Nothing wrong with that drive, looks good to me

Sent from my 22021211RG using Tapatalk

Thanks, are these lines a matter? I found these on the detailed report

== Disk /dev/sdd has NOT been successfully precleared

== Postread detected un-expected non-zero bytes on disk==

Edited by winglam
  • 6 months later...
23 minutes ago, sunwind said:

Is this still the way to preclear? seems awfully convoluted I was hoping it might just be a few gui clicks.

Preclears are no longer required to add the drive to your array. The UI will clear the drive for you. If you want to test a new drive by running a few cycles then this is probably the easiest way. It really is just a few clicks.

3 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Preclears are no longer required to add the drive to your array. The UI will clear the drive for you. If you want to test a new drive by running a few cycles then this is probably the easiest way. It really is just a few clicks.

oh ok thanks. I was actually wanting to 'preclear' some 8 year old drives and see what happened because they may be dying I'm not sure, what else could I do to sort of stress them and see if they fail?

21 minutes ago, sunwind said:

oh ok thanks. I was actually wanting to 'preclear' some 8 year old drives and see what happened because they may be dying I'm not sure, what else could I do to sort of stress them and see if they fail?

You’ll need to delete whatever partitions are on them using UD+ and then you should see a preclear icon. Once you select it you’ll get options for how many cycles and how often you want notifications.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, CyberMew said:

Hi, I just noticed that the container size is 1.31GB, is this normal?

this image contains a full ui so yeah its large.

30 minutes ago, CyberMew said:

And how can I remove the docker fully without affecting anything else?

simple - left click the container and select 'remove' make sure also remove image is ticked and then click on 'yes delete it'.

• 8 months later...

For anyone interested, the below is the minimum required to run this container using docker-compose, based off the example docker command from the repo. You can modify it easily to use traefik or another reverse proxy instead of accessing directly by port. Change $CONTDIR to wherever you want to store the logs.

preclear:
    container_name: preclear
    image: ghcr.io/binhex/arch-preclear:latest
    restart: unless-stopped
    privileged: true
    ports:
      - 5900:5900
      - 6080:6080
    environment:
      - WEBPAGE_TITLE=Preclear
      - VNC_PASSWORD=mypassword
      - ENABLE_STARTUP_SCRIPTS=yes
      - UMASK=000
      - PUID=0
      - PGID=0
    volumes:
      - $CONTDIR/preclear/config:/config
      - /boot/config/disk.cfg:/unraid/config/disk.cfg:ro
      - /boot/config/super.dat:/unraid/config/super.dat:ro
      - /var/local/emhttp/disks.ini:/unraid/emhttp/disks.ini:ro
      - /usr/local/sbin/mdcmd:/unraid/mdcmd:ro
      - /dev/disk/by-id:/unraid/disk/by-id:ro
      - /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/dynamix.cfg:/unraid/config/plugins/dynamix/dynamix.cfg:ro
      - /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf:/unraid/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf:ro
      - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro

Edited by nearcatch
  • 3 months later...
On 12/8/2021 at 5:34 AM, betaman said:

So I just went to check on my preclear and the VNC remote screen looks like attached. How do I know if it’s still running? It’s as if there’s a terminal window oversized on my screen but I can’t scroll to see any command line?

Edit: So I can see from main UnRAID screen the disk is still being written to as it was in the zeroing phase. I just can’t get the terminal window to show up?

Edit 2: So I managed to get the terminal window back but no idea what I did exactly. I was trying to set different scaling options to see if that would work but no change.  I pinched the screen (working on an iPad) and it was back. Prior I was using AnyDesk on my Windows vm to check progress. Perhaps the combination of pinching between the two caused it?? 

44F7CB5B-560D-4BD2-8C02-4C6EB6010A11.jpeg

Well, 2.5 yrs later and I have the same issue...ugh. Will check the ipad to see if I can get it back there.