[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers


ich777

1109 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Hi there, Hope this is the right question in the right place :-).

 

Is there a sense and a was to configure HTTPS on the Thunderbird app?

 

Thanks, Uno

Link to post
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In all my templates (at least in the ones that I don't forget to set it... ) the settings are never automatically changed and everything is up to the user...   Eventually because the temp

For the PhotoPrism docker you should add in options for using mysql isntead of sqlite since the built in sqlite is horrible with performance and getting itself "locked" causing issues.   Her

Dockers Available so far:   DirSyncPro: very strong synchronization tool that's highly customizable and schedulable (Docker comes with WebGUI, SMB, FTP & WebDAV support and with encry

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Uno said:

Is there a sense and a was to configure HTTPS on the Thunderbird app?

Don't understand completely. Do you want to reach the container over the internet?

If you want to do this reverse proxy it with SWAG or Nginx Proxy Manager.

Link to post
Posted (edited)

Actually there's no need to access from outside, thanks.

 

I just wonder if there is any security concern by running containers without HTTPS within the own LAN.

Edited by Uno
Link to post
3 hours ago, Uno said:

I just wonder if there is any security concern by running containers without HTTPS within the own LAN.

No, on your internal network not.

 

You always can reverse proxy the containers and then access it with https in your local LAN but I see no benefit of doing this only if you have hackers in your local area network. :D

Link to post
On 5/13/2021 at 9:30 AM, ich777 said:

Doh... :D

 

Can it be that there something else is using port 5899?

AS said above nothing in my containers isnusing port 5899.

Your container is using httpport 5899 for vncserver. You'll need to add -httpport in start-server.sh in order to use more than 1 docker on same network :

 

vncserver -geometry ${CUSTOM_RES_W}x${CUSTOM_RES_H} -depth ${CUSTOM_DEPTH} :99 -rfbport ${RFB_PORT} -httpport ${HTTP_PORT} -noxstartup ${TURBOVNC_PARAMS} 2>/dev/null

It's working now.

Link to post
4 minutes ago, HpNoTiQ said:

It's working now.

I will look into this asap but from what I know the http port should be disabled by default.

 

5 minutes ago, HpNoTiQ said:

start-server.sh

You actually can create a variable with the key: 'TURBOVNC_PARAMS' and the value: '-securitytypes none -httpport 5900'

Then you don't have to edit the file in the container.

Link to post
22 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I will look into this asap but from what I know the http port should be disabled by default.

 

You actually can create a variable with the key: 'TURBOVNC_PARAMS' and the value: '-securitytypes none -httpport 5900'

Then you don't have to edit the file in the container.

Great, thus I won't have to manually editing it after rebuild!

Link to post
23 hours ago, HpNoTiQ said:

Great, thus I won't have to manually editing it after rebuild!

Please force an update of the container and try to remove the TURBOVNC_PARAMS variable again, have changed the Chrome container and now it should have no such collisions.

The other containers with VNC are currently rebuilding now (Dockerhub is really slow with the uploads today about 800KB/s... :/ )

Link to post

Hello,

I'm trying to run Stun-Turn-Server without success on nextcloud.
I have opened my ports on the box, I have a working certificate on Nginx and when I click on "test the server" I get the following error message "Error: No working ICE candidates returned for tcp by the TURN server"

What can I do to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance

Link to post
1 hour ago, boomscud said:

Hello,

I'm trying to run Stun-Turn-Server without success on nextcloud.
I have opened my ports on the box, I have a working certificate on Nginx and when I click on "test the server" I get the following error message "Error: No working ICE candidates returned for tcp by the TURN server"

What can I do to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance

You actually can test your server first here:

https://webrtc.github.io/samples/src/content/peerconnection/trickle-ice/

Can you reach it from there?

 

What ports have you forwarded? Have you changed anything in the template?

Link to post
On 5/15/2021 at 11:03 PM, ich777 said:

Please force an update of the container and try to remove the TURBOVNC_PARAMS variable again, have changed the Chrome container and now it should have no such collisions.

The other containers with VNC are currently rebuilding now (Dockerhub is really slow with the uploads today about 800KB/s... :/ )

It is working!

Link to post

JDownloader has been working marvellously. Until today. Now, when I try to start it I'm seeing:

 

EXECUTION ERROR

Server error.

 

I removed the docker and reinstalled it. Same result. Nothing appears to be showing up in the logs.

 

Any advice would be welcome.

 

-- 

Chris

 

 

Link to post
2 hours ago, bidmead said:

EXECUTION ERROR

Server error.

Where did you see that?

When you start the container in Unraid or am I wrong?

 

Could it be possible that you installed a second container with the same port as jDownloader2 assigned and now the container can't start because the port is allready assigned?

Link to post

You're spot on, @ich777. The clue was in installation log which was trying to warn me of a port conflict. The default port was already being used by calibre. I've now switched to 18080 and all is well.

 

Many thanks for the valuable lesson.

 

-- 

Chris

Link to post
3 minutes ago, boomscud said:

I can't

Can you please put the STUN-TURN server in bridge mode and test it with default settings?

I see you have it on a custom network what actually can cause problems.

Link to post
4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you please put the STUN-TURN server in bridge mode and test it with default settings?

I see you have it on a custom network what actually can cause problems.

it's ok but it work only in UDP

Link to post

Damn, jDownloader is defeating me again. I got it working when I set the port to one not previously assigned to another docker (always a good idea) and it was running fine.

 

But now VNC is telling me it can't connect to the server and I gather from the logs that I have an invalid or corrupt jdownloader.jar.

 

The only two changes I've made to the config files are to set the port to 18080 and change the local download to mnt/user/jDownloader/

 

--

Chris

Link to post
3 minutes ago, bidmead said:

The only two changes I've made to the config files are to set the port to 18080 and change the local download to mnt/user/jDownloader/

Can it be that your files are spread over multiple disks because you set the "Use Cache" option in the Share section to "Yes" and not to "Only" or "Prefer"?

 

4 minutes ago, bidmead said:

I have an invalid or corrupt jdownloader.jar.

I think the above is your answer but you can also delete the jdownloader.jar from the appdata directory and start the container again, but I would first check the above answer.

Link to post
Posted (edited)

Thanks for that, @ich777

 

My jDownloader directory is on a single device, which happens to be the cache drive. I'll investigate deleting the .jar file from the appdata directory and report back.

 

LATER THAT SAME EVENING

 

I seem to be in serious trouble. I tried to get to appdate using krusader but its WebUI is kaput too. So I'm using the krusader console. All I can find in /unraid_shares/appdata/ is syncthing. No sign of any other docker data there.

 

--

Chris

 

 

 

Edited by bidmead
additional info
Link to post
12 minutes ago, bidmead said:

Thanks for that, @ich777

 

My jDownloader directory is on a single device, which happens to be the cache drive. I'll investigate deleting the .jar file from the appdata directory and report back.

 

 

 

Eventually try to start over, delete the container and the directory for jDownloader in your appdata directory.

Link to post
On 4/25/2021 at 1:35 PM, ich777 said:

Things have changed a little bit since I'm switched to TurboVNC.

Please be sure to create the password first inside the container, to do that open up a terminal from the container (click on the container icon and on 'Console' then type in the following:

  1. su $USER
  2. vncpasswd
  3. ENTER YOUR PASSWORD TWO TIMES AND PRESS ENTER

 

After that close the terminal and edit the template and create a variable with the Key: 'TURBOVNC_PARAMS' and leave it empty like in this example:

grafik.thumb.png.e031fd7098ecbae738f8e4ec2e3f392a.png

 

Click on 'Apply' and connect again to the noVNC WebGUI, you should now be greeted with a password. :)

 

Hi! Thank you so much for your work on all of these.

I pulled the FireFox image today, and am very impressed! I love it!

Now, I'm trying to follow the above-quoted steps to password-secure the FireFox service.

However, at step 2 I'm receiving a

bash: vncpasswd: command not found

 

Spoiler

 

Since I can't seem to figure out how the "Insert image from URL" feature works on this forum, a screenshot can be found here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjLGzfPfc46kgqNYte-0J-pDwZyg1Q?e=867NXd

 

 

Are there any hints anyone can provide? Are there any preliminary instructions/documentation that I've missed?

 

Thank you!

Link to post
13 hours ago, geek_diruendis said:

Now, I'm trying to follow the above-quoted steps to password-secure the FireFox service.

Can you please tell my what you've did exactly?

Are you sure that you've opened up a console for the container itself, I tested it and I can create a password just fine with 'vncpasswd'

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.