[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

I have luckybackup setup following this guide: https://unraid.net/blog/unraid-server-backups-with-luckybackup

The RSA on the backupserver side should be here: /root/.ssh/

I configured Luckybackup and everything is working fine. Since my backupserver is not always on, after a restart, Luckybackup was asking for a password, for the tasks that used to work with the id_rsa without problems. What could the restart of the server have caused the id_rsa not to work anymore?

18 minutes ago, TallMan206 said:

The RSA on the backupserver side should be here: /root/.ssh/

That is not correct, it should be always be in /luckybackup/.ssh/ not in /root/.ssh, the tutorial that I linked for you in the other thread is valid both for root and non root usage:

You always have to put/use the keys in /lockybackup/.ssh

16 minutes ago, TallMan206 said:

Hi, thanks for the thread and information. How come I do not have that .ssh folder inside of my luckybackup folder?

Because it's a hidden folder you won't see it.

Did you follow the tutorial that I've linked, it's described how to get the keys there, you usually do this from the terminal.

16 minutes ago, TallMan206 said:

SOLVED: run the luckybackup docker with privileged on

Is it now solved?

Checking out RustDesk, Thank you for the container @ich777 please advise.

So, the key settings in Unraid for both HBBS_PARAMS and HBBR_PARAMS would be:

--key YOUR_ACTUAL_PUBLIC_KEY_HERE

You do not need the underscore ( _ ). You should replace ( _ ) with the actual contents of your id_ed#####.pub file?

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Because it's a hidden folder you won't see it.

Did you follow the tutorial that I've linked, it's described how to get the keys there, you usually do this from the terminal.

Is it now solved?

Yes, got everything to work. Thank you so much for the help. 

Maybe you can add to the text that the rsa key needs to be copied To the backuoserver. I manually copied the rsa key value to my backuoserver (from the main server where luckybackup is running on

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Tolete said:

You do not need the underscore ( _ ). You should replace ( _ ) with the actual contents of your id_ed#####.pub file?

The underscore ( _ ) is actually the indication for RustDesk that it knows it should use the Key, you don't need to put in your full key.

In the default configurations only connections with the key are allowed with my container template for Unraid.

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The underscore ( _ ) is actually the indication for RustDesk that it knows it should use the Key, you don't need to put in your full key.

In the default configurations only connections with the key are allowed with my container template for Unraid.

Thank you for that clarification.

"Additionally TCP ports 21118 and 21119 can be opened if you want to use the RustDesk Web Client."

is there a webgui?

1 minute ago, Tolete said:

is there a webgui?

Nope, this was just an oversight that I haven't fixed yet, you don't need to open those ports.

The Webinterface is only available for the Paid RustDesk version which my container is not compatible with.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Nope, this was just an oversight that I haven't fixed yet, you don't need to open those ports.

The Webinterface is only available for the Paid RustDesk version which my container is not compatible with.

Would Cloudflare Tunnel work to avoid opening ports. 

http://SERVERIPADDRESS:21115 > rustdesk.mydomain.com

Then connecting RustDesk clients, use rustdesk.mydomain.com as the server address, so traffic is routed through the Cloudflare Tunnel?

16 minutes ago, Tolete said:

Then connecting RustDesk clients, use rustdesk.mydomain.com as the server address, so traffic is routed through the Cloudflare Tunnel?

Sorry I can't help with that since I don't use Cloudflare but I assume so.

19 hours ago, TallMan206 said:

Yes, got everything to work. Thank you so much for the help. 

Maybe you can add to the text that the rsa key needs to be copied To the backuoserver. I manually copied the rsa key value to my backuoserver (from the main server where luckybackup is running on

I'm sorry. After a restart of both servers, LuckyBackup asks again for the openSSH password.

Main server: 192.168.100.30: there I putted the rsa inside of luckybackup. 

Backupserver is the 192.168.100.40 where I copied the rsa key to from my Main server. 

I think is has to do that the authorized keys are being overwritten at reboot. 

image.png.01b1823a71874c2c2369276499d265ce.png

image.png

Edited by TallMan206
added reboot line
8 minutes ago, TallMan206 said:

I'm sorry. After a restart of both servers, LuckyBackup asks again for the openSSH password.

To what path is the Data Directory set in the Docker template:

grafik.png.65dc645199fb6d5218174e68c5ec278d.png

Please note that if it's set to /mnt/cache/... then you have to make sure that the Mover is set to take no action for the appdata share in the Share settings, otherwise the container will search for the data on the cache when the Mover already transfered it to the Array.

You have two options:

1. Set the Mover to take no action for the appdata share in the Share settings and that the Primary storage is set to Cache and no secondary storage is set <- I would recommend doing that for the appdata share anyways because this directory is usually where all your data for your containers
  2. Change the path in the template to /mnt/user/... <- with that the container will find the data regardless where it is stored

Please choose only one of the methods listed above

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, ich777 said:

To what path is the Data Directory set in the Docker template:

grafik.png.65dc645199fb6d5218174e68c5ec278d.png

Please note that if it's set to /mnt/cache/... then you have to make sure that the Mover is set to take no action for the appdata share in the Share settings, otherwise the container will search for the data on the cache when the Mover already transfered it to the Array.

You have two options:

1. Set the Mover to take no action for the appdata share in the Share settings and that the Primary storage is set to Cache and no secondary storage is set <- I would recommend doing that for the appdata share anyways because this directory is usually where all your data for your containers
  2. Change the path in the template to /mnt/user/... <- with that the container will find the data regardless where it is stored

Please choose only one of the methods listed above

Hi,

My appdata is on a separate pool, ssd-pool, where all appdata is stored. Nothing is moving from there to the array/cache. It's an RAID-Z1 pool of three 1TB SSD's. The folder inside of the luckybackup where the rsa is in, is still there (Mainserver)
The problem is the backupserver. The autorized keys seems to dissapear after restart

I'm following this tutorial now to see if the key finally persist

Edited by TallMan206
Added tutorial
  • Confused 1
4 minutes ago, TallMan206 said:

Just follow the link, it is still working:

Sorry but this is a completely stupid workaround and not necessary!

This solves an issue which simply isn't there if you set it up correctly.

The container works as long as you follow the tutorial that I've linked not the blog post.

Please note that the tutorial I've linked is working as is for me and for many others.

In my case for instance my backup server is always offline as long as I trigger the backup manually.

Sorry to say that but there must be some other weird configuration issue on your side.

Hello!

I have launched the ich777/thunderbird container on my Synology DS220+. Is there a way to access the Thunderbird profile folder for backup? Can I transfer this folder to another device? Or perhaps there is another better way to back up my mail in Thunderbird?

On 9/9/2024 at 11:39 AM, ich777 said:

Sorry but this is a completely stupid workaround and not necessary!

This solves an issue which simply isn't there if you set it up correctly.

The container works as long as you follow the tutorial that I've linked not the blog post.

Please note that the tutorial I've linked is working as is for me and for many others.

In my case for instance my backup server is always offline as long as I trigger the backup manually.

Sorry to say that but there must be some other weird configuration issue on your side.

Hi ich777, I'm sorry, I followed your guide and maybe I did something wrong or I just don't understand well what you are doing, but I could not get it to work. 

Escpecially the part where you make a testfile local is where I am missing the point. As I wrote, the root/.ssh folder on my target server, seems to be emptied every start, and therefore the source server is not allowed to connect to the target server. 

27 minutes ago, TallMan206 said:

the root/.ssh folder on my target server, seems to be emptied every start, and therefore the source server is not allowed to connect to the target server.

Please remove the script that you just installed and we can further troubleshoot...

You mean on the host so to speak Unraid itself correct? On what Unraid version are you?

55 minutes ago, alex234 said:

I have launched the ich777/thunderbird container on my Synology DS220+. Is there a way to access the Thunderbird profile folder for backup? Can I transfer this folder to another device? Or perhaps there is another better way to back up my mail in Thunderbird?

That depends on how you mounted the data directory, did you mount it into a volume or did you do a bind mount like it is mentioned in the run example on GitHub?

I'm not too familiar with Synology but it should be of course be possible to backup the whole folder if you did a bind mount to a folder on your Synology.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

That depends on how you mounted the data directory, did you mount it into a volume or did you do a bind mount like it is mentioned in the run example on GitHub?

I'm not too familiar with Synology but it should be of course be possible to backup the whole folder if you did a bind mount to a folder on your Synology.

Сontainer did not have write permissions to the mounted folder. Therefore, it was empty and i asked the question without understanding it. Now the permissions issue has been resolved and I see the Thunderbird profile folder.
Thank you!

• Like 1

Hello @ich777

my LanCache-Prefill Docker Container does not connect to Steam anymore:

[12:54:37 PM] Already disconnected from Steam
SteamPrefill.Models.Exceptions.SteamConnectionException: Timeout connecting to Steam...  Try again in a few moments
  at void SteamPrefill.Handlers.Steam.Steam3Session.ConnectToSteam()
  at void SteamPrefill.Handlers.Steam.Steam3Session.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<<LoginToSteamAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()
  at void Spectre.Console.Status.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<<StartAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext() in Status.cs:79
  at void Spectre.Console.Status.<>c__DisplayClass17_0`1.<<StartAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext() in Status.cs:120
  at void Spectre.Console.Progress.<>c__DisplayClass28_0`1.<<StartAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext() in Progress.cs:133
  at async Task<T> Spectre.Console.Internal.DefaultExclusivityMode.RunAsync<T>(Func<Task<T>> func) in DefaultExclusivityMode.cs:40
  at async Task<T> Spectre.Console.Progress.StartAsync<T>(Func<ProgressContext, Task<T>> action) in Progress.cs:116
  at async Task<T> Spectre.Console.Status.StartAsync<T>(string status, Func<StatusContext, Task<T>> func) in Status.cs:117
  at async Task Spectre.Console.Status.StartAsync(string status, Func<StatusContext, Task> action) in Status.cs:77
  at async Task SteamPrefill.Handlers.Steam.Steam3Session.LoginToSteamAsync()
  at async Task SteamPrefill.SteamManager.InitializeAsync()
  at async ValueTask SteamPrefill.CliCommands.SelectAppsCommand.ExecuteAsync(IConsole console)
  at async ValueTask<int> CliFx.CliApplication.RunAsync(ApplicationSchema applicationSchema, CommandInput commandInput) in CliApplication.cs:148
  at async ValueTask<int> CliFx.CliApplication.RunAsync(IReadOnlyList<string> commandLineArguments, IReadOnlyDictionary<string, string> environmentVariables) in CliApplication.cs:190
  at async ValueTask<int> CliFx.CliApplication.RunAsync(IReadOnlyList<string> commandLineArguments) in CliApplication.cs:202
  at async Task<int> SteamPrefill.Program.Main()

The Version in this Docker is 2.5 but the official version ist newer (2.7.). Can this be a reason for connecting problems?

Best regards,

Chris

1 minute ago, Shantarius said:

The Version in this Docker is 2.5 but the official version ist newer (2.7.). Can this be a reason for connecting problems?

Please enable this option in the Docker template:

grafik.thumb.png.c792c440bf5e65b00af59b938551582d.png

This will check for Updates on each start from the container. After enabling this look at the log and see if it actually pulled the update.

• Like 1
On 9/10/2024 at 3:35 PM, ich777 said:

Please remove the script that you just installed and we can further troubleshoot...

You mean on the host so to speak Unraid itself correct? On what Unraid version are you?

Hi, I've removed that script. I am on Unraid 7 beta2. But the problem already existed on 6.12.13. 

Anyway, it seems to keep working now, even after some reboots (to try) my issue has been resolved. 

Thanks for the help

Edited by TallMan206
  • Like 1