[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers


ich777

1111 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

@ich777

 

Thanks very much for the owncast docker this is really interesting. A couple of questions

 

1. port 8080 is already being used for another docker. is it safe to just change this to another port in the template?

2. Is there a simple proxy-conf I can edit to use this docker with swag so I can use my own domain to reach the site?

Edited by enigma27
Link to post
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm currently looking into this and this will take some time since I'm really busy at the moment, the permission issue is actually because I tried a workaround and that did not fix it, anyways you can

Stop the container, delete the photoprism folder from your appdata directory and start it again.

For the PhotoPrism docker you should add in options for using mysql isntead of sqlite since the built in sqlite is horrible with performance and getting itself "locked" causing issues.   Her

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, enigma27 said:

1. port 8080 is already being used for another docker. is it safe to just change this to another port in the template?

Yes.

 

2 minutes ago, enigma27 said:

2. Is there a simple proxy-conf I can edit to use this docker with swag so I can use my own domain to reach the site?

Something like this should do the job:

 

server {
	listen 443 ssl;

	include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;
	include /config/nginx/error.conf;

	server_name servername.example.com;

	location / {
		proxy_pass http://IPFROMYOURSERVER:PORT;  

		proxy_set_header Range $http_range;
		proxy_set_header If-Range $http_if_range;
		proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
		proxy_set_header Host $host;
		proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

		proxy_http_version 1.1;
		proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
		proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
		}
}

 

Link to post

Thank you sir

 

I made a slight tweak to this as swag gave an error on a missing file in case anyone else wants to use it.

 

saved file as owncast.subdomain.conf

 

server {
	listen 443 ssl;

	include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;
	include /config/nginx/error.conf; <-- removed this as swag logs said the file was missing

	server_name owncast.*; <-- changed this as its seems to work same as other dockers

	location / {
		proxy_pass http://IPOFSERVER:PORT;  

		proxy_set_header Range $http_range;
		proxy_set_header If-Range $http_if_range;
		proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
		proxy_set_header Host $host;
		proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

		proxy_http_version 1.1;
		proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
		proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
		}
}

 

Link to post
On 4/8/2021 at 12:41 AM, ich777 said:

Eventually, in my case I haven't specified a port and it worked just fine where my ISP doesn't support connections over port 25.

 

That's really strange and interesting, because I also only use v4 and it is working without a problem.

 

No pressure on that, really appreciate the responses and the updates about your findings. :)

Finally got an opportunity to try some things.

- Putting the server to v4+v6 did not further the error

- Added "-o tls=yes" in the ARG line to try and force it to TLS and it did pop a new error indicating keys are not functioning.  

Due to the last error, and your ability to send email, I'm going to demise that it's something misconfigured or not configured on my system and the feature is functions (thanks for that!).  Mine is pretty much out of the box with only a few dockers/plugins/VMs for internal usage.  I've not setup remote access/administration so I've not had a need for nginx or any other similar type of remote tool.  I'm guessing something along this line needs setup in order to establish TLS connections.  Dockers do have internet access (like Emby, Plex, etc) so I know the bridge is working.  I'll need to do some system troubleshooting to see if I can figure this part out

 

Thank you so much for all your hard work, it is very much appreciated!

ed

Link to post
24 minutes ago, EdB said:

Added "-o tls=yes" in the ARG line to try and force it to TLS and it did pop a new error indicating keys are not functioning

Is the timezone correct on your server?

 

Open up a console and try to enter 'date'

Link to post

Hello ich777,

Thanks for the effort you are putting into these templates for the community!

I've been using your LuckyBackup for a bit of time now, and all throughout the time ive used it, i've been having issues with the cron jobs not running as expected. It seems like they work for a week and then just stop executing at all. 

It feels like it stops working if i dont open the GUI for too long, but thats honestly just my best guess.

 

I'd check the cron log, but not sure how to get to it in the container.

Is this something that has been seen before, and can someone give me a hand in getting it fixed? :) Thanks!

Link to post
21 minutes ago, Kris6673 said:

I'd check the cron log, but not sure how to get to it in the container.

Is this something that has been seen before, and can someone give me a hand in getting it fixed? :) Thanks!

I will look into this ASAP and report back, another user reported something similar and I thought I fixed it but as it seems not... :P

Please give me a few days for this.

Link to post
Just now, ich777 said:

I will look into this ASAP and report back, another user reported something similar and I thought I fixed it but as it seems not... :P

Please give me a few days for this.

If you need me to give you logs or anything else, please let me know i'll gladly provide! :)

Thanks for at quick response!

Link to post

Hi,

need help with the magicmirro2 docker. How to turn off logging? Mine is eating up my diskspace with its logs. So far arround 18GB... Want to delete them and turning off logging for that docker. Thanks for help!

Link to post
38 minutes ago, CyrusThe- said:

Hi,

need help with the magicmirro2 docker. How to turn off logging? Mine is eating up my diskspace with its logs. So far arround 18GB... Want to delete them and turning off logging for that docker. Thanks for help!

Can you please be a little bit lore specific? Which file does grow to that size and where is it located, do you also have screenshots? Eventually a plugin that doesn't work properly is causing this.

Link to post
42 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you please be a little bit lore specific? Which file does grow to that size and where is it located, do you also have screenshots? Eventually a plugin that doesn't work properly is causing this.

Mh did nothing other then restart the MagicMirror2 Docker. Now the Log is no longer 18GB in size. The Logfiles of MM did grow over the last weeks. I restarted unraid and the docker multible times. feels like the docker knew i would open a helpthread and deleted it it self. sorry for your time.

Unbenannt.JPG

Edited by CyrusThe-
Link to post
19 minutes ago, CyrusThe- said:

Mh did nothing other then restart the MagicMirror2 Docker. Now the Log is no longer 18GB in size. The Logfiles of MM did grow over the last weeks. I restarted unraid and the docker multible times. feels like the docker knew i would open a helpthread and deleted it it self. sorry for your time.

If it happens aigain please be sure to make a few screenshots and feel free to reach out to me again. ;)

Link to post
On 4/9/2021 at 11:25 PM, ich777 said:

Is the timezone correct on your server?

 

Open up a console and try to enter 'date'

Yes, correct date and time as well as the timezone.  However, I think my time management is not quite right for this docker.  If I run a scheduled task for a specific time on a specific day, it doesn't run until 19hours after that time (i.e. 2am executes at 9pm of the same day)

Link to post

i am unable to access the docker i keep getting this error after shutdown

 

/dirsyncpro/runtime/jre1.8.0_261/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries: libjli.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Link to post
5 hours ago, jace479 said:

/dirsyncpro/runtime/jre1.8.0_261/bin/java:

Please try to delete the 'runtime' folder in your DirSyncPro directory.

Link to post
On 4/10/2021 at 4:15 PM, Kris6673 said:

If you need me to give you logs or anything else, please let me know i'll gladly provide! :)

Thanks for at quick response!

Can you try to do a grafik.png.09a4a8268d8ca372f334f3ee0d93babb.png of container and try it again if it stops working after some time?

 

I have updated the container and it should hopefully work now.

Link to post
7 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you try to do a grafik.png.09a4a8268d8ca372f334f3ee0d93babb.png of container and try it again if it stops working after some time?

 

I have updated the container and it should hopefully work now.

Updated it. I'll not open the GUI and lets see if it runs tonight :) Thanks!
Is there a changelog or something of the changes you made somewhere?

Link to post
34 minutes ago, Kris6673 said:

Is there a changelog or something of the changes you made somewhere?

You can always visit my Github page but I don't keep track of minor things that I've changed to make something work again... :D

 

I try my best to keep everything up and most of the time I change only small things to make the containers more secure or fix minor bugs. :)

Link to post
On 4/14/2021 at 10:14 AM, ich777 said:

Can you try to do a grafik.png.09a4a8268d8ca372f334f3ee0d93babb.png of container and try it again if it stops working after some time?

 

I have updated the container and it should hopefully work now.

It didn't run at all, even after the update. Seems like the issue might still be there. I'll report back tomorrow if it still didn't run. :) 

Link to post
On 4/14/2021 at 10:14 AM, ich777 said:

Can you try to do a grafik.png.09a4a8268d8ca372f334f3ee0d93babb.png of container and try it again if it stops working after some time?

 

I have updated the container and it should hopefully work now.

Still didnt run. Sadly your fix does not seem to have worked. Can i do anything to help you figure it out? :) 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Kris6673 said:

Still didnt run. Sadly your fix does not seem to have worked. Can i do anything to help you figure it out? :) 

I will try it after the weekend on my own server.

Can you try to delete all cron jobs and create it again?

Link to post
9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I will try it after the weekend on my own server.

Can you try to delete all cron jobs and create it again?

Will do, want me to report back if it runs correctly tonight?

Link to post

Long time fan of your dockers.

I have been slowly moving everything possible over to dockers on the server and need to make some custom dockers to complete of putting everything on the server lol.

 

I found this dockerhub from you: https://hub.docker.com/r/ich777/novnc-baseimage

 

Are there any details about how to use this? This sound like exactly what I need to setup some dockers for programs that don't exist yet.

 

My immediate goal is to make a GUI docker for slic3r but the same should apply for a lot of other programs I think.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.