[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

On 10/13/2022 at 2:54 PM, ich777 said:

This seems like a permission issue to me, on what disk is CSMM located? Unassigned Devices? If yes, do you have R/W Slave on?

Something is definitely wrong on your end... :/

As said, everything works just fine but I've tested it again and it is working flawlessly, attached the log.

Even when I restart everything is working flawlessly...

CSMM-7DtD.txt 80.64 kB · 0 downloads

It is in my share for all my game stuff

image.thumb.png.dde3c2d17de3c11fb42ee9dd340b6155.png

image.thumb.png.4584d37d060e190439790bb249533d55.png

13 hours ago, HellraiserOSU said:

It is in my share for all my game stuff

This is actually bad, at least from my point of view because the data is spread over 6 disks.

I don‘t know if CSMM-7DtD is affected by this that it won‘t work properly when it‘s split across multiple disks and the location points not to the real path where the files are located.

@Spectral Force do you have any issues with CSMM-7DtD?

2 hours ago, FxesHD said:

spits out only error

You can ignore that error since this is just normal and is displayed on every instance (some errors and warnings are just normal since this a dedicated server and in this case they are displayed because well, this is a dedicated server without a GPU).

From what I see the dedicated server is just started as expected. ;)

Have you yet tried to search it in the Steam Server Browser (simply add the address from your server followed by the port - in this case 28015 like: SERVERIP:28015).

2 hours ago, FxesHD said:

no config there is config loaded but in the server files is nowhere to find the config....

For what file are you searching?

I would recommend to start here: Click

I only support issues when the container is not starting correctly but in this case it seems to start correct and also work correctly.

Modding and configuring is always up to the user because I can't support and know how every game server is configured or modded.

11 minutes ago, FxesHD said:

ok but according to other rust owners the server itself has to create a config file in server/my_server_identity/cfg/config.cfg and it does not do this...

Can you guve me a link to the respurce where you get that information from?

Maybe it doesn‘t create it because I pass over the server name in the command line as a start up parameter?

My containers aren‘t different than if you set up RUST on bare metal.

Hey could someone point me in the right direction for getting started troubleshooting one of these containers (where the logs go etc)?  About a week ago there was a steam update to ARK and ever since then my ARK containers have been crash looping.  I would love a starting point for digging into the logs to see what is going on.  Please and thanks!

3 hours ago, Sters said:

I would love a starting point for digging into the logs to see what is going on.  Please and thanks!

You can always pull the logs from the container (even if it's stopped) by opening a Unraid console and type in:

docker container logs CONTAINERNAME

(Please change CONTAINERNAME to the name of your container, case sensitive!)

Otherwise you will find all other logs in the ark directory that lives usually in your appdata folder.

• Thanks 1
On 10/15/2022 at 12:24 PM, ich777 said:

This is actually bad, at least from my point of view because the data is spread over 6 disks.

I don‘t know if CSMM-7DtD is affected by this that it won‘t work properly when it‘s split across multiple disks and the location points not to the real path where the files are located.

@Spectral Force do you have any issues with CSMM-7DtD?

Ah yeah that COULD be it.  This was setup a way long time ago before i had a good grasp of Unraid. I'll see maybe about moving it to appdata . Thanks!

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Shuamann1 said:

The Don't Starve Together server doesn't seem to launch the caves correctly. It keeps launching a second overworld server that shows in the server browser instead of a caves instance. I have been messing with it all day but cannot get it to generate caves.

It appears to be the same issue as this one from last year:

Two servers show up, no caves generated. Followed previous instructions but no dice. Can post some logs if needed. Apologies, new to Unraid/Docker!

Edited by Shuamann1
6 hours ago, Shuamann1 said:

It appears to be the same issue as this one from last year:

But I thought this was solved a few posts later IIRC?

Anyways, I will look into this shortly.

However the Caves should be generated just fine because you can basically go to caves.

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

If you are not using Unraid I would suggest that we discus this on GitHub, will look into this ASAP.

Since you archived / deprecated the github I can't respond to your comment (Also for anyone else in the future that comes across this comment). Made sure sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1 as I had ran a different Killing Floor 2 Docker server on the VPS before. I tried dobolinux docker as you suggested before and it just kept restarting due to WINE errors. But thank you very much for your time trying as well! Wish iw4x had a easier way to do Linux servers. Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, DudeShift said:

Since you archived / deprecated the github

Yes, sorry but I had to do that since I even don't own the game and troubleshooting is rather hard for me, but glad that you commented here.

24 minutes ago, DudeShift said:

I had ran a different Killing Floor 2 Docker server on the VPS before

And that worked perfectly fine I think or am I wrong?

24 minutes ago, DudeShift said:

I tried dobolinux docker as you suggested before and it just kept restarting due to WINE errors.

I think there are more containers out there for IW4X.

25 minutes ago, DudeShift said:

But thank you very much for your time trying as well!

Sure thing, I'm sorry that I had to deprecate it but as said, I even don't own the game and troubleshooting is really hard for me.

Trying to get 7DaysToDie running correctly

I can get everything done including access from wan.

the problem is, when i make any changes to serverconfig.xml (using notepad++) and permissions are correct, and restart the docker, it just resets it to defaults. how do i config the server if the config file just resets?

Edit:  when I disable "validate install" it works. 

Edited by Lrdfrd
1 hour ago, Lrdfrd said:

Edit:  when I disable "validate install" it works. 

That's why you don't enable this on a default installation.

Please copy the serverconfig.xml to something like myserverconfig.xml and then change also in the template the config file name to myserverconfig.

Reason behind this is that 7DtD ships serverconfig.xml with the server and on each update or validation the serverconfig.xml will be overwritten, that's why there is an option in the template to change the name from the server config to another name.

There is nothing I can do about that that the standard serverconfig.xml is shipped with the game files, just rename it to something else or copy it and change the name for the config in the Docker template to it and you are good to go.

Hope that makes sense to you.

1 hour ago, Lrdfrd said:

I can get everything done including access from wan.

Is this still an issue or is it solved?

Have you changed any ports in the template or/and in the config? Have you forwarded all the ports from the template in your router/firewall with the appropriate protocol too?

• Like 1
13 hours ago, ich777 said:

But I thought this was solved a few posts later IIRC?

Anyways, I will look into this shortly.

However the Caves should be generated just fine because you can basically go to caves.

I hopped into my server and could not see any caves on the map. Both instances were the same way. Different characters, no caves. 

18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

That's why you don't enable this on a default installation.

Please copy the serverconfig.xml to something like myserverconfig.xml and then change also in the template the config file name to myserverconfig.

Reason behind this is that 7DtD ships serverconfig.xml with the server and on each update or validation the serverconfig.xml will be overwritten, that's why there is an option in the template to change the name from the server config to another name.

There is nothing I can do about that that the standard serverconfig.xml is shipped with the game files, just rename it to something else or copy it and change the name for the config in the Docker template to it and you are good to go.

Hope that makes sense to you.

Is this still an issue or is it solved?

Have you changed any ports in the template or/and in the config? Have you forwarded all the ports from the template in your router/firewall with the appropriate protocol too?

looks like this is all solved, i have a limited understanding of how docker works, but i do use it alot. Thank you for making the container available on unraid, working great now. 

• Like 1