[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 minute ago, luckyy said:

Thanks for the tips, will try those later and see if it does revert the docker to the non-beta build.

You can always force the public version from the dedicated server with:

896660 -beta public

Just ignore the "-beta" part, this is just a way of forcing the branch from SteamCMD.

36 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is perfectly fine and is how it should be, this is the final stage from the dedicated server initialization and when it doesn't restart everything is fine.

The line:

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = <APPIDfromTHEgame>

is for most games the final line, even for Valheim it's the same when debug logging isn't turned on.

For example Valheim:

grafik.thumb.png.46eb1f91f85b13a44799a8781d65b493.png

(in this case the dedicated server is fully started and waiting for connections)

But it is different if I make zero changes compared to after I make changes?  Server doesn't appear in the convoy list and I don't have a session ID to search with, unlike if I just start the container the first time without making any changes

Edited by dlchamp
add more info
2 minutes ago, dlchamp said:

But it is different if I make zero changes compared to after I make changes?

What exactly is different?

Have you double checked if the server is online from within the game, I can tell for sure that it's working when it displays this line, this is completely dependent on what you've changed.

What did you change or modify in general and what did you copy over?

1 minute ago, JakBar said:

Valheim server not backing up and seems to spin up a new server every time it restarts

Last backup is from 12-13

Is this a new instance?

To what is your appdata share set in terms of Use Cache in the Share settings? Please post a screenshot from your entire template.

But the backup size increases or am I wrong?

15 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What exactly is different?

Have you double checked if the server is online from within the game, I can tell for sure that it's working when it displays this line, this is completely dependent on what you've changed.

What did you change or modify in general and what did you copy over?

Attaching screenshots.
One is a clean install of the image and fresh start of the container.  This is what it looks like at the end.  Some [MP] info and a session search ID.  I can then use that ID to search and find the server in the convoy list.

If I go into `.local/share/American Truck Simulator` and edit the `server_config.ssi` where I'm changing the lobby name, description, welcome message, adding my steam token, and a mod list, when I restart, log looks way different and simply stops at `Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 270880`

If this is normal, that's fine.  Just curious as to why the server doesn't appear in the convoy list by name and after I make the changes and restart, I'm not given a Session ID at least, because I could at least find it by that before.

trucker_no_changes.png

trucker_config.png

trucker_with_changes.png

Edited by dlchamp
spelling and more info
Just now, dlchamp said:

Attaching screenshots.

On what Unraid version are you?

1 minute ago, dlchamp said:

If I go into `.local/share/American Truck Simulator` and edit the `server_config.ssi` where I'm changing the lobby name, description, welcome message, adding my steam token, and a mod list, when I restart, log looks way different and simply stops at `Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 270880`

The screenshots looking perfectly fine to me at least in terms of startup but it seems not to start the session, have you yet tried it without the mod list and or trying changing one setting at a time which setting causes that?

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

On what Unraid version are you?

The screenshots looking perfectly fine to me at least in terms of startup but it seems not to start the session, have you yet tried it without the mod list and or trying changing one setting at a time which setting causes that?

Unraid 6.9.2

I have also tried changing one at a time.   Changed only the lobby name.  Same results.  Cleared and tried only adding my steam token, same result.   I tried for each setting that I was wanting to change, one at a time, and that's how it ends every time I restart

1 minute ago, dlchamp said:

Unraid 6.9.2

Please upgrade to 6.11.5

I really can't tell if it's the same on 6.9.2 over here it is working and showing up regardless if I'm changing the server name or password.

What is also the same is that sometimes it shows that it auto starts the session and sometimes it doesn't in the log but I can always connect to the server.

2 minutes ago, JakBar said:

New as of 12-9, the share where the Valheim data is stored is set to prefer cache

Doesn't matter in your case because it's set to disk1

Do you made sure that all your data for Valheim is stored on disk1 on the Array and not spread across multiple disks?

Is the path for the game files correct? Seems a bit strange to me...

10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Doesn't matter in your case because it's set to disk1

Do you made sure that all your data for Valheim is stored on disk1 on the Array and not spread across multiple disks?

Is the path for the game files correct? Seems a bit strange to me...

Yes it correct
Do you have a recommendation?  should I store it on appdata along with steamCMD

Just now, JakBar said:

Do you have a recommendation?  should I store it on appdata along with steamCMD

Yes, I would try it, the game is not that big in terms of size anyways.

Usually the path is set to /mnt/cache/appdata/valheim and this should not cause any trouble if you have set your appdata share to Prefer, as long as it is not running out of space.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please upgrade to 6.11.5

I really can't tell if it's the same on 6.9.2 over here it is working and showing up regardless if I'm changing the server name or password.

What is also the same is that sometimes it shows that it auto starts the session and sometimes it doesn't in the log but I can always connect to the server.

Why would my unraid version have anything to do with changing text from one thing to something else?

8 minutes ago, dlchamp said:

Why would my unraid version have anything to do with changing text from one thing to something else?

Because I've seen containers not starting/running properly with older Unraid versions.

It was the same when Unraid 6.9 series was around and users where on Unraid 6.8 (I think it was TeamFortress 2 but I really can't remember which game it was).

Anyways I only can tell you that I've tested it on 6.11.5 and I'm able to connect to it regardless if I change the server name or fill in my Steam64 User ID...

i've installed the ark survival server and its running fine, however i want to install some quality of life mods but they will not load into the server. i've added the folders and .mod files to the shootergame/content/mods folder and ive set the ActiveMods in the GameUserSettings.ini . i've also tried a full reinstall of the server and mod folders multiple times. ive also tried adding ActiveModIds to the launch config. nothing seems to work. 
!m i forgetting something or is something wrong with the image.

Edited by Dah_lepel
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Are you sure that you've installed the Linux version from the mods and not the Windows version?

i have copied the mods from my ark game mods folder to the server, since my pc is running windows the mods are probably to. however i have not had a problem with that in the past since it has worked in the past using this same process.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

With this container?

yes. this is the only ark server container i have found so far. it was just under a year ago since i lastly ran this container on a previous server. so maybe something changed and i missed it but i have never had to install a linux version of mods on a server.

17 minutes ago, Dah_lepel said:

so maybe something changed and i missed it but i have never had to install a linux version of mods on a server.

In terms of the container nothing changed, maybe a mod is incompatible or something in terms of the game server itself changed but in terms how the container is working nothing has changed.

That's my best guess...

It looks like Creativerse updated something. I'm getting a mismatched version now. Is this something you need to rectify on your end with an update to the container? Or is it something I can deal with? Appreciate the help!

Nevermind! I restarted the container and it seems fine now. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by nekkidtruth
  • Like 1