[Support] Linuxserver.io - Jellyfin

1 minute ago, Thedinotamer said:

But we're on the linuxserver.io support thread...

you're right.
Since i'm following this thread, I must have switched to the Hotio container at some point, but I don't remember when and why.
In any case, I think the linuxserver container should also allow using the iGPU for transcoding with the settings I sent you.

1 minute ago, mjeshurun said:

you're right.
Since i'm following this thread, I must have switched to the Hotio container at some point, but I don't remember when and why.
In any case, I think the linuxserver container should also allow using the iGPU for transcoding with the settings I sent you.

But how should I do that? What should I write where? Screenshot2024-05-06170757.png.3a3c60c7523b874ed62722db1c6bf778.png

12 minutes ago, mjeshurun said:

For me transcoding is working with an intel iGPU using the method I mentioned with the Hotio Jellyfin container.
What intel CPU gen are you using?

I have an i5 8400, aka 8th generation intel using the LGA 1151 socket

8 minutes ago, Thedinotamer said:

I have an i5 8400, aka 8th generation intel using the LGA 1151 socket

Should be supported on Unraid.

You can try to install the Hotio Jellyfin container and see if that works.

As you can see, transcoding works for me.Screenshot2024-05-06at20_24_42.thumb.png.853da3a84c2dc279291b4b23bcb4c2f4.png

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, mjeshurun said:

Should be supported on Unraid.

You can try to install the Hotio Jellyfin container and see if that works.

As you can see, transcoding works for me.Screenshot2024-05-06at20_24_42.thumb.png.853da3a84c2dc279291b4b23bcb4c2f4.png

I'd rather keep using the linuxserver image cause i've setup jellyseerr and the other arr apps how they should be according to trash guides and everything else is working perfectly right now except subtitles. Is there nothing else I can do? I have the "Intel_GPU_TOP" plugin and "GPU Statistics" plugin installed and tried putting --device=/dev/dri in "Extra Parameters" with no success

Edited by Thedinotamer
4 minutes ago, Thedinotamer said:

I'd rather keep using the linuxserver image cause i've setup jellyseerr and the other arr apps how they should be according to trash guides and everything else is working perfectly right now except subtitles. Is there nothing else I can do? I have the "Intel_GPU_TOP" plugin and "GPU Statistics" plugin installed and tried putting --device=/dev/dri in "Extra Parameters" with no success

Wish I could help, but I don't have any more ideas.

Posted (edited)

One small point from a newbie, so take it for what it’s worth. Make sure to add the double dash “- -“ (no spaces or quotes) before the statement under ‘extra parameters’ I don’t see the dashes in your screenshot. 
Add --device=/dev/dri to Docker container's Extra Parameters.

Hope this helps. 

Edited by marlin
Clarification
7 minutes ago, marlin said:

One small point from a newbie, so take it for what it’s worth. Make sure to add the double dash “- -“ (no spaces or quotes) before the statement under ‘extra parameters’ I don’t see the dashes in your screenshot. 
Add --device=/dev/dri to Docker container's Extra Parameters.

Hope this helps. 

I did put two - before the command, it’s just a bit weirdly formatted so if you look after the word “putting“, that’s where the command started

I need help

I had jellyfin up and running for the last souple of years without issues.

Today I updated to Jellyfin 10.9 and something happened (maybe during the update) but my docker fails to run (runs and the stops) with "address in use" in docker log.

So I removed/deleted the docker, restarted the server (power cycle) and tried to reinstall the docker but no get error during install.

Here is the result of the docker install

image.thumb.png.90aa7b501a7505ecbb805bf7906c98cf.png

The existing allocatted docker ports are below - see no Jellyfin (as it is not installed yet)

image.thumb.png.b8978bb78b475986607717b6310909ef.png

What is the problem?

18 hours ago, clowncracker said:

The latest 10.9.0 update broke one of my plugins.  What repo should I use to go back to  10.8.13-1-ls10?  The repo in the docker is currently: lscr.io/linuxserver/jellyfin

Same question... For me, though I get no errors in the log, I can't access jellyfin anymore, nor can I discover it on the network.

Hi all,

I just started using Unraid and Jellyfin. I have already setup jellyfin docker in my system. Once I want to play a video, I got the following error. I'm not sure how I could solve it. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Many thanks.

Error message: "This client isn't compatible with the media and the server isn't sending a compatible media format."

2 hours ago, Krakout said:

Same question... For me, though I get no errors in the log, I can't access jellyfin anymore, nor can I discover it on the network.

I ended up changing the repo to lscr.io/linuxserver/jellyfin:10.8.13-1-ls10 and restored jellyfin from a backup I made last week.  Solved the issue.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, isvein said:

Is it just for me that the boot of this container stops for around 10min at this point?

[INF] [1] Jellyfin.Networking.Manager.NetworkManager: Filtered subnets: []

I updated yesterday and, although status was Running, I couldn't access it for a few minutes. Maybe it's the same thing?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to create docker tags for sub-versions rather than just specific sub-sub-versions?

Meaning a catch-all tag for 10.9 would get 10.9.0, 10.9.1, etc... as they are released. This means you could mostly target a specific API and feature foundation and get your regular bug fixes as well.

I know Jellyfin isn't very good at not causing breaking conceptual changes even at dot-dot releases, but I suck a lot at manually updating and this way it'd be a happy middle-ground of bug fixes coming in soonish and not sitting on an old build for too long but also not updating before I clear that a point-release works with my accompanying tools.