[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

10 minutes ago, ArxKnight said:

Hi, I am hitting an issue that Lancache Pre-Fill only seems to fill up to 1.10TB out of a 4TB SSD. Then it looks like it is overwriting anything that was the oldest to save space. My guess is there is some limit to the size of the maximum amount of data it will download before resorting to overwriting old data.

Sorry but that is not related to prefill, this is related to LANCache itself.

Prefill is only "downloading" the game so that LANCache itself can pick it up, you have to create a post in the LANCache support thread since this is a configuration issue with LANCache.

• Thanks 1
On 4/20/2023 at 2:19 AM, ss1gohan13 said:

@ich777

I think i have hit some kind of storage limit in the LANCache container? Perhaps a setting I'm missing?

I'm cached about 1.08TB worth of data and since that point, the dir has not increased in storage capacity. Is there a setting that I need to apply to increase the LANCache size amount?

Thank you,

EDIT:

I think i figured it out. I had to modify the LANCache container itself to include an additional variable to increase the cache size

If anyone else comes across this (and my google - fu is terrible) with the LANCache container from lancachenet/monolithic you can modify the container to add a variable. Add in:

CACHE_DISK_SIZE=(Amount desired)  e.g. CACHE_DISK_SIZE=20000000m

Hey, thanks @ss1gohan13 for this info. I'm not sure if I set it correctly but let me know if you can see anything wrong with this? I've tried to set it to 8TB

image.png

Edited by ArxKnight
25 minutes ago, ArxKnight said:

I'm not sure if I set it correctly but let me know if you can see anything wrong with this? I've tried to set it to 8TB

I won't recommend doing it like that since that can lead to other issues if you exceed the physical size from your cache disk, again I really can't help with that because I don't use the template for Unraid from LANCache.

You can read more about the environment variables from LANCache here (please note that you can set it also to Gigabytes) :

https://lancache.net/docs/containers/monolithic/variables/

Please post your question in the LANCache support thread/GitHub.

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I won't recommend doing it like that since that can lead to other issues if you exceed the physical size from your cache disk, again I really can't help with that because I don't use the template for Unraid from LANCache.

You can read more about the environment variables from LANCache here (please note that you can set it also to Gigabytes) :

Hey, thanks. I have changed it to GB (g) and I'm keeping it at 8TB as I will be adding another 4TB SSD to the pool today so that share will be a total of 8TB, therefore not going over the physically available maximum.

I also made a post about this to the devs of the Lancache container in hopes they will add it to the template for people to be able to set it more easily if they require setting it larger than the default 1TB - https://github.com/lancachenet/monolithic/issues/196 .

On 8/14/2024 at 6:44 AM, Mattaton said:

So there's still some timezone issue with LuckyBackup. It definitely wants to live in CET/CEST and has a lot of holes in timezone translation.

CRON has my profile run at the correct time according to the modified time on the log files (6am EDT). But LuckyBackup interface says it ran in the future +6 hours at 12 noon today (It's currently 9:45am EDT).

Screenshot2024-08-14093125.png.f7be963d7beb8164b6e820e43b76acab.png

Interface says 12:02:47 PM EDT, the logs also say that time, but with CEST timezone (which is technically correct).

Screenshot2024-08-14094022.png.a08476ceee72359910c5e5e7f3d5bd38.png

What makes things more interesting is that if I run the profile manually, the interface shows the accurate time EDT. So the interface shows the incorrect time only when CRON triggers the profile. Not sure what the log files will show as the logs for individual tasks have not a single mention of the date and time it ran (which I find odd).

Accurate when triggered manually:

Screenshot2024-08-15065718.png.601686df4351c97d71477d13685cd507.png

Not sure if there's anything that can be done about this. The backups are working and running when I want them to, so this is a minor annoyance. This is certainly better than the 6 hour offset I had back in January where I had to subtract 6 hours on the CRON time to get it to run when I actually wanted.

I was just noticing this the other day.  If you go into the console for the docker and run date, it shows my correct time, so the docker at least knows the right time.  But I can't for the life of me figure out why the cron jobs are showing the deep rooted CET/CEST timezone.

For me what threw me off was when I was trying to restore a backup and the time was off and I started to get worried things were running in the middle of the day which lead me down this rabbit hole of confirming that even though it shows the time wrong on the manage backups section, it is running at what ever time you're putting in when you set it up.  

I'm not sure if this can be looked into, or if this can be changed, or if it really matters.  My guess is it has something to do with the /etc/localtime not being updated.  Maybe because timedatectl isn't available to it doesn't update to the local time?

cron.jpg

On 7/28/2024 at 12:57 PM, VvLin-61 said:

@ich777

Hello, your microsoft-edge Docker setup is really great. I have a small issue: I want to use an Unraid script to schedule the stopping and starting of the Edge Docker container. Whenever I use docker stop to stop the container, and then use docker start to restart it, it doesn't automatically access the homepage. Even though I’ve set Edge to open a specific page on startup, it still defaults to a new tab. However, if I manually close the browser before stopping the container, the next time it starts, it correctly accesses the specified page.

Is there a suitable command to ensure the browser is not unintentionally closed, or a command that allows accessing a specific URL? curl doesn’t work for this purpose. I would greatly appreciate your help with this.

On 7/29/2024 at 2:47 AM, ich777 said:

I have to look into this since this is not the intended use case.

Hello, may I ask if there's a way to access a specific webpage with Docker Edge through parameters or commands?

30 minutes ago, VvLin-61 said:

Hello, may I ask if there's a way to access a specific webpage with Docker Edge through parameters or commands?

Sorry, I haven't got time yet to look into that... This is still on my todo list.

Solution below this post...

On 8/16/2024 at 11:37 AM, mellow65 said:

I was just noticing this the other day.  If you go into the console for the docker and run date, it shows my correct time, so the docker at least knows the right time.  But I can't for the life of me figure out why the cron jobs are showing the deep rooted CET/CEST timezone.

For me what threw me off was when I was trying to restore a backup and the time was off and I started to get worried things were running in the middle of the day which lead me down this rabbit hole of confirming that even though it shows the time wrong on the manage backups section, it is running at what ever time you're putting in when you set it up.  

I'm not sure if this can be looked into, or if this can be changed, or if it really matters.  My guess is it has something to do with the /etc/localtime not being updated.  Maybe because timedatectl isn't available to it doesn't update to the local time?

Kinda confusing, isn't it? 😄 

I've found the only way to know for sure when it ran is to look at the modified date/time on the log file. Not the date/time in the file content, but the modified date/time of the file itself.

I don't know much about container development, but I think this stuff is largely out of @ich777 hands and comes down to how LuckyBackup handles the timezone fed to it by the container (or by the host system if it was run in a typical OS scenario). Seems like it sorta honors it, but in many ways it drops it or misinterprets/translates it.

I'm just glad I can get the CRON tasks to run when I set them to without having to translate the time (in my case, subtract 6 hours) I set the CRON to run just to get it to run when I want. It used to be that way, but this time it is letting me use my local time and it's working.

As long as it's running at the correct time, I guess it doesn't really matter. Just a little math and timezone translation to do if you need to look at logs, or the LB interface for that matter. It's annoying at most. Mostly it's just a set-it-and-forget-it thing. Just check every once in a while to make sure it's still working. I also went ahead and set up email if it hits an error.

Good to know I am not alone in the confusion, though. 🙂 

45 minutes ago, HolyLemon said:

@ich777I'm trying to get the rustdeskserver container to work but I have no idea what to do after installing it, any advice?

It is already maybe working.

What do you want to do with the container or better speaking the server? Make sure you forward all ports with the according protocol and you should be good to go.

On 8/16/2024 at 2:39 AM, ich777 said:

@ArxKnight

Lancache will now try to keep 10g of disk space free at all times, and if for any reason less than 10g is available it will start pruning on a LRU basis. This amount can be configured via environment variable, but the default should be fine.  This was added to avoid the exact issue you mentioned of filling up the disk accidentally. 

• Like 1
On 8/16/2024 at 2:47 AM, ArxKnight said:

Hey, thanks. I have changed it to GB (g) and I'm keeping it at 8TB as I will be adding another 4TB SSD to the pool today so that share will be a total of 8TB, therefore not going over the physically available maximum.

I also made a post about this to the devs of the Lancache container in hopes they will add it to the template for people to be able to set it more easily if they require setting it larger than the default 1TB - https://github.com/lancachenet/monolithic/issues/196 .

Just a heads up, the lancache template in the app store isn't maintained by the lancache team, someone else uploaded it. I'm no sure who is the owner of it, but they would have to update it instead 

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I seem to have something wrong with my Photoprism instances. I created two separate ones (one for me, one for my mom) and so far have everything separated from each other from what I can tell. Recently however it seems the sidecar files are being lost or damaged. All the previews start appearing with a broken image file - although the original image is still untouched. 

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 11.35.43 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 11.53.18 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 11.53.31 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 11.54.15 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 11.54.23 AM.png

Im having to clear-cache every time between prefills since yesterday or Steam will not connect. Completely wiped the corresponding appdata folder and template then setup again but to no avail. All 3 Lancache Containers are running on br0 with the correct IP's. If anybody has some idea of whats going on, do let me know.

grafik.thumb.png.780413dad524edcf95979c864e5dcea7.png

Edited by PR3M4X
On 8/25/2024 at 8:54 PM, spacedavid said:

I seem to have something wrong with my Photoprism instances.

Sorry, I completely forgot about that message.

Sadly enough I don't maintain the template for PhotoPrism anymore the new support thread is here:

(it's also based on the official container so to speak the same container that my template was based on)

5 hours ago, PR3M4X said:

Im having to clear-cache every time between prefills since yesterday or Steam will not connect. Completely wiped the corresponding appdata folder and template then setup again but to no avail. All 3 Lancache Containers are running on br0 with the correct IP's. If anybody has some idea of whats going on, do let me know.

Please report that on the GitHub Issue tracker from @tpill90 over here.

I assume this is the same issue as you are reporting.

On 8/29/2024 at 1:46 AM, ich777 said:

Please report that on the GitHub Issue tracker from @tpill90 over here.

I assume this is the same issue as you are reporting.

@ich777 An update has been pushed to the main tpill90 repo that fixes this issue. Im just now noticing that the most recent version from the tpill90 repo is 2.7.0 and this container is running version 2.2.2 which is pretty old. Do you think we could get this container updated to the newest version to help address this issue? I would attempt to update it myself but im not well versed in docker.

*EDIT* Nevermind im stupid. After reading through how your container works I realized I misunderstood what the "Check for Prefill updates" variable did , i thought that updated the prefilled games, but I now realize its for container updates to the prefill docker images for the latest app version.

Edited by mega
fixed my own problem
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, goeste said:

An update to the latest version from @tpill90 would be very much appreciated, @ich777.

You should really read the post above yours or at least the description from the container and go through the variables in the template:
grafik.png.9ff5afed58fb90d7ed0edee991d2c41a.png

grafik.thumb.png.274503f56b2fb51910b58eac4f65c241.png

My containers work differently and they are self maintaining, so to speak, make sure the variable above is set to true (which it is by default), the container will then check each start up if a newer version from prefill is available.

If it doesn't pull the update, please provide the logs from the container.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ich777 said:

You should really read the post above yours or at lest the description from the container and go through the variables in the template:
grafik.png.9ff5afed58fb90d7ed0edee991d2c41a.png

grafik.thumb.png.274503f56b2fb51910b58eac4f65c241.png

My containers work differently and they are self maintaining, so to speak, make sure the variable above is set to true (which it is by default), the container will then check each start up if a newer version from prefill is available.

If it doesn't pull the update, please provide the logs from the container.

Sorry @ich777 and thank you for maintaining such great containers!!

• Like 1

Enjoy using luckybackup been working great till changes by email providers. Now I have to use an app password to authenticate but sendemil command won't allow the character "" to be used to add a password with spaces. Any workarounds or suggested to get my email notifications working again ? Using a gmail account