[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Just now, ich777 said:

Sorry it's not that easy when you have to watch your little son and give support at the same time.

What I wanted to write was: If not, did you change anything in the template?

Yeah, I know the feeling, as I have 6 children. The only thing I have changed was +maxplayers 4 +map c1m1_hotel. Is there something else I need to change?

11 minutes ago, TH3GOD said:

Do I need to change something to get the server name to change? That way in case someone else has the same name?

I don‘t understand, go to the LAN tab in your Steam Server Browser, I can‘t imagine that someone else on your network has the same server name.

You can change the server name in the server config file in the l4d2 directory (please make sure you stop the container first before esiting the config file).

You‘ll find the Steam Server Browser in View -> Server Browser -> LAN

Just now, ich777 said:

I don‘t understand, go to the LAN tab in your Steam Server Browser, I can‘t imagine that someone else on your network has the same server name.

You can change the server name in the server config file in the l4d2 directory (please make sure you stop the container first before esiting the config file).

Yeah, it isn't showing up there.

Screenshot 2022-12-28 153830.png

7 minutes ago, TH3GOD said:

Yeah, it isn't showing up there.

Then something else must be wrong.

Did you change anythig else?

Maybe try to delete the container, then delete the directory for l4d2 and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

You can also try manually adding it to your Favorites in the Steam Server Browser by entering the IP from your server followed by the port eg: 192.168.1.1:27015 then click once on Refresh and it should show up.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Decided to click add server and then type the IP in and now I can see it, thank you.

• Like 1

Im trying to make myself the admin on my Rust server. So i created the user.cfg file in the directory /mnt/user/appdata/rust/server/my_server_identity/cfg but it doesn't make me the server owner. Yes i used the correct steamID   i create a txt file  ownerid (steamid) "theadmin". is there anyone that can help me or tell me what im doing wrong.

7 hours ago, Schwifty Rick said:

So i created the user.cfg

How did you create that file? Did you create a txt file and renamed it to cfg, are you really sure that the extension is cfg and not txt (Windows hides by default the file extensions).

With which program did you create that file? Some programs mess up the formatting of the file (not visible by you usually) for example Word Pad or the default Text Editor from OSX do these kind of things.

Please double check that you've created it in this format:

ownerid 78912345678912345 "SchwiftyRick"

Also please make sure that you first stop the server before editing any files from the container and after you've edited/created and saved them start the container again.

1 hour ago, Schwifty Rick said:

yeah im on windows and i used notepad.

Please use the plaine Editor that comes with Windows.

i was wondering if it could have to do with my security settings inside unraid. i have my appdata iso domains and my share all set on private. idk if that would matter or not but other than that im at a loss.

No.

i might have to just go back to windows servers.

This only seems like a plain configuration error to me.

You can go back to Windows for sure but the container is working just fine too and this would also be a hige waste of resources if you create a VM, at least from my perspective.

so i just tried to delete a file from my server and it told me i didn;t have permissions to do so. said i need to use the root user but when i made a new user on unraid (Rick) i gave it read/write on all of the iso, domains, appdata, share.  i didn;t do the system folder because the manual i looked at didn't cover that folder. 

43 minutes ago, Schwifty Rick said:

so i just tried to delete a file from my server and it told me i didn;t have permissions to do so.

Then delete it with root permissions.

Did you maybe create the file over SFTP or via Krusader?

If you created the file please always do it over SMB if possible or you have to set the permissions correctly to UID 99 and GID 100.

When the file is owned by root and only readable to root the container also can't read it.

I reset the server again and followed a different guide this time and made the file how it said to but to no avail.  i am fully aware that it is working for other people and it just happens to be fit with my luck that nothing ever works out for me. yes im using the correct steamid.  On windows server to obtain admin i would just input ownerid ******************* "Rick" into the server console and finish with write.cfg   i just don't understand how i am able to add files like mods to the plugin folder and they show up on the server when i join. so why can the server see these files but not the user.cfg file

image.thumb.png.84161355e89dc1a2c9adf2c8698abf84.png

On 5/30/2021 at 1:08 AM, stevep94 said:

Thanks!!!! You are a star!

Hey - did you endup getting this edited?
I still can't locate anything in the appdata folder/s that allows changing sername or pass. 

Also trying to figure out how to migrate an existing server to this dedicated one... any ideas?
@ich777

Edited by CouchPawTayTow
On 5/30/2021 at 1:04 AM, ich777 said:

Where did you look for the config file?

Here is a guide but please be aware that your path has to be somewhere to be in your appdata directory in the folder for ConanExiles: Click

I found where to change the server name and pass. For me it was

\\UNRAID\appdata\conanexiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\Engine.ini

Trying to figure out how to import an existing server... their guide is pretty vague about which files to switch. 

10 hours ago, Schwifty Rick said:

i just don't understand how i am able to add files like mods to the plugin folder and they show up on the server when i join. so why can the server see these files but not the user.cfg file

To what is you appdata share set in terms of "Use Cache" in the Share settings?

45 minutes ago, CouchPawTayTow said:

For me it was

\\UNRAID\appdata\conanexiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\Engine.ini

It is always that file because every Dedicated Server works the same only the path differs slightly on each installation at the beginning (even on Bare Metal).

45 minutes ago, CouchPawTayTow said:

Trying to figure out how to import an existing server... their guide is pretty vague about which files to switch. 

This is only a tutorial on how to set up a dedicated server, simply copy over your config files and the save files, this should be it (remember to stop the container in the first place before doing that).