[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hello. I'm quite new to the Unraid/Docker/Linux side of things and I'm having issues with 2 things for my Unraid ark gaming server.

1. When going into console I've tried to do what it says in logs to try and log into my steam account, so it knows that I own it, and it isn't allowing me to set my steam guard code over in console.

2. I'm not knowing how to change the config files. I've tried a couple thing that I've read but still won't allow me.

11 hours ago, ich777 said:

The server is indeed working, look on the public server list, you should see a server called Unraid Community Server. ;)

What have you done exactly, or how have you done this?

Are you sure that you are forwarded the right ports with the right protocol? Two of them are UDP and one is TCP.

Ive gone through and double checked everything all the ports are listed correctly and PF correctly in my router and still cant see it on the multiverse public site. Ive even tried to search it just with the IP  and itll saying connecting then "Cannot retrieve configuration from direct connection Failed to fetch"  Which is strange it wont show because i have multiple servers set up 7days to die Minecraft Ark valheim   all work just fine  but this one is trouble lol

Edited by IzzleDude
added more info
4 minutes ago, IzzleDude said:

all work just fine  but this one is trouble lol

As said above I can only think of a configuration issue or port forwarding issue.

When the server is started and you can connect through you LAN IP then something must be wrong with the forwarding or hair pin NAT.

Have you closed the TCP ports already? Some games won‘t let you connect when they detect that they are open and not needed.

21 minutes ago, AlaskaBvR said:

1. When going into console I've tried to do what it says in logs to try and log into my steam account, so it knows that I own it, and it isn't allowing me to set my steam guard code over in console.

Where does it say that?

You don‘t have to do that whatsoever.

21 minutes ago, AlaskaBvR said:

2. I'm not knowing how to change the config files. I've tried a couple thing that I've read but still won't allow me.

The config files are in your appdata share in the folder for ARK.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Don‘t open up the TCP ports please, only UDP ports are used.

Usually Valheim uses port 2456 to 2458

Have you changed anything in the template or the config itself?

This seems like a forwardig issue to me.

This was due to an error in the router configuration file

Sorry for the inconvenience

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, 9dc said:

is it possible to use? because it isnt started with a server jar.

Sure thing, just create a variable in the template woth the Key: JVM_CUSTOM_COMMAND and as Value the custom command, this will override the whole command line, also see this issue: Click

Just be sure to not include „java“ and start with the @

• Like 1

Hey @ich777 I am having some issues with updating the Satisfactory container. The latest game update is v21116 and the server is v209846. I have attempted to reboot the container a few times and haven't had any luck with updating the files. I did attempt adding my Steam account as well but there is no update at the moment.

Any way to check the container to see if there is any conflict with Steam appID, etc. and updating? :)

Thank you in advance!

"How can I start a Valhiem Docker server with a specific Seed? "

Generate it on your local PC and import it on the server.

Can't seem to get that to work.

1. Setup Valheim docker with "Name of the Server World" set as "test"

2. Stopped Valheim docker

3. Replaced test.db and test.fwl ( .fwl in Notepad++ shows the Seed I want) made and working on Windows PC to appdata/valheim/.config/unity3d/IronGate/Valheim/worlds_local/

4. Started Valheim docker

5. Confirmed that test.fwl in appdata/valheim/.config/unity3d/IronGate/Valheim/worlds_local/ shows the Seed I want.

6. Started Valheim on PC and connected to server.

7. Not the same Seed loaded that was made on the PC.

What am I doing wrong?

1 hour ago, jsooter1 said:

Generate it on your local PC and import it on the server.

No issue over here.

I did the following:

1. Created a new world with the name 'world' on my PC with a custom seed
  2. Created a Docker test instance on my server with the world name 'world' and changed nothing else
  3. Let the container fully start
  4. Stopped the container
  5. Deleted the contents of the directory '.../.config/unity3d/IronGate/Valheim/worlds_local/'
  6. Copied all the files from my local PC named 'world' (except the backup file) to '.../.config/unity3d/IronGate/Valheim/worlds_local/' on my server
  7. Started the container again and connected to it
  8. Made sure that the world on the server matches the created world on the PC

I copy the files over but when I start the Valheim Docker, it creates two new files of the same name and those are the ones that the game loads into. In Krusader, I only see the two correct files that I copied over but if I rename them (to .db1 and fwl1), then you see the incorrect ones that the game is loading into.

root@Legion:/mnt/user/appdata/valheim/.config/unity3d/IronGate/Valheim/worlds_local# ls
tester.db  tester.fwl
root@Legion:/mnt/user/appdata/valheim/.config/unity3d/IronGate/Valheim/worlds_local# ls
tester.db  tester.db1  tester.fwl  tester.fwl1

49 minutes ago, jsooter1 said:

I copy the files over but when I start the Valheim Docker

Please send over the files that where created on your Windows machine as a zip file and I try it on my container.

Is it possible that you‘ve created the world on your local PC with Valheim Plus enabled, please disable it when creating the world.

7 minutes ago, AlaskaBvR said:

It shows it over in the logs.

Can you share where it says that maybe a screenshot?

Have you put in your Steam credentials in? If yes why? The Steam credentials are only needed of they are marked with the red asterisk and not under the show more section in the template.

8 minutes ago, AlaskaBvR said:

I know it works without I just thought I needed it to access configs.

You don‘t know what you mean woth that.

Stop the container, go to your appdata/ark folder (through SMB) and in the appropriate directory where your config files are, the path is kot different than if you run it on bare metal, except for the appdata part.

Then start the container again.

36 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you share where it says that maybe a screenshot?

Have you put in your Steam credentials in? If yes why? The Steam credentials are only needed of they are marked with the red asterisk and not under the show more section in the template.

I did but it's more or less a rando account I made thinking it was need at first. But since I had it I was going to see about using it.

Screenshot (4).png

26 minutes ago, AlaskaBvR said:

I did but it's more or less a rando account I made thinking it was need at first.

No, please remove the user from the template, Steam credentials are only needed when it explicitly mentioned!

27 minutes ago, AlaskaBvR said:

But since I had it I was going to see about using it.

Why? This will only cause trouble.

Please stop the container, remove everything that was created so far in the ark directory which is located in your appdata folder, remove the credentials from the template and then start the container.

Please note that the first startup will take very long and you may see nothing in the log for a few minutes.