[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers


ich777

1111 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Hyperion said:

exact same network.

Can you try to enter: YOURLOCALIP:8080 if there shows up a site?

 

The site that should show up is:

grafik.png.7ca9f4933bc471e776cf59803517c513.png

 

If not then there is some other kind of network error.

Link to post
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm currently looking into this and this will take some time since I'm really busy at the moment, the permission issue is actually because I tried a workaround and that did not fix it, anyways you can

Stop the container, delete the photoprism folder from your appdata directory and start it again.

For the PhotoPrism docker you should add in options for using mysql isntead of sqlite since the built in sqlite is horrible with performance and getting itself "locked" causing issues.   Her

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you try to enter: YOURLOCALIP:8080 if there shows up a site?

 

The site that should show up is:

grafik.png.7ca9f4933bc471e776cf59803517c513.png

 

If not then there is some other kind of network error.

Still no connection any ideas whats wrong with the network?

Link to post
28 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

Still no connection any ideas whats wrong with the network?

Sadly no because I don't know your exact network setup.

 

Try to choose bridge mode and try again, eventually then it will work.

What you can also try is the Debian Buster container...

Link to post

Hello,

I try using ich/thunderbird docker on Synology (having a few other containers already active and working fine).

I have installed and configured Thunderbird docker, but I cannot get it to work

the log files says:

---Starting...---
---Version Check---
---Thunderbird not installed, installing---
---Something went wrong, can't download Thunderbird, putting container in sleep mode---

the network is set to bridge, so it should have full access to internet.

edit:

I looked in the respective docker folder and only found 3 files

15 Feb was my first try... 21 is from today..

15.02.2021  14:36               215 .wget-hsts
21.02.2021  16:49                 0 Thunderbird--.tar.bz2
15.02.2021  14:23                 0 Thunderbird-78.3.2-.tar.bz2

 

Where can I start locking to get it to work?

Edited by Wolf
updated details
Link to post
36 minutes ago, Wolf said:

Hello,

I try using ich/thunderbird docker on Synology (having a few other containers already active and working fine).

I have installed and configured Thunderbird docker, but I cannot get it to work

the log files says:

---Starting...---
---Version Check---
---Thunderbird not installed, installing---
---Something went wrong, can't download Thunderbird, putting container in sleep mode---

the network is set to bridge, so it should have full access to internet.

edit:

I looked in the respective docker folder and only found 3 files

15 Feb was my first try... 21 is from today..

15.02.2021  14:36               215 .wget-hsts
21.02.2021  16:49                 0 Thunderbird--.tar.bz2
15.02.2021  14:23                 0 Thunderbird-78.3.2-.tar.bz2

 

Where can I start locking to get it to work?

Can you try to stop the container and then delete the thunderbird files and then give it some time so that it can download the files?

Link to post
3 hours ago, cappiel said:

Anyone having issues with jdownloader2 since the weekend? All of a sudden my docker log file grew to 20G from it. It seems like it's trying to update, but VNC keeps crashing while trying to do the update.

 

Seems like it can't get past 54-55% of validating install.

 

https://pastebin.com/n51hNvq2

I think you mean the docker.img not the log file or am I wrong?

 

Tested it now and it works fine, please be sure that the container has exclusive access to the internet without PiHole or any other blocking software in front of it.

 

Try to stop the container, delete everything from the jdownloader2 directory that is located in your appdata directory except for the 'cfg' folder.

Link to post
10 hours ago, cappiel said:

Anyone having issues with jdownloader2 since the weekend? All of a sudden my docker log file grew to 20G from it. It seems like it's trying to update, but VNC keeps crashing while trying to do the update.

 

Seems like it can't get past 54-55% of validating install.

 

https://pastebin.com/n51hNvq2

I'm having issues too.  I think it's been downloading the update over and over (and over), resulting in gigs of traffic.

Link to post
7 minutes ago, wizzy said:

I'm having issues too.  I think it's been downloading the update over and over (and over), resulting in gigs of traffic.

As said above, stop the container and then try to delete everything inside your jdownloader2 folder except for the 'cfg' folder and try to start the container again.

 

Make also sure that the container has exclusive access to the internet without PiHole or any blocking software in front of it.

Link to post
22 hours ago, ich777 said:

As said above, stop the container and then try to delete everything inside your jdownloader2 folder except for the 'cfg' folder and try to start the container again.

 

Make also sure that the container has exclusive access to the internet without PiHole or any blocking software in front of it.

Ok I deleted every except cfg, including the container, and re-installed. seems to be back up and running now.

 

(and yes I meant the docker.img size and the logs within it)

 

thanks ich777!

 

Link to post
13 minutes ago, cappiel said:

Ok I deleted every except cfg, including the container, and re-installed. seems to be back up and running now.

The settings and everything should also be intact I think or am I wrong?

 

Don't know why this happens sometimes to users, never experienced this on my instance...

Have you configured your appdata directory share to use cache 'Only' or 'Prefer', I can only imagine that if you set it to move the files off of the cache (or better speaking use cache 'Yes') that this can/will happen.

Link to post
11 hours ago, ich777 said:

The settings and everything should also be intact I think or am I wrong?

 

Don't know why this happens sometimes to users, never experienced this on my instance...

Have you configured your appdata directory share to use cache 'Only' or 'Prefer', I can only imagine that if you set it to move the files off of the cache (or better speaking use cache 'Yes') that this can/will happen.

I had to login again but everything else seemed intact.

 

the only thing I changed recently is I installed the ios jdownloader app on my phone and connected it. also installed event scripter to get notifications.

 

I have it set to only.

 

 

Link to post
4 hours ago, cappiel said:

I had to login again but everything else seemed intact.

Are you sure that the container has exclusive access to the internet since someone else reported on my gameservers thread that a server won't update but them he found out that it was the firewall or something else in his network blocking the container from updating.

Link to post

I see you mentioning "unraid optimized"...in what way would these be optimized compared to the images of other docker maintainers? 

 

Another thing I noticed in the used template (and it's a shame others use/recommend this also)


Is the NOT recommended (By Radarr/Sonarr Support Team+Devs) way of passing in two volumes such as the commonly suggested /movies and /downloads makes them look like two file systems (Because of how Docker’s volumes work), even if they aren’t. This means hard links won’t work and instead of an instant move, a slower and more io intensive copy + delete is used.
 

Link to post
36 minutes ago, TRaSH said:

I see you mentioning "unraid optimized"...in what way would these be optimized compared to the images of other docker maintainers? 

In terms of Docker compatibility, UID and GID and simply the template for it and ease of use, for example look at my TheLounge container, you can even create a User from the template and don't have to connect to the Console and create a User on your own.

 

In terms of Sonarr/Radarr/Lidarr/SABnzbd/NZBGet the mounts are all the same so no configuration of the user is needed /mnt/movies, /mnt/tv, /mnt/downloads

 

36 minutes ago, TRaSH said:

Is the NOT recommended (By Radarr/Sonarr Support Team+Devs) way of passing in two volumes such as the commonly suggested /movies and /downloads makes them look like two file systems (Because of how Docker’s volumes work), even if they aren’t. This means hard links won’t work and instead of an instant move, a slower and more io intensive copy + delete is used.

What would be your prefered way? These are not Volumes these are Bind mounts in the Docker way of things.

 

You can also change whatever you want in the template but I also don't recommend to Bind mount the '/mnt/user' directory to one directory inside the container since new users can have a hard time and even copying over to the wrong directory.

 

I completely understand what you mean... But for new users this can be horrible...

 

 

EDIT: Also please note that my containers are not strictly speaking the Docker way, I don't integrate the application itself into the container my container downloads/updates the application on every start/restart of the container.

 

You can use whatever container you want also @binhex or other Community Developers have excelent containers in the CA App. :)

Link to post
19 minutes ago, ich777 said:

In terms of Sonarr/Radarr/Lidarr/SABnzbd/NZBGet the mounts are all the same so no configuration of the user is needed /mnt/movies, /mnt/tv, /mnt/downloads

Don't the other Community Developers use between their container images the same path structure ?
I know Binhex and LSIO do.
 

 

21 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What would be your prefered way? These are not Volumes these are Bind mounts in the Docker way of things.

It isn't only my preferred way it's the overal proffered way, why would you want slow copy+delete and with torrents double file usage if you could make use of hardlinks ?
The overal recommended way would be to use 1 main share with the subfolders under it, this way you would get instant moves and hardlinks working. And you still can lock certain clients to have only access to to certain folders. (like lock your download client to have only access to your download location and plex etc only to your media location) SOURCE
 

 

30 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I also don't recommend to Bind mount the '/mnt/user' directory to one directory inside the container since new users can have a hard time and even copying over to the wrong directory.

That would be for sure the wrong location
It would be better to use something like the following =>
create a share called for example `data` and in that share create sub folder named: `downloads` or `usenet` and `torrents` if you use both, and a `media` folder where you create in the media folder `tv`, `movies` and `music`
and use the following Bind mount depending which application you're using

  • for the ARR(S) (Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, etc) => `/mnt/user/data/`
  • for your usenet client => `/mnt/user/data/usenet/` or `/mnt/user/data/downloads/`
  • for your torrent client => `/mnt/user/data/torrents/` or `/mnt/user/data/downloads/`
  • for Plex, Emby, JellyFin and Bazarr => `/mnt/user/data/media/`
40 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I completely understand what you mean... But for new users this can be horrible...

Yeah for new users it could be sometimes a problem to understand.

41 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You can use whatever container you want also @binhex or other Community Developers have excelent containers in the CA App.

Binhex has the same not recommended path structure as LSIO and yours got.

 

One of the main reason why I started about the path structure thing is because I'm a member of the Radarr support team, and we get allot of unraid users in the discord channel with questions why importing takes that long especially with 4K, and why they have double file usage when using torrents.
Or even worse download directly in to their media library and then wondering why Radarr (and the other arr(s) aren't able to import it.

And then we need to explain that most of the unraid Community Developers recommend/suggest to use the wrong paths.

Link to post
29 minutes ago, TRaSH said:

Don't the other Community Developers use between their container images the same path structure ?
I know Binhex and LSIO do.

From what I've know, no.

 

29 minutes ago, TRaSH said:

It isn't only my preferred way it's the overal proffered way, why would you want slow copy+delete and with torrents double file usage if you could make use of hardlinks ?
The overal recommended way would be to use 1 main share with the subfolders under it, this way you would get instant moves and hardlinks working. And you still can lock certain clients to have only access to to certain folders. (like lock your download client to have only access to your download location and plex etc only to your media location) SOURCE

Yeah but that isn't possible without the directory '/mnt/user/' from the host from Unraid or as you said a User makes his file structure on the host (Unraid) like this '/mnt/user/media/movies' & '/mnt/user/media/tv' & '/mnt/user/media/downloads' then the user could use as host path '/mnt/user/media' and mount it in the container like '/mnt/media' but that's completely up to the user and not the way I have it.

 

Otherwise you have to use the path '/mnt/user' if a user has a filestructure like this '/mnt/user/movies' & '/mnt/user/tv' & '/mnt/user/downloads'. I think I know what I mean...

 

But as said before that's up to the user and nothing I can do about, if a user has the wrong file structure, I don't know if they are willing to change that...

 

29 minutes ago, TRaSH said:

Binhex has the same not recommended path structure as LSIO and yours got.

I don't think so, from what I've remember the path aren't the same or you have to customize them in SABnzbd or NZBGet to match the others so they can see the folders and the files are properly moved.

 

29 minutes ago, TRaSH said:

One of the main reason why I started about the path structure thing is because I'm a member of the Radarr support team, and we get allot of unraid users in the discord channel with questions why importing takes that long especially with 4K, and why they have double file usage when using torrents.

That's a thing I can't comment because I don't know nothing about torrents...

 

29 minutes ago, TRaSH said:

Or even worse download directly in to their media library and then wondering why Radarr (and the other arr(s) aren't able to import it.

And then we need to explain that most of the unraid Community Developers recommend/suggest to use the wrong paths.

The only thing I can do about it to add a note into the containers.

 

I completely understand your arguments but if I change the paths a new user can have a really hard time or even mess up his whole Unraid installation with many shares if something is setup wrong...

 

Also I understand this from the support site because this would be a mess to support.

 

What would your recommendation? Should I add a note about the path's, the thing that I don't want to do is change anything by default...

 

EDIT: Eventually write me a short PM and we can chat about this, but please after the weekend, today is my birthday... :D

Link to post
7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

From what I've know, no.

Ahh I think now I understand why yours are called unraid optimized,
because you add the actual `/mnt/user/{tv|movies|music}` to it where LSIO and Binhex do have so called consistent path inside the container but let the user choose which path to choose on the host (unraid)

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

if a user has the wrong file structure, I don't know if they are willing to change that...

Well after they come in to the Radarr discord and we explaining that they use the wrong suggested paths they end up actually changing it.

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I don't think so, from what I've remember the path aren't the same or you have to customize them in SABnzbd or NZBGet to match the others so they can see the folders and the files are properly moved.

binhex uses inside his container `data` for his download location and `media` for his media location, so when you use all his images they are consistent between each other (the same with LSIO with `tv`, `movies` and `downloads`) but still no instant move and copy+delete.

18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What would your recommendation? Should I add a note about the path's, the thing that I don't want to do is change anything by default...

 

EDIT: Eventually write me a short PM and we can chat about this, but please after the weekend, today is my birthday...

Happy birthday,
I will try to figure out something how it can be added.
perhaps a warning if they use this path structure they will have copy+delete and higher i/o and no instant move and no hardlink support.
and perhaps a link to a guide where it's explained how to set it up for a optimized path structure with the support for hardlinks and instant moves 

Link to post

I provide seperate templates for some of my images...a non-vpn one and a vpn one.....does that make them "SUPER Unraid Optimized"?

But seriously now, I've seen at first hand for many years how a drag it has been for the different *arr support people teaching people how to properly deal with docker + paths....slowly they've been making progress, but now you come in and start telling everybody that the wrong way of doing things is "Unraid Optimized"? That doesn't sound productive at all. Surely people are capable of creating a new folder and pick a custom bind mount according their own preference, no? Afterall they managed to install Unraid too.

 

Also, why would you brush an entire argument away, because you know nothing about torrents, while the point he's making has nothing to do with torrents, but IO intensive tasks that can be avoided?

Link to post
25 minutes ago, hotio said:

"SUPER Unraid Optimized"

Well that would be super optimized. ;)

 

25 minutes ago, hotio said:

"Unraid Optimized"

Is only in the Github. :)

 

26 minutes ago, hotio said:

Surely people are capable of creating a new folder and pick a custom bind mount according their own preference, no?

Exactly but I want to do it a differnt way than others (no path's at all) or path that are not pointing to each other.

 

27 minutes ago, hotio said:

brush an entire argument away

Not brushing away, if somebody explains it to my I think I can understand it... Eventually...? :D :)

 

32 minutes ago, hotio said:

but now you come

Also don't forget that I came out from nowhere... :D

 

33 minutes ago, hotio said:

start telling everybody that the wrong way of doing things is "Unraid Optimized"?

27 minutes ago, hotio said:

but IO intensive tasks that can be avoided

I'm really open to recommendations, or changes to make it Super Duper Unraid optimized. ;)

 

28 minutes ago, TRaSH said:

Happy birthday

Thank you very much. :) 🎉

 

30 minutes ago, TRaSH said:

I will try to figure out something how it can be added.
perhaps a warning if they use this path structure they will have copy+delete and higher i/o and no instant move and no hardlink support.
and perhaps a link to a guide where it's explained how to set it up for a optimized path structure with the support for hardlinks and instant moves 

Yes, I think I can add that to my template. Do you think a WARNING in capitals will be enough?

I really undsterand that support of such things that are always the same are frustrating... So I think we can find a solution about that. ;)

Link to post
On 2/21/2021 at 5:32 PM, ich777 said:

Can you try to stop the container and then delete the thunderbird files and then give it some time so that it can download the files?

sorry, didnt get an email notification about an answer ..

so this is what I did:

I stopped the container, deleted the 2 files and then started it again.

same problem - this is the log file (please read from bottom to top)

---Something went wrong, can't download Thunderbird, putting container in sleep mode---
2021-03-01 20:44:37    stdout    ---Thunderbird not installed, installing---
2021-03-01 20:44:37    stdout    ---Version Check---
2021-03-01 20:44:36    stdout    ---Starting...---
2021-03-01 20:44:36    stdout    Nothing to do, noVNC compression set to default
2021-03-01 20:44:36    stdout    Nothing to do, noVNC qaulity set to default
2021-03-01 20:44:36    stdout    Nothing to do, noVNC resizing set to default
2021-03-01 20:44:36    stdout    ---Checking configuration for noVNC---
2021-03-01 20:44:36    stdout    ---No optional script found, continuing---
2021-03-01 20:44:36    stdout    ---Checking for optional scripts---
2021-03-01 20:44:36    stdout    ---Setting umask to 000---
2021-03-01 20:44:36    stdout    usermod: no changes
2021-03-01 20:44:36    stdout    ---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
2021-03-01 20:44:36    stdout    usermod: no changes
2021-03-01 20:44:36    stdout    ---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
2021-03-01 20:43:21    stdout    Session terminated, killing shell... ...killed.

Link to post
28 minutes ago, Wolf said:

---Something went wrong, can't download Thunderbird, putting container in sleep mode---

Are you sure that the container has exclusive access to the Internet without any blocking software infront of it like PiHole?

Also can you post a screenshot from the Docker Template itself?

Link to post
10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Are you sure that the container has exclusive access to the Internet without any blocking software infront of it like PiHole?

Also can you post a screenshot from the Docker Template itself?

pihole is active and running.. but github, thunderbird are all available.. I will try agin with pihole completely deactivated...

I do not understand what you mean by post a screensot of the docker template itself.. do you mean the config or var. settings?

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.