[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

42 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: '<!DOCTYPE') in file manifest [offset: 15]

This is usually a indicator that SteamCMD can‘t connect with Steam Pipe.

Are you sure that nothing on your network changed?

maybe try to stop all game server containers and delete the contents of the steamcmd folder (including hidden files) and then start one container so that it can pull SteamCMD.

14 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is usually a indicator that SteamCMD can‘t connect with Steam Pipe.

Are you sure that nothing on your network changed?

maybe try to stop all game server containers and delete the contents of the steamcmd folder (including hidden files) and then start one container so that it can pull SteamCMD.

Thats what I tried, I renamed the folder so it created a new one. It was downloaded and now I get this message. Very weird. Only thing that happen is a power outage maybe a week ago (but all server gracefully shutdown due to ups). Very weird.

edit: I also found out that my conan exile server is identified as invalid. Ark server are showned in lan only and working, Valheim server are nowhere to be found. O_O

re-edit: I just tried disabling unbounb and pihole (just incase something went wrong in the past week) and it didn't solved it :(

edit again!

I just compared both steamcmd and the backup, normal they have different files?

image.png.3387dfb1ff030079121d99cef8153241.png

edit back: yeah it's normal since it doesn't download.... I don't get why it doesn't download

Edit yet again: I just tried to create a new conan server, new steamcmd folder, new basedir and I connected it to bridge (just wanted to see if it would download). Ended with the same error + error saying conansandbox folder doesn't exist (since steam couldn't run). I'm really out of clues :(

More edit: I have 2 unraid installation, just tried on the other unraid and everything is fine... What config could do that on my unraid? They are using same DNS, DHCP and router

so much edit: I just tried this container

https://hub.docker.com/r/cm2network/steamcmd/

and steamcmd.sh start and download steam O_O

Edited by Nodiaque
6 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

Thats what I tried, I renamed the folder so it created a new one. It was downloaded and now I get this message. Very weird. Only thing that happen is a power outage maybe a week ago (but all server gracefully shutdown due to ups). Very weird.

Sorry but all my game servers that I've running are working fine, I can only think of a corruption of the Docker images itself.

I have never seen this issue before...

You are on 6.11.5 I assume correct?

Please try to delete all containers (so that no SteamCMD container from me is on your server anymore) and then add it again with the button Add Container on the Docker page and selecting the appropriate containers again from the drop down, with this you make sure that your paths and everything is set as before.

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry but all my game servers that I've running are working fine, I can only think of a corruption of the Docker images itself.

I have never seen this issue before...

You are on 6.11.5 I assume correct?

Please try to delete all containers (so that no SteamCMD container from me is on your server anymore) and then add it again with the button Add Container on the Docker page and selecting the appropriate containers again from the drop down, with this you make sure that your paths and everything is set as before.

That'S what I'm thinking right now. Since it's working on my other instance of unraid and it's also working from someone else steamcmd docker I found and try. Delete time. At least, it's less painfull then redoing docker.img

3 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

didn'T worked :( I deleted all image that were from you, when I downloaded ark back it downloaded all layers. And when it started, same problem :'(

Do you have anything custom on your system like many packages from NerdTools or similar?

I really can't tell what's going on on your machine, have you yet tried to reboot your entire server?

11 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

At least, it's less painfull then redoing docker.img

Why are you using a docker.img? I would strongly recommend to use a directory instead of a image file.

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Do you have anything custom on your system like many packages from NerdTools or similar?

I really can't tell what's going on on your machine, have you yet tried to reboot your entire server?

Why are you using a docker.img? I would strongly recommend to use a directory instead of a image file.

docker.img simply because it was the default setting when I started using unraid years ago. And since it was all new to me, I didn't wanted to modify to much stuff.

rebooted server and router.

nerdtool only have tmux and unrar package installed

On 2/11/2023 at 2:49 PM, Nodiaque said:

I've posted it here:

Hi  just some quick thoughts you probably already have checked :)  have you public IP changed, my ISP sometimes screw up and i get behind their CG NAT.   next is some appdata with cache experience i have from other (Plex) docker where i have cache drive enable/prefer sometimes could corrupt plex database, when i set cache to Only or none i havent seen the problem since :)

On 2/12/2023 at 6:55 PM, Cobstar said:

Hi  just some quick thoughts you probably already have checked :)  have you public IP changed, my ISP sometimes screw up and i get behind their CG NAT.   next is some appdata with cache experience i have from other (Plex) docker where i have cache drive enable/prefer sometimes could corrupt plex database, when i set cache to Only or none i havent seen the problem since :)

Hello, 

Thanks for the input. If that was the case, it wouldn't work with other steam docker and other unraid. I flushed everything and the problem is still present (I rebuilt all my docker). 

Thanks! 

5 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

Thanks! 

I really can't help here because I simply can't reproduce this issue... :(

If you know what the solution is then please keep me updated?

Have you yet tried to remove everything from the containers including the folders for the containers (of course create a backup in the first place)?

7 hours ago, SHADOW116 said:

Hello, I have a question about ETS2. I want to run Pro Mods on the docker server. Is that possible and if so, how?

That should be possible since the container is not different like if you run the server on bare metal.

I can't help how to do it because I can only provide the basic functionality because I can't know how to mod every single game.

From a quick google search it should be pretty easy: Click

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

I really can't help here because I simply can't reproduce this issue... :(

If you know what the solution is then please keep me updated?

Have you yet tried to remove everything from the containers including the folders for the containers (of course create a backup in the first place)?

Yup, I even tried with a game I never have. It's really weird. 

On 2/7/2023 at 1:54 AM, ich777 said:

Please don't tell people wrong things, if you read the messages again you would know that it initializes just fine:

1. It found steamclient.so (which is needed for the API)
  2. It failed because it tried to quick to access the API
  3. And the last line says that it initialized successful

So to speak it is working, again please don't tell people wrong things, this messages appear on almost every game server, not only in my containers also on bare metal.

Do you have a log? The API is simply not the cause of the issue in your case, have you yet tried to add the server in the Steam Server Browser (in Steam View -> Server Browser -> Favorites -> Add) with your LAN IP.

I would first recommend getting it to work in your local network and after that you can try to reach it from outside and see it in the server list.

sorry i have been super busy with work lately! Thank you for pointing me in Spectral Force's direction he was super helpful and actually wrote something out on the topic that I was having trouble with and was super helpful! kudo's!  I will post the link just in case anybody else is having trouble getting there 7 days to die docker working, or run multiple 7 days to die dockers at the same time!  https://7dac.net/a-guide-on-how-to-install-ich777s-container-docker-on-an-unraid-server/

• Like 1

I am in need of some assistance with 2 things but for right now I will ask only one,  On a regular dedicated server usually you see the server logs but on a docker log it gives you no information what so ever which can be vital and  very valuable to know! This will  allow you to know if your mods or Overhaul is conflicting with anything.  The docker log simply just States connecting to steam and then the game is Launched, i need to see the actual server log but I am not sure how to use the unraid terminal to bring up these server logs if anybody has any info I would appreciate it!  I will attach A screenshot my server log  Below has an example of what I'm trying to see.   Once again super new to unraid and have no idea how to use terminal commands or access certain things in unraid.  Also if anybody knows a good link that explains most of the terminal commands please post.  But my server log is my main concern at the moment. 

Screenshot 2023-02-14 095910.png

3 hours ago, CoDizzle said:

The docker log simply just States connecting to steam and then the game is Launched, i need to see the actual server log but I am not sure how to use the unraid terminal to bring up these server logs if anybody has any info I would appreciate it!

Again, I would recommend that you ask this question on @Spectral Force's Discord.

But don't get me wrong, you are miss-understanding something here, the container logs that you see are the actual logs from the game server, they are just piped into the Docker log.

I don't know if the game server somewhere saves another debug log, but that's a question for Discord.

BTW, if the game server stores somewhere a debug log, then you can browse it through SAMBA, simply go to your appdata directory and open the 7dtd folder and you will find everything in there.

52 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Again, I would recommend that you ask this question on @Spectral Force's Discord.

But don't get me wrong, you are miss-understanding something here, the container logs that you see are the actual logs from the game server, they are just piped into the Docker log.

I don't know if the game server somewhere saves another debug log, but that's a question for Discord.

BTW, if the game server stores somewhere a debug log, then you can browse it through SAMBA, simply go to your appdata directory and open the 7dtd folder and you will find everything in there.

53 minutes ago, ich777 said:

So I want to thank you once again, you've been a great help and I can tell that you're very knowledgeable of almost everything on here.  I hope that I two one day myself gain all that knowledge, but right now it's all brand new to me.  Thanks to you I found where the logs are, they were staring me right in the face the whole time, but at the same time I was looking for them in real time, unfortunately I have no idea what SAMBA is, But I would really like to know,  Sorry such a noob  And that's with hours of YouTube under my belt already, The logs were in the location that you specified.  I found them under.  user>appdata>7dtd-dizzleland>7DaysToDie_Data>output_log.txt

Hi @ich777 - having trouble with the stock ARMA3 docker (i.e. nothing changed other than adding username/pass for steam). Essentially, it won't start up. It seems to pull down all the relevant files, but I can't see why it's not hosting. The container itself is running, but the sever just seems to be in an infinite loop of not starting up. Additionally, it's tough to get any logs - when I open the container live logs, it goes for a few seconds and then the windows closed itself. All i have managed to do is get a screenshot just a second before it closes (attached). It shouldn't be a port issue - everything is forward correctly and not already used. It's not a steam login issue - using an account with no steamguard (plus I think I see in the logs that it logs in OK.) Is it possible something was updated since the container was made?

logs.png

8 hours ago, CouchPawTayTow said:

It's not a steam login issue - using an account with no steamguard (plus I think I see in the logs that it logs in OK.) Is it possible something was updated since the container was made?

Unlikely that anything changed, the container seems to run fine and also the game server seems to be started too?

Are you trying to connect through your local IP or your Public IP? I would recommend trying to first connect with your Public IP and then start troubleshooting further. I've seen that hair pin NAT not always working correctly for some users.

Did you change anything in the template besides adding your Steam credentials?

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Unlikely that anything changed, the container seems to run fine and also the game server seems to be started too?

Are you trying to connect through your local IP or your Public IP? I would recommend trying to first connect with your Public IP and then start troubleshooting further. I've seen that hair pin NAT not always working correctly for some users.

Did you change anything in the template besides adding your Steam credentials?

I've since made a little progress. Didn't change anything from the first time (besides credentials, I just set validate = true), just removed and reinstalled. It shows up in the ARMA launcher servers list - that's where I connected to it - it loads up all the way to the mission selection, but then it crashed when it gets to the next - mission loading - screen. And now I'm back to the same loop as before. Tried stop/start/restarting, but no dice. Doesn't appear to be a CPU lockup either. And again - no logs as the window just kill itself after a short time (which I assumed to mean the docker was stopping/restarting?).

1 hour ago, CouchPawTayTow said:

(which I assumed to mean the docker was stopping/restarting?)

Yes.

it loads up all the way to the mission selection, but then it crashed when it gets to the next - mission loading - screen

But one mission does work?

And now I'm back to the same loop as before.

Please try to add this variable in the template and see if it makes a difference:

grafik.png.82c89b04188c66d106719bd6ecbedda1.png

On what hardware do you run the container?

EDIT: Please set validation to false or to nothing! This is only meant if you got issues updating the container.