[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

10 minutes ago, eshchar said:

I was able to claim the server and it looks like it is working.

Yup, the first one which connects to the server is claiming it. ;)

10 minutes ago, eshchar said:

My friends also need to add the server to the "server Manager" in order to join ?

I think so, but you have to forward the ports in your router and give him your public IP.

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

Are you running the game on an experimental branch on your local machine? Please make sure that you don't, can you also post a screenshot from the template.

What does the log say when the container starts, maybe also post the log output.

Do you run any kind of AdBlocking or custom DNS software on your network which maybe prevent the communication?

1. No sir, not on experimental, just the latest steam update (not opted into experimental)
2. Not running anything crazy custom for DNS, just Google and Cloudflare with no Adblocking functionality
3. Screenshots attached plus code block from top of the log. (Not sure how to export the entire start up log in Unraid?). The start does this then instantly spams the 10000 line start up process.

usermod: no changes
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 0000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
/serverdata/steamcmd/steamcmd.sh: line 39:    21 Segmentation fault      $DEBUGGER "$STEAMEXE" "$@"
---Update Server---
/serverdata/steamcmd/steamcmd.sh: line 39:    39 Segmentation fault      $DEBUGGER "$STEAMEXE" "$@"
---Prepare Server---

image.thumb.png.433280065e0b60349feb14bb246711c8.pngSatisfactory.thumb.png.b2a0179710cc0deef8ad5366677f1cd5.pngSatisfactoryServer.thumb.png.dd3ea71bb82d0afca39d479fb972a091.png

1 hour ago, Raiever said:
/serverdata/steamcmd/steamcmd.sh: line 39:    21 Segmentation fault      $DEBUGGER "$STEAMEXE" "$@"

Wait, what?

Never saw that before...

Please, stop the container, delete the SteamCMD directory entirely to force a re-download from SteamCMD. Only because I saw it, you can use one SteamCMD folder for multiple containers.

Please don't point the SteamCMD folder to the same folder as for the game data, this is a very bad idea...

It would be better to use /mnt/user/GameFiles/SteamCMD or something like that in your case.

Also only as a side hint, please always use the real file path to the game files not the FUSE path to avoid further issues (some games won't even run when you point it to the FUSE file path /mnt/user/... it is done not by accident that by default something like /mnt/cache/... is set in the default template.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Wait, what?

Never saw that before...

Please, stop the container, delete the SteamCMD directory entirely to force a re-download from SteamCMD. Only because I saw it, you can use one SteamCMD folder for multiple containers.

Please don't point the SteamCMD folder to the same folder as for the game data, this is a very bad idea...

It would be better to use /mnt/user/GameFiles/SteamCMD or something like that in your case.

Also only as a side hint, please always use the real file path to the game files not the FUSE path to avoid further issues (some games won't even run when you point it to the FUSE file path /mnt/user/... it is done not by accident that by default something like /mnt/cache/... is set in the default template.

I thought it was interesting too, took forever to grab that line lol!

I had SteamCMD in a different directory than the server files, but I must have screwed up on using it in a separate directory when I re-installed the server (whoops). I have read up on the FUSE bypass and have directly linked SteamCMD and the Satisfactory Server to the following directories:

/mnt/disk1/GameData/SteamCMD
/mnt/disk1/GameData/Satisfactory

I don't think it will make *that* much of a difference in performance however as I am running this on dual xeon 24 core/58 thread CPUs and 1.6TB of ram, with all SSD storage for my disks but I will trust in the wisdom of folks who know a lot more about Unraid than I do lmao :)

I am attempting a reinstall + copying my save files back over and will let you know how it goes!

3 minutes ago, Raiever said:

I don't think it will make *that* much of a difference in performance however as I am running this on dual xeon 24 core/58 thread CPUs and 1.6TB of ram, with all SSD storage for my disks but I will trust in the wisdom of folks who know a lot more about Unraid than I do lmao :)

This has not strictly speaking to do with performance, it simply boils down to that some containers are not working. ;)

(TeamFortress 2, Garrys Mod, Pirates Vikings and Knights 2,...)

5 minutes ago, Raiever said:

I am attempting a reinstall + copying my save files back over and will let you know how it goes!

I think the main issue was the SteamCMD directory...

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This has not strictly speaking to do with performance, it simply boils down to that some containers are not working. ;)

(TeamFortress 2, Garrys Mod, Pirates Vikings and Knights 2,...)

I think the main issue was the SteamCMD directory...

Makes sense that somethings break with weird settings, sadly there is never a "cookie cutter" perfect solution lol.

I can confirm that reinstalling the game, with both those directories then re-uploading my save file; everything updated and is back up and running! I am sorry to bug you with such an easy fix, just a simple oversight on my part during the install that cause way more a headache than needed. Thank you so much for your patience and assistance. It is greatly appreciated. :) ❤️

• Like 2
On 4/2/2021 at 10:59 AM, Cyd said:

you should be editing /serverdata/serverfiles/ShooterGame/Saved/Config/LinuxServer/GameUserSettings.ini but

the ShooterGame server does not respect the file permission mask when it writes to the gonfig files. 

So the safest method I have found is to stop the server container then edit /mnt/cache/appdata/ark-se/ShooterGame/Saved/Config/LinuxServer/GameUserSettings.ini from the unraid console, then restart the server container.

Where can I find this directory?  I'm super new to Unraid, linix, and my home server.  I access files via windows file explorer on a networked PC. I can easily find the servername\appdata\ark-se\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\LinuxServer but I have no idea where I can find the directory you are mentioning. Any help is greatly appreciated.

On 12/11/2022 at 2:01 PM, ich777 said:

This seems like a Windows only game to me, at least from the dedicated server side 1816360.

I also stopped creating game server for games that I don't own because giving support is a nightmare if something is broken.

OK I understand, I need to learn how to do what you're doing so I can create my own.

Just now, Nodiaque said:

Thanks, I'll need to learn how to put stuff on github and dockerhub, and also create dockers ;)

If that's too much for you can also gift the game to me and I create a container or at least try to create a container since using WINE is not the easiest thing.

Hi, I'm having an issue since restarting my docker earlier.. for some reason the sever is no long picking up Valheim Plus, I can connect "unmodded" to the server no problem.

I've tried turning Valheim Plus off and back on, this did not work. 

Log output file:

[Info   : Unity Log] 12/14/2022 18:08:16: Peer 76561198099262428 has incompatible version, mine:0.212.7 remote [email protected]

Docker Log:

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '896660' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---ValheimPlus enabled!---
---ValheimPlus Version Check---
---ValheimPlus v0.9.9.11 up-to-date---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Update check deprecated!---
---Start Server---
---with Valheim Plus---
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 2 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.

Any ideas what could be causing this issue? any help appreciated.

Edited by wpmacca
9 minutes ago, wpmacca said:

[Info   : Unity Log] 12/14/2022 18:08:16: Peer 76561198099262428 has incompatible version, mine:0.212.7 remote [email protected]

This is a indication that the server runs Valheim version 0.212.7 and Valheim Plus 0.9.9.11 and your local computer runs Valheim version 0.212.7 without Valheim Plus.

Maybe try reinstalling it on your local computer.

Hey Ich777, thanks for the quick response!

Do you mean the other way around? the log you quoted above is taken from the server not my local computer.

If I launch the game from local computer, without mods/Valheim plus, I can connect without any problems to the server.  As soon as I enable the Valheim plus on local computer it gives me the incompatible version error.  But the server logs suggests Valheim plus is enabled.

1 minute ago, wpmacca said:

If I launch the game from local computer, without mods/Valheim plus, I can connect without any problems to the server.  As soon as I enable the Valheim plus on local computer it gives me the incompatible version error.  But the server logs suggests Valheim plus is enabled.

Please make sure that you've actually enabled it in the config file, I tried it now on my server because I've plan to play the game again a bit and with Valheim Plus on the server and on my Client it is running just fine.

This might sound a bit daft, but which config file?

I have been running the server since Mistlands left beta and had no issues.. i did make an amendment in the BepInEx\config\valheim_plus config file before restarting the server.. could a typo create this problem? maybe I need to get a fresh copy of the original config and start again?

1 minute ago, wpmacca said:

could a typo create this problem?

Yes.

2 minutes ago, wpmacca said:

maybe I need to get a fresh copy of the original config and start again?

I would recommend that you do the following:

1. Stop the container
  2. Delete the file 'ValheimPlus-VERSION', 'doorstop_config' and also the folders 'BepInEx' & 'doorstop_libs' from your server directory
  3. Start the container again and it will pull a fresh copy from Valheim Plus
On 12/11/2022 at 8:02 PM, ich777 said:

See the answer above this one, same applies to this game.

I'll send you the key within the next few minutes if you make us the server docker for it. ;-)
Can highly recommend the game anyway - Really good!!!
(Talking about Icarus)

Edited by Patrick_W
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Wait what, I really don't know if I can do it because I have to use WINE, at least I think... but I'll try my best... :)

The game was released a year ago. The dedicated servers only 2 weeks before and are still in beta.
But if you want, I can send you a key for Steam and you look at the whole thing?

Just now, Patrick_W said:

The game was released a year ago. The dedicated servers only 2 weeks before and are still in beta.
But if you want, I can send you a key for Steam and you look at the whole thing?

Sure think, I can try it and do my best as always to create a container for it but since I have to use WINE I'm not entirely sure if it will work.

Even if it's not working currently I will try from time to time if it's working, I already have a few games which I'm always checking on if it's now possible... :)

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sure think, I can try it and do my best as always to create a container for it but since I have to use WINE I'm not entirely sure if it will work.

Even if it's not working currently I will try from time to time if it's working, I already have a few games which I'm always checking on if it's now possible... :)

Yes I know and I appreciate your work very much.
You will have to rework/update anyway when the server goes from beta to release. ;-)

The next few weeks will probably see some changes as the servers are still in the early stages.

I sent you the key via PN.

• Like 1