[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

If you didn't reboot until then you should be able to recover the world from the path:

/mnt/cache2/appdata/valheim/.config/unity3d/IronGate/Valheim/worlds_local/

if you couldn't tell already, I'm really new to this. Figured out how to map the root of the share with some youtube assistance and sure enough, recovered the save. Thanks a ton for your help!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, d_buster said:

How do I update my Docker Server?

As you've just tried, restarting it.

Do you have any AdBlocking or something like Unbound on your network which maybe caches DNS requests?

You can try to set validation in the template to 'true' let the container start, see if it updates and after that set validation to 'false' or nothing in the template again, don't let it always on true because this will force a validation each time the container is starting and the startup could take significantly longer!

44 minutes ago, alexeyka said:

Restarted, changed Validation to "true", restarted again, but it doesn't work for me. Still no updates on server.

There is nothing I can do about since this seems either a SteamCMD issue or the developers haven‘t updated the Linux version from the dedicated server for the game yet.

I think is the second one…

• Thanks 1

Coming back to Valheim after the mistlands update, tried to create a new server by removing my old docker instance and installing a fresh one. I have done the same process a couple times in the past for friends who wanted to start the game fresh, but I am unable to connect to the server once the docker instance is finished being set up. From my limited knowledge and googling, this log seems to be saying that SteamCMD cant update, but I am not sure if I am missing something. Any ideas?

---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Looks like steam didn't shutdown cleanly, scheduling immediate update check
src/tier0/threadtools.cpp (4122) : Probably deadlock or failure waiting for thread to initialize.
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
Thread failed to initialize

src/tier0/threadtools.cpp (4122) : Probably deadlock or failure waiting for thread to initialize.

CWorkThreadPool::StartWorkThread: Thread creation failed.

CWorkThreadPool::StartWorkThread: Thread creation failed.

[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1658944597

-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...src/tier0/threadtools.cpp (4122) : Probably deadlock or failure waiting for thread to initialize.

src/common/job.cpp (103) : GetMicrosecsUntilCallerDeadline() >= k_nMillion*3600*24*30
src/steamnetworkingsockets/clientlib/steamnetworkingsockets_lowlevel.cpp (3305) : usecElapsed >= 0
src/steamnetworkingsockets/clientlib/steamnetworkingsockets_lowlevel.cpp (3305) : usecElapsed >= 0
src/common/job.cpp (103) : GetMicrosecsUntilCallerDeadline() >= k_nMillion*3600*24*30
OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...src/common/job.cpp (103) : GetMicrosecsUntilCallerDeadline() >= k_nMillion*3600*24*30
OK

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Is this the only output that your are receiving?

On what Unraid version are you?

Is this a conplete fresh installation with a new Valheim directory too?

Only output - Yes, that is all that is in the log file

Unraid Version - 6.8.3

Complete Fresh install - I am not sure how to tell this. If removing the valheim app from unraid removes the valheim directory, then yes. If not, then it is using the old file structure from past instillations because I have never manually removed it.

On 1/12/2023 at 1:14 AM, ich777 said:

May I ask why do you want to do that in the GAME_PARAMS?

Just edit the Engine.ini and it should work just fine and it should have all the parameters in there by default if I'm not mistaken.

By default the file is located in:

.../appdata/ConanSandbox/Saved/Config/WindowsServer/Engine.ini

This is way easier and not that tedious.

Anyways you should be able to pass it over with:

-ServerName='Name with spaces' -ServerRegion=US

(but I'm not too sure if these are the right parameters for ConanExiles, it should also work with:

-ServerName=Name with Spaces -ServerRegion=US

You are missing the -

I didn't bother with the GUI anymore and just went straight to the configs like you mentioned. 

Saved/Config/WindowsServer/Engine.ini works for ServerName

and

Saved/Config/WindowsServer/ServerSettings.ini works for serverRegion. 

I had to wait a little bit for it to show up in the ingame server browser, but all is good now!  Thanks.

Edited by zozz
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Dreygonx said:

exiles and siptah maps also giving the same issue. Server/container just sits an a restart loop over and over.

Stop the container and delete the WINE64 folder in the main directory please.

After that start the server again and see if it‘s the same.

Ive got a problem with my Ark Server.

On one of my servers i have an Ark server with 3 Mods working. Well sort of. Sometimes Arke uses the DefaultGameUserConfig sometimes it uses the GameUserConfig on startup. So i have everything identical in both Configs.

Now i want to Reduce my Servers from 2 to 1 and need to Copy Ark from the server where Ark is working to another Unraidserver where everything is working except the Mods and PVE. So no mather in which Config i write. Ark does not use the Mods and does not use the PVE settings. Even if i copy the /appdata/ark/ folder to the other Server it will not load the Mods and only starts at PVP.

The Difference between those two Servers is Unraid ist on the working one at 6.10.1 and the nonworking one 6.10.3 and its an Intelbased server instead of AMD based.

How do I get it working?

Edited by ich777
made post readable on non dark theme
13 minutes ago, Morikami said:

Even if i copy the /appdata/ark/ folder to the other Server it will not load the Mods and only starts at PVP.

How do you copy it over?

Did you stop the server first?

14 minutes ago, Morikami said:

Sometimes Arke uses the DefaultGameUserConfig sometimes it uses the GameUserConfig on startup.

That's not how the Unreal Engine works, I can't remember which one it uses first but they are bot loaded but in a specific order.

14 minutes ago, Morikami said:

The Difference between those two Servers is Unraid ist on the working one at 6.10.1 and the nonworking one 6.10.3 and its an Intelbased server instead of AMD based.

Why are you on such old Unraid versions? I would first recommend to upgrade to 6.11.5 and then we can leek further, maybe also post your Diagnostics from the server where you want to install the server that is currently not working.

17 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Why are you on such old Unraid versions? I would first recommend to upgrade to 6.11.5 and then we can leek further, maybe also post your Diagnostics from the server where you want to install the server that is currently not working.

Cause every time the update fucked up my MariaDB so i didnt update anymore.

19 minutes ago, ich777 said:

How do you copy it over?

Did you stop the server first?

I tryed 3 versions. First i tryed to copy via SMD, then deleted everything made an backup via CA Backup and Restore and manually unziped the folder on the new server, and lastly i now work via Codeserver and copy every single file per hand.
And yes the server was stoped bevor the copy.

21 minutes ago, ich777 said:

That's not how the Unreal Engine works, I can't remember which one it uses first but they are bot loaded but in a specific order.

I know that it does not work like this but thats how it workes on my server i dont know why.

I will try to update on the latest Unraid version and try again.

1 hour ago, Morikami said:

Cause every time the update fucked up my MariaDB so i didnt update anymore.

And you think that is caused by the Unraid update when it‘s installed in a container? 😅

SMD

?

Do you mean SMB?

I know that it does not work like this but thats how it workes on my server i dont know why.

Then there seems something wrong with the server itself when it behaves like that…

Do you have by any chance a log from when it does not work?

47 minutes ago, Morikami said:

And Again.... MariaDB database corrupted.

Then there seems something wrong with your installation.

I‘ve never experienced anything like that and I‘m using the container from LSIO.

Do you maybe have the paths set up wrong or use cache set to Yes for your appdata?

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Do you mean SMB?

Yes.

Do you have by any chance a log from when it does not work?

No, Wordpress gives me an Error loading the Database. This Time 1 of 3 Wordpress Container gave me the error.

Then there seems something wrong with your installation.

I‘ve never experienced anything like that and I‘m using the container from LSIO.

Do you maybe have the paths set up wrong or use cache set to Yes for your appdata?

On Server 1 where it happens its set to Prefer.

On Server 2 its set to Yes.

But thats another Problem for another time. I know it is there and i can reinstall the Database quick enough it does not affect the Websites too much.

Back to the Ark Problem.

It still does not load the Mods. I now could switch to PVE with another line.

On the working Server i use serverPVE=1 to enable PVE

On the not working Server i need to use ServerPVE=true to enable PVE.

So does anyone now if there is another command instead of ActiveMods=xxx,xxx?

On 1/14/2023 at 12:11 AM, ich777 said:

As you've just tried, restarting it.

Do you have any AdBlocking or something like Unbound on your network which maybe caches DNS requests?

You can try to set validation in the template to 'true' let the container start, see if it updates and after that set validation to 'false' or nothing in the template again, don't let it always on true because this will force a validation each time the container is starting and the startup could take significantly longer!

I don't have a dedicated network firewall. Marking 'validation' to 'true' and restarting multiple times does not help. I there anyway to find and force and update?