[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

On 10/15/2022 at 7:30 AM, ich777 said:

My Tshock container should always download the latest version from GitHub. IIRC the version that it shows is always wrong, at least that was always the case for Tshock.

Have to look into this after the weekend.

Has this been further delved into?

I looked at my \appdata\terraria-tshock folder and can see a file there called 'tshock_4.5.18' which does look like the latest release of tshock; but the log from starting up the container says the game version is running v1.4.3.6.

Opening the game states it is on 1.4.4.7 now

image.thumb.png.9e31f55956ccbfdc854c654171297428.png

Thanks for looking into it~

On 10/28/2022 at 9:33 PM, capt.shitface said:

Yes! No problem! I really appreciate your work!  

I've now tried to create a container for Golden Eye: Source but can't get it to work.

First of all you have to use WINE because on newer Linux distributions it won't work and even if I'm using WINE I still can't get it to work.

Maybe that's also a reason why the other container that you've tried isn't working for you.

52 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I've now tried to create a container for Golden Eye: Source but can't get it to work.

First of all you have to use WINE because on newer Linux distributions it won't work and even if I'm using WINE I still can't get it to work.

Maybe that's also a reason why the other container that you've tried isn't working for you.

Okay! Thanks for your time!
I found this post, that says he needed to install wine32 in addition to wine-stable.

4 minutes ago, capt.shitface said:

I found this post, that says he needed to install wine32 in addition to wine-stable.

Jup I know, still no dice...

In my WINE containers WINE32 and WINE64 is installed by default and I've tried it with both (also keep in mind that this post is from 2018...).

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Jup I know, still no dice...

In my WINE containers WINE32 and WINE64 is installed by default and I've tried it with both (also keep in mind that this post is from 2018...).

Okay, to bad =(

Here are their github, where they mention both Linux and Source SDK 2013.
I will try to spin up a ubuntu-VM and see if i can make it work.

I run it on a win10 VM right now, and cant get the tickrate above 64 (have tried all the "fpsboost" and "hi-res timers"). Also more resource demanding to run a VM then just a docker.

The game seems to be dying also, so maybe i just give up if its to much of an hassle.

Edited by capt.shitface

Hey there, 

I'm trying to get your DayZ container running on my k3s cluster. It's up and running well, and just had a question on modding the server. 

Where do I put the mod files that I've downloaded from the Steam Workshop? I've seen documentation from Nitrado for setting up mods on their servers that say to put it in the main parent game folder. I see that your container has an addons folder already, so do I take all the .pbo and .bisign files for each mod and throw them in there, then put the respective "keys" files in the keys folder?

Do you have any documentation on how to do this?

42 minutes ago, Arcaeus said:

Do you have any documentation on how to do this?

No, sadly enough not, I provide only the basic functionality with my containers. Modding is always up to the user or at least I try to help where I can but DayZ is completely out of reach for me because I'm really not that familiar with it.

Anyways, it should be not different than on bare metal.

2 hours ago, DetectiveSquirrel said:

Their latest release is now https://github.com/Pryaxis/TShock/releases/tag/v5.0.0 which has changed file structure from the last latest which was v4.5.18

But this was released 3 days ago which should be thuesday, I made the post on monday, so this release was released after I made the post.

Does it not work or what is the exact issue now?

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

But this was released 3 days ago which should be thuesday, I made the post on monday, so this release was released after I made the post.

Does it not work or what is the exact issue now?

Doesnt seem to work no, as its looking for the older release that includes TerrariaServer.exe which is no longer a thing as it states the server run files are now as below.

In addition, the new binary you need to run is called TShock.Server.exe or TShock.Server, not TerrariaServer.exe.
laPDXB0.png

Logs.txt

Edited by DetectiveSquirrel
1 hour ago, DetectiveSquirrel said:

Doesnt seem to work no, as its looking for the older release that includes TerrariaServer.exe which is no longer a thing as it states the server run files are now as below.

Please do the following to upgrade to 5.0.0:

1. Stop the container
  2. Backup your "Worlds" folder and your "serverconfig.txt" from the main directory to your local computer
    (Maybe also backup the "ServerPlugins" folder, but only if you have custom mods installed)
  3. Remove everything from the terraria-tshock directory that lives in your appdata folder
  4. Copy the "Worlds" folder and you "serverconfig.txt" back to the terraria-tshock directory
    (if you backed up the "ServerPlugins" folder, create a Directory named "ServerPlugins" folder in the terraria-tshock directory and copy only the mods from the "ServerPlugins" in the newly created folder)

Start the container again

If you are pulling the container for the first time it will work OOB.

However if you got a message without a version number in it similar like this:

---Something went wrong, can't download TShock Mod v, putting container into sleep mode!---

please stop the container and wait for at least an hour before you start it again <- this has something to do how I pull in the version number.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Please do the following to upgrade to 5.0.0:

1. Stop the container
  2. Backup your "Worlds" folder and your "serverconfig.txt" from the main directory to your local computer
    (Maybe also backup the "ServerPlugins" folder, but only if you have custom mods installed)
  3. Remove everything from the terraria-tshock directory that lives in your appdata folder
  4. Copy the "Worlds" folder and you "serverconfig.txt" back to the terraria-tshock directory
    (if you backed up the "ServerPlugins" folder, create a Directory named "ServerPlugins" folder in the terraria-tshock directory and copy only the mods from the "ServerPlugins" in the newly created folder)

Start the container again

If you are pulling the container for the first time it will work OOB.

However if you got a message without a version number in it similar like this:

---Something went wrong, can't download TShock Mod v, putting container into sleep mode!---

please stop the container and wait for at least an hour before you start it again <- this has something to do how I pull in the version number.

Thank you kindly, up and running again.

• Like 1

Hi there, Thank you for your excellent work - I was wondering if whenever you might have some time next - Would it be possible to look into creating an Unreal Tournament 99 server?  I believe the Linux server files are 'free to use' as they are stripped down without the main game executables.  Thanks again for your work with Unraid!

57 minutes ago, StalkS said:

Hi there, Thank you for your excellent work - I was wondering if whenever you might have some time next - Would it be possible to look into creating an Unreal Tournament 99 server?  I believe the Linux server files are 'free to use' as they are stripped down without the main game executables.  Thanks again for your work with Unraid!

Will look into this ASAP, give me a few days please.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, djmulder said:

Question about ARK. Say I want to setup a cluster... is that possible with this? I can imagine running a multitude of dockers with ARK would be painful. Do you have a suggestion to make a cluster for ARK on unraid?

Second recommended post on the very top of this thread by @Cyd.

Good Afternoon @ich777 and @Cyd

We have been trying for three days to get the docker to work with mods on Ark and we've hit a wall, I think we've tried every "solution" here such as Page 85 and 86 from Cyd and Cornflake with no success.

Cornflake suggested adding three extra Paths to the container but mnt/cache/appdata/steamcmd/workshop does not exist.

With the -automanagedmods line and game params with the mod ids listed ( so no editing of GUS.ini or Game.ini ) the server just boot cycles as suggested in page 85 by @Cyd this is due to a SteamCMD issue? How would we resolve this? Do we need to delete the existing steamCMD and reinstall?

We're stuck and could really use a hand as we've exhausted everything we're able to find on here and other solutions no longer seem to work.

Help would be appreciated!

43 minutes ago, DinoBrain said:

Help would be appreciated!

Sorry I can't help with modding Ark and especially not with clustering since I only provide the basic functionality with my containers, modding is always up to the users, maybe @Cyd can help but I don't know if he is much around on the forums.

Also I would suggest that you post screenshots and what you did exactly since otherwise nobody really can help here.

I know that a few users are running indeed a cluster and it is working just fine.