[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

23 hours ago, devnet said:

I think this has to do with the extra space that I found previously in the path for the 'Linux ' directory.  If we mount the automods directory with the instructions from DBone-Unraid, we do the following:

image.thumb.png.db4c0006f6e030a9fc94ee247bc57bd2.png

But that of course, doesn't exist...because the last part is 'Linux ' with the extra space on the end and that's not what is mounted...so we're installing or looking inside a different directory or one that doesn't exist.

@ich777 where is that path set?  Do you think if I rename it and remove the space and correct all the paths it will start working or will it pull down a fresh copy with the space if it's set by Steam?  Is this a bug?

@devnet can you check your path setup to make sure there isn't a space at the end of the container path?

Apologies if this has been worked out in another post, I have spent several hours redoing the process differently and reading a large portion of this topic but have no luck in getting a Valheim server up in Unraid.

I am running Unraid 6.11.5 and everything is up-to-date.

I have also forwarded the ports to my Unraid Server IP

Config:

image.thumb.png.e7d0fe6c6f4065b5e72d64548f81ac99.png

image.thumb.png.8d2fe1cb5ed691ceeeb1f16064ccda5f.png

Router:

image.png.bffa875515926b5aeb76efb07bd65520.png

Log:

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1669935972
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Success! App '896660' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---BepInEx for Valheim enabled!---
---BepInEx for Valheim Version Check---

---https://valheim.thunderstore.io/package/denikson/BepInExPack_Valheim/---

---BepInEx v5.4.1901 up-to-date---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Update check deprecated!---
---Start Server---
---with BepInEx for Valheim---

[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.

The server simply doesn't show up in the list ever, nor can I connect to it locally. What am I missing?

Edited by kjpolker
Duplicate image
1 hour ago, DBone-Unraid said:

@devnet can you check your path setup to make sure there isn't a space at the end of the container path?

There definitely is...because inside the container, the directory is 'Linux '

root@86753OHNeeeeeyeeeine:/serverdata/serverfiles/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/SteamCMD# ls -lrt
total 0
drwxrwx--- 1 steam users  24 Jan  9 15:05  Win64
drwxrwx--- 1 steam users 118 Jan  9 18:48 'Linux '

Tested something on this...renamed my /mnt/cache/steamcmd folder and then edited my container to remove the spaces.  This time around I get 3 directories in that path:

root@86753OHNeeeeeyeeeine:/serverdata/serverfiles/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/SteamCMD# ls -lrt
total 0
drwxrwx--- 1 steam users   0 Jan  9 12:19 'Linux '
drwxrwx--- 1 steam users  24 Jan  9 15:05  Win64
drwxrwx--- 1 steam users 118 Jan  9 19:01  Linux

Edited by devnet

Just as an FYI...I changed all my /mnt/user paths to /mnt/cache...I then deleted everything to start fresh.  I was able to manually load the plugins by copying them over from my Windows Steam client after hosting a local game with the plugins I wanted enabled.  To do that, I had to subscribe to the plugins in the Steam workshop and then enable them when hosting the local game.  Then I did 'Manage' on the game in my steam library and was able to browse the file location, grab the mods, and copy them to the container.

Still can't do -automanage....it just causes an infinite reboot loop.

Edited by devnet
2 hours ago, devnet said:

Just as an FYI...I changed all my /mnt/user paths to /mnt/cache...I then deleted everything to start fresh.  I was able to manually load the plugins by copying them over from my Windows Steam client after hosting a local game with the plugins I wanted enabled.  To do that, I had to subscribe to the plugins in the Steam workshop and then enable them when hosting the local game.  Then I did 'Manage' on the game in my steam library and was able to browse the file location, grab the mods, and copy them to the container.

Still can't do -automanage....it just causes an infinite reboot loop.

Good call on changing to /mnt/cache, I didn't even notice one of my paths was setup that way until it was pointed out in a previous post, thank you @ich777 & @devnet.

I cannot say that I have ever run into the loop issue you are having.  Just a little bit ago a started a brand new server from scratch installing it to a completely new folder for both the server files and steamcmd.  I put in all the custom path mappings making sure to modify them to my new paths for the new server and steamcmd directories and used the same exact settings in my Game Parameters and Extra Game Parameters including the -automanagedmods flag.  Here is what I have for my "Extra Game Parameters": 

-server -log -automanagedmods -NoBattlEye -crossplay

If it still gives you the loop, then take the -automanagedmods and then continue on as follows.

After the docker template is setup, let the docker launch so that it can download all the files and start the server.  The first run you will not have any mods because the GameUserSettings.ini file will be generated upon the first startup.

Once the server starts up, I check to make sure it shows up in the server browser in game.  You will note that the column "W/Mods" will be blank at this time. 

Then stop the server and edit your GameUserSettings.ini file adding the ActiveMods= along with all the mods you want separated by a comma.

Launch the server now and give it some time to download the mods.  You should be able to open the logs of the docker while it is running and see messages like "Downloading item 1999447172 ..." for each mod you have listed in your GameUserSettings.ini file.

I'm wondering if one of your other custom paths still has an extra space after Linux. 

After the new server was setup I checked my directory and this is what I have:

/serverdata/serverfiles/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/SteamCMD# ls -lrt
total 0
drwxrwx--- 1 steam users  24 Jan  9 17:14 Win64
drwxrwx--- 1 steam users 118 Jan  9 20:21 Linux

After booting the server with mods, check this folder from the console of the docker to see if you have the "workshop" folder. 

/serverdata/serverfiles/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/SteamCMD/Linux/steamapps# ls -lrt
total 8
-rwxrwxrwx 1 steam users 220 Jan  9 20:21 libraryfolders.vdf
drwxrwx--- 1 steam users  84 Jan  9 20:21 workshop

If the workshop folder is not being created in the "Linux" no space directory but is going into the "Linux " with the space directory then there is most likely an extra space somewhere in one of the custom path configurations.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, ich777 said:

Why is that needed? You can run multiple containers each with it's own server and link the networks together that it seems to the containers that they are running on one machen, hope that makes sense.

This is basically the same as if you route the traffic from a container through another VPN container.

Okay, glad to know that's how it needs to be setup. How do I get a second container running?

10 hours ago, kjpolker said:

Apologies if this has been worked out in another post, I have spent several hours redoing the process differently and reading a large portion of this topic but have no luck in getting a Valheim server up in Unraid.

Config:

image.thumb.png.e7d0fe6c6f4065b5e72d64548f81ac99.png

image.thumb.png.8d2fe1cb5ed691ceeeb1f16064ccda5f.png

Router:

image.png.bffa875515926b5aeb76efb07bd65520.png

Log:

---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1669935972
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Success! App '896660' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---BepInEx for Valheim enabled!---
---BepInEx for Valheim Version Check---

---BepInEx v5.4.1901 up-to-date---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Update check deprecated!---
---Start Server---
---with BepInEx for Valheim---

[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.

The server simply doesn't show up in the list ever, nor can I connect to it locally. What am I missing?

I just have same problem... it's a fresh container from ich's repo

Valheim server up in Unraid

The server is running at least from what I see from the output from your log.

11 hours ago, kjpolker said:

Please delet the -console parameter at the GAME_PARAMS, this would do nothing at all.

Have you yet tried if you can see it in the Steam Server Browser (View -> Servers -> Favorites -> Add Server -> enter your local server IP and the port 2458 -> click refresh twice).

How much CPU and RAM does the container use?

Is your password at least 6 characters long? I would also recommend to not use special characters!

26 minutes ago, danielos said:

I just have same problem... it's a fresh container from ich's repo

Please follow the same procedure as posted above and check first if the container is reachable from your local network.

6 hours ago, robertpaolella said:

How do I get a second container running?

You have two options:

1. Go to the CA App -> Settings -> set "Allow install of second instance" to "Yes" -> Apply -> search the container again and click "Install second instance" -> the name should be also different, change the directory for the container and delete the ports in this template if you share the network to avoid further issues -> Apply
  2. Go to the Docker page -> Add Container -> select your already installed Mincraft container from the drop down -> be sure to change the name, also the directory for the container and delete the ports in this template if you share the network to avoid further issues -> Apply
10 hours ago, devnet said:

Tested something on this...renamed my /mnt/cache/steamcmd folder and then edited my container to remove the spaces.  This time around I get 3 directories in that path:

Your container mapping in the template seems off.

As @DBone-Unraid said, check if you don't have a space at the end of your path mappings in the template, most likely that you've copy pasted it and a space at the end at the container path.

39 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please delet the -console parameter at the GAME_PARAMS, this would do nothing at all.

Have you yet tried if you can see it in the Steam Server Browser (View -> Servers -> Favorites -> Add Server -> enter your local server IP and the port 2458 -> click refresh twice).

Is your password at least 6 characters long? I would also recommend to not use special characters!

Please follow the same procedure as posted above and check first if the container is reachable from your local network.

I got it up and running on local, but I can't get it working on WAN. 

I have a Huawei B529s-23a router with static public IP

Zrzut ekranu 2023-01-10 113954.png

Zrzut ekranu 2023-01-10 114033.png

23 minutes ago, danielos said:

I got it up and running on local, but I can't get it working on WAN. 

If you got it running locally then the server is definitely working.

23 minutes ago, danielos said:

I have a Huawei B529s-23a router with static public IP

I really can't do or say much hwy it isn't working. Are you sure that you have a static public IP address an you don't have a CG-NAT?

It could also be the case that you hair pin NAT is not working correctly, have you yet tried it to connect to the server from the outside world so to speak from not inside your LAN with your public IP address?

BTW please only forward the necessary protocol which is in this case only UDP, reason behind this is that some game servers won't let you connect if you forward TCP too for example.

On 1/8/2023 at 7:31 AM, ich777 said:

That's now necessary because the developers changed how the download from the version works and I have no longer a way to pull it automatically.

I changed the default version in the template now to 1.4.4.9 so that for new installations it will work just fine.

Thank you.

Is this the same for all Dockers? I noticed my Squad docker is running an out of date version now and I tried force update but it is stuck on version 3.4, Squad is now on version 4. I'd had it offline for some time and just spun it back up.

I can't seem to see anywhere to manually change the Squad Docker game version from 3.4 to 4, unlike the Terraria Docker.

Any ideas please?

Thank you, as always!

Just to add: I can see the server in the server browser and it is online, but it shows an out of date version.

Edited by Zee-Unraid
extra info
1 minute ago, Zee-Unraid said:

I noticed my Squad docker is running an out of date version now and I tried force update but it is stuck on version 3.4, Squad is now on version 4. I'd had it offline for some time and just spun it back up.

No, for SteamCMD container simply restart it and SteamCMD will check for updates on start.

What did you do exactly to force update it?

The last update from the Squad Dedicated Server app was 12 hours ago: Click

3 minutes ago, Zee-Unraid said:

I can't seem to see anywhere to manually change the Squad Docker game version from 3.4 to 4, unlike the Terraria Docker.

You can't set a manual version, at least not like it is for Terraria because the SteamCMD containers use SteamCMD and it is invoked every time you start/restart the container.

Do you have any kind of AdBlocking software on your network or something like Unbound, this could actually cause issues in terms of updates.

18 minutes ago, Zee-Unraid said:

Thank you.

Is this the same for all Dockers? I noticed my Squad docker is running an out of date version now and I tried force update but it is stuck on version 3.4, Squad is now on version 4. I'd had it offline for some time and just spun it back up.

Any ideas please?

Thank you, as always!

Just to add: I can see the server in the server browser and it is online, but it shows an out of date version.

@ich777 I'm not sure if these screenshots help at all with troubleshooting:

image.thumb.png.c5c8e8e18a65871dc4ef4886d8be3a9e.png

image.thumb.png.94275903e257198281d2a97e67c4983e.png

Can I also ask, is there a better way to view logs rather than just in the browser?

I find that I cannot scroll directly back to the start of the logs once many lines have been written. I am viewing by clicking the docker logo in Unraid and clicking Logs which opens this browser window which is not ideal. It also closes when I Ctrl + C to copy any text. I am sure there is a better way to monitor Docker game server logs live? I'd like to also filter just on the red error messages also? Currently I have to "catch them" with a live screenshot before they disappear :D

Many thanks.

P.s - how can I buy you a couple of beers for all the help? I'd like to ping you a small tip for it. Please. I insist. 

Edited by Zee-Unraid
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No, for SteamCMD container simply restart it and SteamCMD will check for updates on start.

What did you do exactly to force update it?

The last update from the Squad Dedicated Server app was 12 hours ago: Click

You can't set a manual version, at least not like it is for Terraria because the SteamCMD containers use SteamCMD and it is invoked every time you start/restart the container.

Do you have any kind of AdBlocking software on your network or something like Unbound, this could actually cause issues in terms of updates.

I just tried now, today. Also tried yesterday, didn't work. 

No adblocking I am aware of. See previous post.

53 minutes ago, Zee-Unraid said:

@ich777 I'm not sure if these screenshots help at all with troubleshooting:

Something seems off with the files when verifying the installation, can't tell what this error is exactly because I've never seen such an error before...

Do you have enough free space on your device?

Is it possible for you to stop the container, rename the folder for squad to something different like "squad-backup" in your appdata directory and start the container again?

With this the container will pull the files again from Steam so that you can see if a fresh installed container is working and you have all your "old" data in the backup directory as mentioned above.

54 minutes ago, Zee-Unraid said:

Can I also ask, is there a better way to view logs rather than just in the browser?

Wouldn't change anything at all.

55 minutes ago, Zee-Unraid said:

I'd like to also filter just on the red error messages also? Currently I have to "catch them" with a live screenshot before they disappear :D

You can of course do something like:

docker container logs CONTAINERNAME

from the Host (Unraid) and of course change CONTAINERNAME to the exact container name, case sensitive or even better write it to a file in the appdata directory:

docker container logs CONTAINERNAME > /mnt/user/appdata/LOGNAME.log

so that you can access it from your network.

55 minutes ago, Zee-Unraid said:

P.s - how can I buy you a couple of beers for all the help? I'd like to ping you a small tip for it. Please. I insist. 

Simply go to the app store and search for any installed app that you have installed, there is a Donation button. You'll find also a Donation button on the first page of this thread.

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Meatballs said:

How do I run multiple assetto corsa servers? Just add another docker or? 

Please read the first recommended post on top, it is for Valheim but shouldn't be that different.

You have to edit the ports in the config, then delete them in the template and create new ones which match the ports that you've defined in the config.

Also don't forget to change the name from the container and the path to the game files.

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

I removed the -console parameter, changed the password to an all lower case basic word and restarted the server. Same results, and no I have not been able to locate any servers locally trying several addresses.

image.thumb.png.46751a477d1c1e7c86e0870501bf40a4.png

image.png.d6f999b006e5077f939f306218938587.png

I have tried in-game, out of game (image above) via the local IP as well as searching for the server in the Community, nothing at all.

As for CPU and RAM here is the following:

image.png.db8d0c614f05db396819188ac2991302.png

I do admit memory usage is high and I can easily upgrade, it normally runs at next to none so that 80% or so is going to be the Valheim Server. However this shouldn't affect the connection side of things.

Thank you for the advice so far, not sure where to go from here, the only other thing on my Unraid server is a Plex Media Server docker which until now has been the only thing on the entire server since it has been built.

3 minutes ago, kjpolker said:

I just disabled BepInEx and restarted, no changes

The container is definitely running and waiting for connections.

Are you sure that you are on the same subnet as the server? I really can't tell what's going on on your system, network.

The usage that you see on the Docker page indicates that the container is running.

What did you change in the template exactly?

Can you maybe try to delete the container and the folder "valheim" that lives in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App without changing anything and see if that makes a difference?

24 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The container is definitely running and waiting for connections.

Are you sure that you are on the same subnet as the server? I really can't tell what's going on on your system, network.

The usage that you see on the Docker page indicates that the container is running.

What did you change in the template exactly?

Can you maybe try to delete the container and the folder "valheim" that lives in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App without changing anything and see if that makes a difference?

I stopped and removed the container, deleted the folder 'Valheim' in appdata on the server and reinstalled it without touching any options.

image.png.251b19f8e7c57a6d2a69b68399656c5f.png

Same subnet as well.

image.thumb.png.de205be890c517df7a63bda2a967aaf1.png

Apologies this seems unique. I followed several guides and posts and was never successful, I suppose this validates it's an odd one.

EDIT:

Adding a ping from desktop computer screenshot

image.png.d6b3cdd93ee4a993116092aae5bc2f83.png

Edited by kjpolker
Duplicate image
4 minutes ago, kjpolker said:

Apologies this seems unique

No worries at all! ;)

5 minutes ago, kjpolker said:

I followed several guides and posts and was never successful, I suppose this validates it's an odd one.

So still nothing in the Steam Server Browser?

Do you have maybe another computer on the network that you can try to connect to or search it?