[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Can anyone help me with this error I'm constantly getting on Left4Dead2 docker? 

My settings for the docker are shown here: https://imgur.com/a/U5bSMO3

Segmentation fault
Add "-debug" to the /serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Mon 12 Sep 2022 03:36:13 PM PDT: Server restart in 10 seconds
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 222860
Using breakpad crash handler
Forcing breakpad minidump interfaces to load
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit
PreMinidumpCallback: updating dump comment
Uploading dump (in-process) [proxy '']
/tmp/dumps/crash_20220912153623_1.dmp
success = no
error: libcurl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Segmentation fault
Add "-debug" to the /serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Mon 12 Sep 2022 03:36:23 PM PDT: Server restart in 10 seconds

7 hours ago, Italiandogs said:

Can anyone help me with this error I'm constantly getting on Left4Dead2 docker? 

On what Unraid version are you?

7 hours ago, Italiandogs said:

My settings for the docker are shown here

Please change the path so that it points to the physical disk instead of the FUSE file path, so to speak for example: /mnt/cache/… instead of /mnt/user/…

This it trivial for some game servers otherwise they won‘t work.

Sorry for the question, i tried bashing my head against it on my own for 5 hours now. i need help.

im trying to get conan to work with the amunet server transfer mod, i cant for the life of me figure out why the Rcon port is showing up as connection refused. idk how to set it up through unraid i suppose. any help would be amazing please

7 hours ago, deamonsatwar said:

on my own for 5 hours now

7 hours ago, deamonsatwar said:

i cant for the life of me figure out why the Rcon port is showing up as connection refused

What have you done so far?

Have you specified a RCON password/port in the config files and added the port in the container template too?

Maybe this can/will help: Click

On 9/13/2022 at 2:28 AM, ich777 said:

On what Unraid version are you?

v6.9.2

On 9/13/2022 at 2:28 AM, ich777 said:

Please change the path so that it points to the physical disk instead of the FUSE file path, so to speak for example: /mnt/cache/… instead of /mnt/user/…

This it trivial for some game servers otherwise they won‘t work.

Do I need to do this for both SteamCMD or just the game server itself? 

Could you also explain what this is doing? Is this permanently using the cache or if I invoke the mover, the files will still be moved to array?

45 minutes ago, Italiandogs said:

v6.9.2

Could you also explain what this is doing? Is this permanently using the cache or if I invoke the mover, the files will still be moved to array?

Using v6.9.2 but changing the Game server files to "cache" worked perfectly. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Italiandogs said:

v6.9.2

I would recommend that you upgrade since 6.10.3 already dropped and 6.11 is on the horizon...

29 minutes ago, Italiandogs said:

Using v6.9.2 but changing the Game server files to "cache" worked perfectly. Thanks!

Yes, I always recommend using the real file path for Docker containers.

Only for the game files.

Is this permanently using the cache or if I invoke the mover, the files will still be moved to array?

If you invoke the mover then it will move the files to the Array but then the container wont work anymore because it can't find the files anymore on the cache, that's why I always recommend that you set the appdata share to use cache Only or Prefer.

17 hours ago, ich777 said:

What have you done so far?

Have you specified a RCON password/port in the config files and added the port in the container template too?

Maybe this can/will help: Click

i have followed the mod creators page plus anything i could find online

how do you specify a rcon port on the docker template? I put it in the ini files i figured that that was what i was suppose to do

6 hours ago, deamonsatwar said:

I put it in the ini files i figured that that was what i was suppose to do

Sure thing, on bare metal that is enough, but since the game server is running in a container you have to add a port mapping too.

6 hours ago, deamonsatwar said:

how do you specify a rcon port on the docker template?

1. Click on the container icon
  2. Click on Edit
  3. Click on grafik.png.4dfeba25d0d8adc84a797666075839ad.png
  4. From the drop-down select "Port" at container port and host port enter the port that you've specified for RCON in the config something like:
    grafik.png.8865e7a847aed87d3982db9222792bde.png
  5. Click Add
  6. Click Apply

Now your container should be reachable on that port via RCON.

54 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sure thing, on bare metal that is enough, but since the game server is running in a container you have to add a port mapping too.

1. Click on the container icon
  2. Click on Edit
  3. Click on grafik.png.4dfeba25d0d8adc84a797666075839ad.png
  4. From the drop-down select "Port" at container port and host port enter the port that you've specified for RCON in the config something like:
    grafik.png.8865e7a847aed87d3982db9222792bde.png
  5. Click Add
  6. Click Apply

Now your container should be reachable on that port via RCON.

So i did that now however i now dont even see RCON at all, its blank, not even connection refused or connection not found

Untitled.png

3 minutes ago, deamonsatwar said:

So i did that now however i now dont even see RCON at all, its blank, not even connection refused or connection not found

Sorry I'm not really into ARK, can you maybe provide some information on what you are doing there, I even don't know what Amunet is.

Usually modding is up to the user, I provide only the basic container because I can't give support for every game server or even mod because I can't know them all.

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sorry I'm not really into ARK, can you maybe provide some information on what you are doing there, I even don't know what Amunet is.

Usually modding is up to the user, I provide only the basic container because I can't give support for every game server or even mod because I can't know them all.

oh goodness no i understand! you already got me further than i was able to get with one post. Its for Conan, and the mod, Amunet, is a server transfer mod, all it requires is a webserver and your conan servers to have RCON enabled. Im pretty sure its my config somewhere. honestly at this point the docker is fine, i was just maybe hoping it was like a dumb setting i maybe didnt enable.

9 minutes ago, deamonsatwar said:

honestly at this point the docker is fine, i was just maybe hoping it was like a dumb setting i maybe didnt enable.

Please double check if you've set the ports correctly, created the ports correctly and also check the password again.

Maybe try to connect with a RCON client to try if its even working...

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Please double check if you've set the ports correctly, created the ports correctly and also check the password again.

Maybe try to connect with a RCON client to try if its even working...

Double checked and i was missing a "
but now its deff a mod thing cuz the rcon works but im getting a 2way test failed. Thanks for all the help

Untitled.png

39 minutes ago, deamonsatwar said:

but now its deff a mod thing cuz the rcon works but im getting a 2way test failed. Thanks for all the help

Maybe the webserver can't talk to your container.

BTW Please don't route RCON traffic over the internet because it is unencrypted plain text!!!

Sort of off-topic but hopefully someone here knows the answer; is there anyway to run "devcommands" on the dedicated server for Valheim?

The normal "kick / ban" etc... work fine if you're listed in the admin.txt file.  Just can't figure out how to get access to the (so-called) cheats like you can on a solo server.  I think it's possible because some paid-for-rental-Valheim servers have access to it.

Thanks, in advance.

51 minutes ago, CoZ said:

The normal "kick / ban" etc... work fine if you're listed in the admin.txt file.  Just can't figure out how to get access to the (so-called) cheats like you can on a solo server.  I think it's possible because some paid-for-rental-Valheim servers have access to it.

I've never used them on a dedicated server, do you made sure that you are the admin?

I'm pretty certain that those sever use mods to accomplish this since you can't use cheats on a dedicated server AFAIK.

However a quick Google search gave me "Quality of life" and "SkToolbox" mod, pretty sure that those servers use these mods.

Shouldn't be to hard to install on the container itself, but remember modding is always up to the user...

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

BTW Please don't route RCON traffic over the internet because it is unencrypted plain text!!!

how do i make it encrypted then? i tried to put the files in my home server but it would return with rcon connection refused still
this is just today after getting the configs finally right and the rcon on the conan docker properly enabled. if i point the mod to my home server its connection refused, if i point it to the free webserver then i get the connection but 2way failed.

7 minutes ago, deamonsatwar said:

how do i make it encrypted then?

RCON was never made to be sent over the Internet, it is always up to thenuser to secure it through SSH ar somehong like that.

8 minutes ago, deamonsatwar said:

if i point the mod to my home server its connection refused, if i point it to the free webserver then i get the connection but 2way failed.

Have you forwarded all the ports correctly in your router?

I really can‘t help wih this because it‘s a mod that I‘m really not familiar with.

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

RCON was never made to be sent over the Internet, it is always up to thenuser to secure it through SSH ar somehong like that.

Have you forwarded all the ports correctly in your router?

I really can‘t help wih this because it‘s a mod that I‘m really not familiar with.

yeah the ports are all up correctly, i actually got ahold of the mod author on discord and they said it actually should be working, so it has to be my chosen webserver. ill keep poking at it, if i find a solution ill report back in case anyone else runs into this issue

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Keek Uras said:

Steam is on 1.4.3.6 and the docker is 1.4.2.3. I did force check for an update and there was no update.

For Terraria you have to set the version in the template manually and it will download it after the next start:

40E82DFF-96C2-4424-9F6A-27E1110E5926.thumb.jpeg.7141a3c7a7fcfba3271aaa89650778a1.jpeg

Don‘t forget that my containers work differently and they pull the updates on every start/restart but since Terraria has no real API where I can pull the latest version you have to set it manually.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

For Terraria you have to set the version in the template manually and it will download it after the next start:

40E82DFF-96C2-4424-9F6A-27E1110E5926.thumb.jpeg.7141a3c7a7fcfba3271aaa89650778a1.jpeg

Don‘t forget that my containers work differently and they pull the updates on every start/restart but since Terraria has no real API where I can pull the latest version you have to set it manually.

Thank you very much, I didn't remember this. 

• Like 1