IP in the connection manager.

@ich777 any idea, how you could achieve that ? Sadly im not that linux savvy. If you dont, which distro did you use as image for the gameserver?

1 hour ago, Crusty said:

Hey so I've started using unraid to host an ark genesis 2 server but I'm stumped. I've downloaded and started your docker but that's as far as I've gotten please help lol

When the container is running and it says that is fully start up you can connect with the servers IP and the query port.

If you want that the server shows up in the server list you have to forward the ports in your router with the appropriate protocol, that's it.