[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

If you want to use newer Kernel versions yes. But I have to say that‘s up to you since I only compile the plugin packages only for official Unraid Kernel versions and no you can‘t find them publicly yet.

Ohh, OK I see. To bad we cannot find official Unraid Kernel publicly.

I'm going to do it differently then

On 2/4/2024 at 6:53 AM, ich777 said:

Please note that I‘ve updated the plugin a few hours back and the command structure changed, please issue rcon -h from the command line once to see how to use it now.

You might want to update the description of rcon in the community apps as well, as it still states the old information regarding connecting. If not for the small warning under the change log I wouldn't have noticed the big change as i have plugins to auto update.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Ocgineer said:

You might want to update the description of rcon in the community apps as well, as it still states the old information regarding connecting.

Will be updated when you reboot the server.

Can't do anything about that.

EDIT: I saw that in the template (CA App) is the old description, changed that just now.

On 2/6/2024 at 12:25 PM, Ocgineer said:

You might want to update the description of rcon in the community apps as well, as it still states the old information regarding connecting. If not for the small warning under the change log I wouldn't have noticed the big change as i have plugins to auto update.

I only knew something happened because someone told me my server wasn't resetting on schedule, took a while to figure out what exactly was up

• Like 1
3 hours ago, sage2050 said:

I only knew something happened because someone told me my server wasn't resetting on schedule, took a while to figure out what exactly was up

Yes I know but the change to a new or better speaking a version that is working was necessary.

On 2/7/2024 at 10:43 PM, ich777 said:

Yes I know but the change to a new or better speaking a version that is working was necessary.

Took me a bit to figure out what was going on. I only updated yesterday.

Maybe consider editing this post for others when they search the forums?

It was certainly how i figured out to properly script server broadcasts for my Palworld server.

Also does this mean that the "timeout 1" condition before the command is no longer necessary?

Edited by foxythefoxer

So I've run into a problem with this new rcon version. How would you use a server command that itself has an option. Example: Broadcast for Palworld.

The --help documentation for the new version says:

To run single mode type commands after options flags. Example:
   rcon -a 127.0.0.1:16260 -p password command1 command2

To run terminal mode just do not specify commands to execute. Example:
   rcon -a 127.0.0.1:16260 -p password

This is fine in Single Mode with a command like Showplayers. It outputs what you would expect.

rcon -a 172.17.0.2:25575 -p AdminDocker showplayers

But a Palworld Broadcast message SHOULD be

rcon -a 127.0.0.2:25575 -p AdminDocker Broadcast Server_Mesage

However it fails because it's trying to use Server_Message as a command

image.png.be1970418bdd9ab301a79c7600b567cf.png

It does work in terminal mode, but that's no good if I'm scripting it. I'm needing a way to send automated messages on a schedule to warn players of an upcoming game server reboot.

Edited by foxythefoxer
2 hours ago, foxythefoxer said:

Took me a bit to figure out what was going on. I only updated yesterday.

Can not do anything about it, the description will change only after you reboot the entire server.

2 hours ago, foxythefoxer said:

Also does this mean that the "timeout 1" condition before the command is no longer necessary?

Not necessary anymore.

11 minutes ago, foxythefoxer said:

It does work in terminal mode, but that's no good if I'm scripting it. I'm needing a way to send messages on a schedule to warn players of an upcoming server reboot.

You have to wrap messages with spaces in between in double quotes, someone already wrote a script over here, but please also red the next few posts because you can create a yaml file that has your credentials in it that will greatly simplify the script:

Especially this post where I link to the repository where it is explained how to use a yaml (please keep in mind on Unraid it needs to be on a persistent storage!) :

24 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You have to wrap messages with spaces in between in double quotes, someone already wrote a script over here, but please also red the next few posts because you can create a yaml file that has your credentials in it that will greatly simplify the script:

Gotcha. That makes sense. So the Command and message need to wrapped in quotations like this

rcon -a 172.17.0.2:25575 -p AdminDocker "Broadcast Server_Mesage"

Perfect yep that works.

24 minutes ago, ich777 said:

someone already wrote a script over here, but please also red the next few posts because you can create a yaml file that has your credentials in it that will greatly simplify the script:

My custom script looks very similar to what that commenter wrote, though theirs is more elegant, I'll read more on the following posts, thanks for the tip!

Just want to say you do awesome work! I've only been using Unraid for a few months now and have been learning a lot reading your posts!

Edited by foxythefoxer
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Just confirming (for those not looking at the github for QNAP-EC), by issuing the below commands, the QNAP-EC plugin works fine with the QNAP TVS-h674 (and likely the h874). Running UNRAID 6.12.8
```

mkdir -p /boot/config/modprobe.d
echo "options qnap-ec check-for-chip=no" > /boot/config/modprobe.d/qnap-ec.config
modprobe qnap-ec check-for-chip=no
```

Thanks.

Edited by shanelord
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, shanelord said:

/boot/config/modprobe.d/qnap-ec.config

When that file is already in place you don't have to use:

17 minutes ago, shanelord said:

check-for-chip=no

at the modprobe line. :)

Therefore if you create the file: /boot/config/modprobe.d/qnap-ec.config with the contents:

options qnap-ec check-for-chip=no

the plugin will auto load the module without an error.

Hope that helps too. ;)

21 hours ago, ich777 said:

Therefore if you create the file: /boot/config/modprobe.d/qnap-ec.config with the contents:

the plugin will auto load the module without an error.

Thanks - but for some reason it didn't load on reboot. I had to run the command "modprobe qnap-ec check-for-chip=no"

46 minutes ago, shanelord said:

Thanks - but for some reason it didn't load on reboot. I had to run the command "modprobe qnap-ec check-for-chip=no"

After installing the plugin that should be true but uppon a second reboot and as long as the modprobe.d file exists you don‘t have to run the command again.

If you need to enter the command after every reboot with the modprobe.d file in place please post your Diagnostics.

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

After installing the plugin that should be true but uppon a second reboot and as long as the modprobe.d file exists you don‘t have to run the command again.

If you need to enter the command after every reboot with the modprobe.d file in place please post your Diagnostics.

OK I'll test next time I reboot and post back. Could be a few days as I'm moving 15TB of files over.

On 3/20/2024 at 11:30 PM, ich777 said:

OK - looking at the boot process - right at the end it states:
"modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'qnap_ec' : No such device"

Not sure what I've done wrong.

29 minutes ago, shanelord said:

Here you go!

You don't have the qnap_ec.conf file in your /boot/config/modprobe.d in place.

This file is necessary so that the plugin on it's own loads the driver.

Make sure that you create the file with this contents:

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You don't have the qnap_ec.conf file in your /boot/config/modprobe.d in place.

This file is necessary so that the plugin on it's own loads the driver.

Make sure that you create the file with this contents:

I just checked and it was there?

I've removed it an created it again. It has the top line of the file set to

root@shasam:~# sudo sh
root@shasam:~# cd /boot/config/modprobe.d
root@shasam:/boot/config/modprobe.d# ls
qnap-ec.config
root@shasam:/boot/config/modprobe.d# rm qnap-ec.config
root@shasam:/boot/config/modprobe.d# touch qnap_ec.conf
root@shasam:/boot/config/modprobe.d# nano qnap_ec.conf
qnap_ec.conf

1 hour ago, shanelord said:

I just checked and it was there?

Open the Diagnostics from above, if the folder is in place the folder will be also be listed alongside with the file in config/modprobe.d/ but there isn't even such a folder.

Strangely enough it is listed in the Diagnostics in system/folders.txt so I'm not 100% sure what's going on there.

20 hours ago, ich777 said:

Open the Diagnostics from above, if the folder is in place the folder will be also be listed alongside with the file in config/modprobe.d/ but there isn't even such a folder.

Strangely enough it is listed in the Diagnostics in system/folders.txt so I'm not 100% sure what's going on there.

OK - after my changes above, the latest diagnostics I just dumped shows the file there now so hopefully this is resolved. Once I've finished my transfer of files I'll reboot and test again. Thanks.

926759395_Screenshot2024-03-22231257.thumb.png.049199b381c4eb20dc5324e57872fab2.png

UPDATE: Thanks @ich777 all is working now.

Edited by shanelord
Problem solved.
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm encountering an issue with the ITE IT87 Driver. Upon installation, the sensors are correctly recognized, and I can monitor the fan speeds without any trouble. I'm utilizing two PWM fans, specifically the be quiet! Silent Wings 4 PWM models in both 120mm and 140mm sizes. My Gigabyte B760M GAMING X DDR4 motherboard provides three 4-pin connectors for system fans. I've connected one fan to sys_fan_1 and the other to sys_fan_2.

However, after running pwmconfig and initiating fancontrol, the fan connected to sys_fan_1 intermittently ceases spinning, contrary to the configured settings. Occasionally, it only performs some small movements.

I found a difference between the file content of pwm2_freq and pwm3_freq. The first one contains 187500 and the second one 23437. After setting pwm2_freq to 23437 manually, the fan starts spinning again. All seems well, but unfortunately, the change is eventually overridden, causing the fan to stop spinning once more.

Could it be an issue with the driver? pwm2 seems to be affected only. Any ideas how I could fix it permanently?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

The fancontrol config looks like:

INTERVAL=10
DEVPATH=hwmon3=devices/platform/it87.2624
DEVNAME=hwmon3=it8689
FCTEMPS=hwmon3/pwm2=hwmon3/temp1_input hwmon3/pwm3=hwmon3/temp1_input
FCFANS=hwmon3/pwm2=hwmon3/fan2_input hwmon3/pwm3=hwmon3/fan3_input
MINTEMP=hwmon3/pwm2=20 hwmon3/pwm3=20
MAXTEMP=hwmon3/pwm2=60 hwmon3/pwm3=60
MINSTART=hwmon3/pwm2=150 hwmon3/pwm3=150
MINSTOP=hwmon3/pwm2=150 hwmon3/pwm3=150
MINPWM=hwmon3/pwm2=150 hwmon3/pwm3=150
MAXPWM=hwmon3/pwm2=255 hwmon3/pwm3=255