[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hello, I am new to unraid and am having trouble setting up a Conan exiles server. It loads everything and then after downloading all workshop content is says "Something went wrong cant find folder 'ConanSandbox' putting server into sleep mode. Just attempted again without workshop content and got same result. 

Edited by Zodicalpeak
3 hours ago, Zodicalpeak said:

Just attempted again without workshop content and got same result. 

Did you add your Steam credentials? If yes please remove it and start over.

Are all paths in the template set correct and is your appdata directory set to use cache only or prefer in the share settings?

7 hours ago, hofq said:

I never needed that before but i need it to configure the Gmod Server

Open up a console from the container and enter these exact commands:

su $USER
${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd.sh \
        +force_install_dir ${SERVER_DIR} \
        +login anonymous \
        +app_update ${GAME_ID} \
        +quit

I think you want to install other game content correct? If so please change the ${GAME_ID} with the game ID from the other game.

A more easy solution would be to copy over the game contents from your local computer to the directory on your server for GarrysMod.

6 hours ago, FreddyGSanford said:

If I were to install Ich's basic Minecraft server right now, it would install 1.19.3 if I changed nothing. How does one get it to install 1.19.2?

Are we talking about the Java version or the Bedrock version?

If Bedrock Edition, set the GAME_V to your prefered game version.

If the Java version set GAME_V to „custom“ (without double quotes), download the server.jar manually and place it in the directory for Minecraft on your server and make sure that the JAR_NAME is set to „server“ (without double quotes). JAR_NAME needs to be the exact name as the downloaded file.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

There seems to be something wrong with Docker on your system.

Are you sure you have enough space on the drive and also in you Docker image?

Please post your Diagnostics.

Hello I have fixed the problem by resetting configs and wiping my drives via reformatting. I was having problems with other docker containers as well so Idk what was going on but resetting everything seems to have fixed everything. Got the server running without workshop content now attempting to add it. 

Edited by Zodicalpeak
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, Zodicalpeak said:

Got the server running without workshop content now attempting to add it.

I hope you've seen the Variable WS_CONTENT in the template, I can tell for sure that it's working because a buddy has also a server running with some mods on it.

Please keep in mind that if the container starts to loop and doesn't starts properly one of the mods is not working properly.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

I hope you've seen the Variable WS_CONTENT in the template, I can tell for sure that it's working because a buddy has also a server running with some mods on it.

Please keep in mind that if the container starts to loop and doesn't starts properly one of the mods is not working properly.

When you say the Variable WS_CONTENT in the template your just referring to this rightimage.thumb.png.07bb564a0e9e7ed9d810913dd0f13e37.png

I tried it with some mods but yea it got stuck in a loop so now I am going to try each mod until I find the one thats not working. Is this all I need to do for ws content though? Just add the Mod id?

24 minutes ago, Zodicalpeak said:

Ok sweet before I get off for the night are either of theses important or need to be changed?

Depends, GAME_PARAMS are appended on start from the dedicated server, usually you don't need anything in there, this is just if you have some weird mod or want to add a start parameter for whatever reason.

Validate installation is basically the same as if you validate the game files on Steam (please never set this to true without a good reason because this will slow the start process from the container because it checks the game files if set to true on every container start).

Explained WS_CONTENT above, if you don't need it, let it empty.

• Like 1
On 9/28/2021 at 12:52 AM, ich777 said:

Seems like this is possible from what I've read.

If you gift me the game I can look into it and create a dedicated server if it's possible but as said above this should be totally doable.

Has anything been done with Survive The Nights yet?  I checked out ich777/steamcmd:stn  I think that is what it was, but it wasn't anything to do with STN and it tried to run srcds_ something. sorry for the lack of memory or details.

Edited by Scootz
added a missing word

I attempted to add mods and it started looping so I removed them and reinstalled multiple times and it is still stuck in a loop. Idk what's wrong now

diagnostics-20230127-1940.zip

Pulled this from the end of the log 

LogWindows:Error: === Critical error: ===
LogWindows:Error: 
LogWindows:Error: Fatal error: [File:C:\B\tech_exiles\code\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\Serialization\AsyncLoading.cpp] [Line: 3448] 
LogWindows:Error: Could not find SuperStruct CanItemBeDismantledByStation to create CanItemBeDismantledByStation
LogWindows:Error: !0x0000000000000000
LogWindows:Error: Crash in runnable thread FAsyncLoadingThread

Edited by Zodicalpeak

Sorry if this is a dumb question or if this has been asked before but I'm not gonna go looking through 250+ pages for the answer lol

Generally, how big is the file size of these dockers? Does it depend on the game? I'm looking to set up a server for Ark. Just trying to figure out how much space this will take up on my cache drive.

Also, is there a wiki or something where I can find more general info? Looking through forum posts is kinda tough.

1 hour ago, jcd463 said:

Generally, how big is the file size of these dockers?

The containers are not really big in terms of size because they download the game on the first start.

1 hour ago, jcd463 said:

Does it depend on the game?

Exactly.

1 hour ago, jcd463 said:

I'm looking to set up a server for Ark. Just trying to figure out how much space this will take up on my cache drive.

Just search for something like „ark linux dedicated server“ and you should find specifications on how big the games are in terms of size and what the recommended hardware specifications are (you should find then something like this) in case of ARK it is about 15GB.

1 hour ago, jcd463 said:

Also, is there a wiki or something where I can find more general info?

No, because dedicated game servers are documented usually really well and have their own wiki/forum/setup instructions which are up to date where as if I run a dedicated wiki for them it could be outdated and would be really difficult to maintain for me.

Hope that makes sense to you.

The container can do basically everything like if you run it on bare metal on a Linux server.

As a little side note, modding from the containers is always up to the user because I simply can‘t know how to kod each individual game server but I try to help where I can. :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Zodicalpeak said:

Error: failed to register layer: ApplyLayer exit status 1 stdout: stderr: archive/tar: invalid tar header

This is the same error as before, are you sure that your cache drive isn‘t dying?

This indicates usually an issue with Docker.

On 1/25/2023 at 11:28 PM, ich777 said:

If the Java version set GAME_V to „custom“ (without double quotes), download the server.jar manually and place it in the directory for Minecraft on your server and make sure that the JAR_NAME is set to „server“ (without double quotes). JAR_NAME needs to be the exact name as the downloaded file.

It's Java. I had mentioned replacing the .jar in my post, so I went that route. It worked fine. I probably should've gotten on here before you replied so you didn't have to take your time with this. However, I appreciate your speedy response.

BUT, now that it's the weekend I'm trying to make it a BetterMC server. Since it is so heavily modded, I used Curseforge on the client side to get BetterMC up and going. I am able to play single player. I also knew that Curseforge will put together a server package to keep all the mods synced up. I put them in but it wouldn't work when connecting to the server. In the readme file that came with it it states this:

"ONLY USE THESE FILES TO RUN THE SERVER:
Windows = start.ps1
Linux = start.sh
(DO NOT USE THE .jar TO RUN THE SERVER!)"

Unfortunately, your container automatically add the .jar to start the container. Is there a way to edit your container to use the start.sh shell to run it, or should I just try another container solution? I don't mind messing around and changing this if it's not mindboggling to do so.

Thank you for the work you do. I really appreciate it. I use at least 6 of your game containers and they are always reliable.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, FreddyGSanford said:

Unfortunately, your container automatically add the .jar to start the container. Is there a way to edit your container to use the start.sh shell to run it, or should I just try another container solution? I don't mind messing around and changing this if it's not mindboggling to do so.

Yes, plase head over to GitHub and read this issue: Click

You have to extract the start command and put it in the variable then it will work. Hope that helps.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is the same error as before, are you sure that your cache drive isn‘t dying?

This indicates usually an issue with Docker.

Ok I actually didn't have a cache drive, so after doing research I installed one now should I set all my shares to be used through cache. Right now it looks like my dockers are being installed to appdata should I have that set to cache?