[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Tweak91 said:

If tried adding an configuration file and even adding a port to the docker image still doesn't work. 

I will look into that ASAP. Have to first set up a Rust server and download the game itself.

Link to comment

Afternoon, I've been running the this container for Ark a little over a week now and its been working great. Today however my steam client updated Ark and when I search for my server in the Lan list I am no longer seeing it show up. I tried to stop the server and start it as I remember reading somewhere that the container will auto update if its not using the latest. So far that has not made any difference. I'm guessing it still takes a little time for the server version of Ark to update and for the container to see the updated version. For those of  you who have been using this container longer than I have I was wondering how long it usually takes for the Ark server version to get back into parity with the client version so I'm able to play on my server with my friends again?

Link to comment
1 hour ago, RHill051 said:

steam client updated Ark and when I search for my server in the Lan list I am no longer seeing it show up. I tried to stop the 

 

I'm having the same problem. Seems like I'm seeing a lot less unofficial servers in the list right now and all that I see there are running a newer version than me. So I came to the same conclusion you did and I'm wondering the same thing about server updates. I guess those of us running our own servers should let the new client releases wait a few days before we update so that our servers will remain accessible to the client.

Link to comment
5 hours ago, RHill051 said:

I'm guessing it still takes a little time for the server version of Ark to update and for the container to see the updated version.

 

4 hours ago, celjax said:

So I came to the same conclusion

From what I know you are bothe correct about that and the ARK Linux dedicated server is always a little bit behind the current release.

From my experience most of the times the Linux dedicated server is released one day after the new client version is released.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Tweak91 said:

And add +app.port to startup same for rcon 

Thank you for posting the fix!

Can you give me a bit more details (maybe with screenshots too) and I will recommend the post so that everybody can find it easily.

Link to comment

I'm having a port issue (not sure if its the same issue you guys are talking lately) while trying out CSGO server. Server doesn't appear while having port forwarding and everything supposedly set-up correctly.

 

I'm seeing this on the logs:

Setting mapgroup to 'mg_active'
Unknown command "port"
NET_CloseAllSockets
---- Host_NewGame ----

 

Seems the +port command is not correctly identified? 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, IppoKun said:

Seems the +port command is not correctly identified? 

Have you set a different port?

Please click on the show more section, the port is handled in there.

Maybe also post a screenshot how you configured it now.

Link to comment
12 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have you set a different port?

Please click on the show more section, the port is handled in there.

Maybe also post a screenshot how you configured it now.

I did change the default port and I also changed the GAME_PORT. I'll attach some screenshots of the config.

 

I also added the "+sv_setsteamaccount YOURTOKEN" in GAME_PARAMS.

 

I only opened port 28015 (UDP) in my router, but it still doesn't show the server online.

 

If I try to connect manually via console on the game using "connect IP:PORT", I get a message "server only accepting connections from game lobby IP:20715" which I find it weird since I changed the port.

 

 

2022-10-07_14-47-34__chrome.png

2022-10-07_14-48-16__chrome.png

2022-10-07_14-48-31__chrome.png

2022-10-07_14-48-48__chrome.png

Edited by IppoKun
Link to comment
2 hours ago, IppoKun said:

I just tried out two other ports, the default one and 27100. With the default one it works, with the other it doesn't show up. Not sure why.

I tried it now with 27100, 28015, 27015 and also 27030 (default on my server) and everything is working as it should...

Link to comment
59 minutes ago, IppoKun said:

Is it possible that the steamcmd that I re-used (from one of your 7dtd servers) is making something break?

No, steamcmd is only used when the container is fresh started to downlaod the game and check for updates, after that it doesn't run anymore, or better speaking it doesn't run anymore when the application (CS:GO) is started.

 

I also have reused the SteamCMD directory from another container and was already in place.

 

Can you check if other services are running on those ports and are reachable from outside? I have a few reports that some ISP block certain ports or port ranges.

Link to comment
45 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No, steamcmd is only used when the container is fresh started to downlaod the game and check for updates, after that it doesn't run anymore, or better speaking it doesn't run anymore when the application (CS:GO) is started.

 

I also have reused the SteamCMD directory from another container and was already in place.

 

Can you check if other services are running on those ports and are reachable from outside? I have a few reports that some ISP block certain ports or port ranges.

These ports should be free, since no other docker image is using them. I even tried out host network, added -port 27030 on the GAME_PARAMS, edited also the GAME_PORT just in case and I get the following image (attached). 

 

2022-10-07_20-14-30__csgo.png

 

I'm out of ideas it simply does not want to work.

Edited by IppoKun
Link to comment

Hello,

 

I have been trying to launch the Squad game server docker but it doesn't seem to be showing up in the in-game 'Custom Server' list, (where I would expect it to appear as it is classified as an "unlicensed" server), and I am unsure if it is even fully operational following boot? The docker log itself appears to be showing a number of errors and warnings and I wondered if you could kindly advise as to what I should do to get it operational please?

 

This is a fresh install of the docker. Please let me know if you need any other information or require it in a different format.

 

Thank you,

Zee

zoreo-diagnostics-20221009-2216.zip Log for_ Squad Zee-Unraid.html

Edited by Zee-Unraid
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Zee-Unraid said:

I have been trying to launch the Squad game server docker but it doesn't seem to be showing up in the in-game 'Custom Server' list

First I would strongly recommend that you upgrade to Unraid 6.11.1

 

7 hours ago, Zee-Unraid said:

The docker log itself appears to be showing a number of errors and warnings and I wondered if you could kindly advise as to what I should do to get it operational please?

The logs seems okay from what I see so far.

 

7 hours ago, Zee-Unraid said:

This is a fresh install of the docker. Please let me know if you need any other information or require it in a different format.

Did you forward all ports from the template with the appropriate protocol in your router too?

Did you change any of the ports or settings in the template itself?

Link to comment
12 hours ago, ich777 said:

Did you forward all ports from the template with the appropriate protocol in your router too?

Did you change any of the ports or settings in the template itself?

 

Hi

 

I did not change any template. I believe I have changed them... See below.

 

Thanks!

 

image.thumb.png.1bd6c945713b831b5fe6a5d4fe57021b.png

 

image.thumb.png.748c826733f33952cd154e69ffedd740.png

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Zee-Unraid said:

I did not change any template. I believe I have changed them... See below.

I will try this again on my computer, can you at least browse it from the Steam Server Browser?

 

Try YOURSERVERIP:27165 and/or YOURSERVERIP:7787

Link to comment

Hi @ich777,

 

I am able to find it in the steam server browser (using add favourite feature) when searching for my local UnraidIP and port 27165. It looks like it is online at least locally at the IP. The Squad server would not show up in the LAN tab though...

 

I am unable to see the squad server on my PUBLIC IP address port 27165 using add favourite function, (nor does it show up on the LAN tab); however, when I spin up your CSGO docker server and allow that port through, I am able to see the CSGO server using add favourite and on LAN tab with the public IP?...

 

I have tried disabling and re-enabling my firewall on my router. The CSGO server is fine regardless and shows up with public IP. The Squad server still does not show searching it on my public IP.

 

So, to summarise, I can see the CSGO server using my public IP - but I cannot see the squad server on my public IP - only the local unraid IP and only when "adding favourite" and not in the LAN tab?

 

Many thanks in advance! 

Edited by Zee-Unraid
edit
Link to comment
3 hours ago, GOODWINML said:

Just installed the Beta DayZ Server Docker. Anyone ever set it up? Need help. I have been hoping a DayZ docker would be started.

What's the exact issue?

Any logs? Do you try to log in from the beta client or the default one (only beta is supported).

From what I know several people run it.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.