[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

29 minutes ago, vanik said:

Renamed Vanikserver.fwl using https://geekstrom.de/valheim/fwl/ to Dedicated.fwl (and just renamed Vanikserver.db to Dedicated.db using my OS)

It is also enough to only rename the file...

29 minutes ago, vanik said:

Then started up the server again and still got a new world. I wonder if my save is getting corrupted somehow.

Please send it over and give me some hint where I should go to where some buildings or something is.

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

It is also enough to only rename the file...

Please send it over and give me some hint where I should go to where some buildings or something is.

Sure! Appreciate the help :) There should be a pretty big structure right to the north of the summoning stones.

vanikserver.zip

Edited by vanik
35 minutes ago, vanik said:

Sure! Appreciate the help :) There should be a pretty big structure right to the north of the summoning stones.

Seems like no issue over here:

grafik.thumb.png.42557091164f56f27774ad0d6a07c0dd.png

Steps that I did:

1. Delete the container
  2. Delete the folder valheim in my appdata directory
  3. Pulled a fresh copy from Valheim from the CA App
  4. Let it create the initial world
  5. Stopped the container
  6. Delete all existing files from the folder .../valheim/.config/unity3d/IronGate/Valheim/worlds_local
  7. Copy the files from your archive to the path from step 7 (except for the __MACOSX folder)
  8. Started the container again
  9. Connected to the server
7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Seems like no issue over here:

grafik.thumb.png.42557091164f56f27774ad0d6a07c0dd.png

Steps that I did:

1. Delete the container
  2. Delete the folder valheim in my appdata directory
  3. Pulled a fresh copy from Valheim from the CA App
  4. Let it create the initial world
  5. Stopped the container
  6. Delete all existing files from the folder .../valheim/.config/unity3d/IronGate/Valheim/worlds_local
  7. Copy the files from your archive to the path from step 7 (except for the __MACOSX folder)
  8. Started the container again
  9. Connected to the server

Huh! Well, it's a relief it's not corrupted. Did you adjust the any of the Docker variables? and you renamed the files to "Dedicated" before step 7, right?

1 minute ago, vanik said:

Did you adjust the any of the Docker variables?

Not one.

1 minute ago, vanik said:

and you renamed the files to "Dedicated" before step 7, right?

You've sent a archive with files named Dedicated, didn't had to rename them.

Sounds stupid, but do you have a Windows PC where you can put the files on the server? Maybe something messes up the files while transferring.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Sounds stupid, but do you have a Windows PC where you can put the files on the server? Maybe something messes up the files while transferring.

I think that's my next move. I just re-tried all the steps and still got a fresh server. 

Although I wonder if changing the password or the actual server name is doing anything. I'll try that too.

26 minutes ago, vanik said:

I think that's my next move. I just re-tried all the steps and still got a fresh server. 

Although I wonder if changing the password or the actual server name is doing anything. I'll try that too.

Completely fresh appdata dir, completely fresh container (only added "-crossplay" and changed the server password), transferred files over from Windows... still no luck 😒

5 minutes ago, vanik said:

Completely fresh appdata dir, completely fresh container (only added "-crossplay" and changed the server password), transferred files over from Windows... still no luck 😒

FWIW, I turned on server logs and got:

ERROR: Shader Legacy Shaders/Particles/Additive shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)
ERROR: Shader Legacy Shaders/Particles/Alpha Blended shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)
ERROR: Shader Legacy Shaders/Particles/Alpha Blended Premultiply shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)
ERROR: Shader Unlit/Color shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)
ERROR: Shader Lux Lit Particles/ Bumped shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)
HDR Render Texture not supported, disabling HDR on reflection probe.
Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
UnloadTime: 19.529563 ms
Only custom filters can be played. Please add a custom filter or an audioclip to the audiosource (Amb_MainMenu).
10/26/2022 16:37:30: Get create world Dedicated
10/26/2022 16:37:30:   failed to load Dedicated
10/26/2022 16:37:30:  creating
10/26/2022 16:37:30: Considering autobackup. World time: 0, short time: 7200, long time: 43200, backup count: 4
10/26/2022 16:37:30: Creating first autobackup
10/26/2022 16:37:30: Saving backup at: /serverdata/serverfiles/.config/unity3d/IronGate/Valheim/worlds_local/Dedicated_backup_auto-20221026163730.fwl

On 10/23/2022 at 1:45 AM, ich777 said:

You weren't kicked back to the overworld to another cave, you where actually teleported to another overworld world, if that makes sense to you...

I've now pushed another fix and I've tested it again twice if everything is working now and it seems like it is:

grafik.thumb.png.182bce2faf9cc0b3abb593cbbd5e348d.png

Please delete the container, delete the folder in for dontstarve in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

Now it should just work fine.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Great thank you so much for taking the time to figure it out. I really appreciate it.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ich777 said:

No issue over here, at least it seems like no issue (this is definitely not the default world😞

After the first server start I let the server create the default world and let the server fully start.

After that I stopped the container, put your world file in the "Worlds" folder and then changed two things in the serverconfig.txt:

grafik.png.c83ce65b505ce4502c8ae98e4145ad6a.png

Finally I started the server again and it loaded the world just fine.

Thanks for testing it @ich777. I think I've managed to figure it out. For whatever reason, the default install was setting the "ServerFiles" path to /mnt/cache/appdata/ - had a look inside this folder, nothing there whatsoever.

image.png.b14b432256e68b3b7774c13d6bd86a88.png

Changed it to /mnt/user/appdata/terraria/ instead:

image.png.70b0bb6f00dcf86a6c355b61ac2579ac.png

Everything now works perfectly fine! I have no idea why it wasn't defaulting there automatically. My world loaded up correctly, no issues shutting down/restarting/saving world progress it seems. Thanks again for testing on your side!

6 hours ago, BOGLOAD said:

Everything now works perfectly fine! I have no idea why it wasn't defaulting there automatically.

Because this is done on purpose, some game servers don't work when you point them to the FUSE file path (/mnt/user/...) and you have to point it to the real file path (/mnt/cache/...).

BTW is your appdata share set to not Use Cache Only or Prefer in the Share settings? I would strongly recommend that you do that because otherwise your Array will never spin down.

If you set the appdata share to Use Cache Yes, the mover will move the files off of the Cache and onto the Array, that's why you see that.

14 hours ago, vanik said:

That's the case for SteamCMD, but not the ServerFiles... Would that make a difference? My appdata share is set to Prefer: Cache. 

I somehow forgot yesterday to put in -crossplay, but I tried it now again with this option and it also works flawlessly:

grafik.thumb.png.c6eaa9e36c99fd1e979fd3f195524838.png

These are the settings that I use:

grafik.thumb.png.e37a375b2cedd82533ebebcfb75595f6.png

I really don't know what's going on on your system...

You copy over the files through SMB or am I wrong?

However the folder looks like this when copying it over through SMB from my Windows machine:

grafik.png.11ef875d90202d4aaed7e2aa02d22e9b.png

21 hours ago, ich777 said:

BTW is your appdata share set to not Use Cache Only or Prefer in the Share settings? I would strongly recommend that you do that because otherwise your Array will never spin down.

If you set the appdata share to Use Cache Yes, the mover will move the files off of the Cache and onto the Array, that's why you see that.

My appdata share is set to Use cache pool: Only. Was running prefer, but found the pool @ 512gb was big enough. Disks definitely spin down after 15 minutes for me!

3 minutes ago, BOGLOAD said:

My appdata share is set to Use cache pool: Only

But then the path /mnt/cache/appdata/… should be okay and this is also my prefered way where to put the files, also keep in mind that this is the real file path and it will produce less overhead.

1 hour ago, capt.shitface said:

Is there anyway you could fork this docker in to one of your awesome game-dockers?

I don't fork containers, but what I can do is that I look into it if I can create such a container from scratch, but you have to give me some time, I really try my best to keep up with everything.

On 10/27/2022 at 10:22 AM, ich777 said:

I somehow forgot yesterday to put in -crossplay, but I tried it now again with this option and it also works flawlessly:

grafik.thumb.png.c6eaa9e36c99fd1e979fd3f195524838.png

These are the settings that I use:

grafik.thumb.png.e37a375b2cedd82533ebebcfb75595f6.png

I really don't know what's going on on your system...

You copy over the files through SMB or am I wrong?

However the folder looks like this when copying it over through SMB from my Windows machine:

grafik.png.11ef875d90202d4aaed7e2aa02d22e9b.png

Holy crap, I got it! It was an absolutely insane fluke. I have _TWO_ cache drives in my pool, "cache" and "large". It turns out Unraid was splitting the data across them so since the container was pointed to "cache" and my files (through SMB) were put on "large", it wasn't seeing them.

Ugh. COMPUTERS.

Thank you so much for your patience and help, ich777! 

• Like 1

Hi.

Is it possible to update the minecraft bedrock server image to make a backup of the server logs?

As it is now it dissappears on reboot. on startup I get this messange

NO LOG FILE! - Failed to up file descriptor limit Operation not permitted
NO LOG FILE! - setting up server logging...

Also the description is pointing to a webhook at port 9010, but that's outdated maybe or just for the java version?

tyty for an awesome docker.

Edited by Gromit83
3 hours ago, Gromit83 said:

Also the description is pointing to a webhook at port 9010, but that's outdated maybe or just for the java version?

Definitely not, this is the WebConsole.

Click on the container icon and select WebUI and you will see that this is the port it points to:

grafik.thumb.png.20c874d1d13a6491378cf21ee5e149d3.png

(also the description should tell you what it is...)

Is it possible to update the minecraft bedrock server image to make a backup of the server logs?

I'm not entirely sure what log you are referring too, the masterLog.0? Why do you need a backup from the log?

You can however create a user script that backups your log on a daily basis if you want to with:

docker container logs CONTAINERNAME > /mnt/appdata/PATHTOFILE/logfile_backup_$(date "+%Y-%m-%d").log

(of course change CONTAINERME to your container name <- case sensitive and of course change PATHTOFILE with the correct path where you want to have the backups)

This will create a file called "logfile_backup_2022-10-30.log" (the date will be determined by the server).

I won't make the log persistent since this involves also a log rotate (because the log can get pretty big if you let it run for a year) in the container and from my perspective that's not worth it.

on startup I get this messange

This message is nothing to worry about. IIRC this message is displayed on most Minecraft Bedrock Linux Docker servers.