[Plugin] DVB-Driver

ich777

14 hours ago, Schicksal said:

I just want to know if i did everything correct in this plugin.

yep

14 hours ago, Schicksal said:

The tuners have a red dot and i don't know if these are the correct new one or old stuff and i need to update something.

usually just activate them, but you should see the naming and it should be clear ;)

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

Seem to be encountering an issue with my Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD. Got live Tv working through it years ago.

I thought i would go through the process of updating everything to the lastet versions (Unraid 6.11.5 to 6.12.8 + drivers)

Ive just noticed that my live tv feed has stopped working and unraid isnt detecting it anymore

Just plugged the card into a spare windows machine and installed the drivers off the Hauppauge driver page and all seemed to work

Any chance the new version of the plugins drivers dont support the  16xxxx (old model) now replaced by the 17xxxx model

Edit -

my previous drivers i used was the tbsos-20221013-5.19.17 drivers

Edited by DaButterGamer
21 minutes ago, DaButterGamer said:

Any chance the new version of the plugins drivers dont support the  16xxxx (old model) now replaced by the 17xxxx model

I would really like to first have a set of Diagnostics with the Tuner attached to your server and the driver installed.

BTW, nothing changed…

Not a direct answer to your question but I find that the HD HomeRun tuners are a better solution as they are network devices rather than PCIe devices.  So you aren't as tied to drivers and having to worry about hardware issues on your server.  I would recommend them, plus they have ATSC 3.0 devices for being able to capture the next gen of OTA broadcasts, including 4K.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Hi ich777,

Previous drivers i had installed were the tbsos-20221013-5.19.17 drivers

tried using the following updated drivers

/boot/config/plugins/dvb-driver/packages/6.1.79/:
total 11600
-rw------- 1 root root 11846292 Apr  1 22:44 libreelec-20240401-6.1.79-Unraid-1.txz
-rw------- 1 root root       33 Apr  1 22:44 libreelec-20240401-6.1.79-Unraid-1.txz.md5

/boot/config/plugins/dvb-driver/packages/6.1.79/:
total 11824
-rw------- 1 root root 12086492 Apr  1 22:42 tbsos-20240315-6.1.79-Unraid-1.txz
-rw------- 1 root root       33 Apr  1 22:42 tbsos-20240315-6.1.79-Unraid-1.txz.md5

image.thumb.png.781ddd3f452448c39d23ff77008a68d2.png

Ive also attached my diagnostics

Cheers

11 minutes ago, wayner said:

Not a direct answer to your question but I find that the HD HomeRun tuners are a better solution as they are network devices rather than PCIe devices.  So you aren't as tied to drivers and having to worry about hardware issues on your server.  I would recommend them, plus they have ATSC 3.0 devices for being able to capture the next gen of OTA broadcasts, including 4K.

Thanks for the suggestion, might take a look if i cant figure it out :)

gungnir-diagnostics-20240529-1839.zip

Edited by DaButterGamer
50 minutes ago, DaButterGamer said:

tried using the following updated drivers

Please install the libreelec package, reboot and send your Diagnostics again.

EDIT: Oh, wait now that I took a closer look, I don't see your card in the PCIe devices nor in the USB devices, are you sure it is seated correctly if it is a PCIe card and/or is connected properly (I hope I didn't missed it)?

Please also check if you maybe have it plugged into a slot that gets deactivated when a NVME is in a certain slot or similar circumstances.

1 hour ago, wayner said:

So you aren't as tied to drivers and having to worry about hardware issues on your server.

I heavily disagree on that but I completely understand that.

However if you for example use a DigitalDevices card or TBS card it should always work just fine.

Another thing that I observed is that Plex is really picky about cards and if the channel submits a EPG or at least a valid EPG, otherwise you won't find the channel.

That's also why there is a recommended post in this thread because it is way better to use TVHeadend, with a bridging software like xteve and Plex.

For me personally my DigitalDevices Cards in combination with TVHeadend and Emby/Jellyfin never let me down and they are working now for many years (even before I was a Unraid user and made driver plugins)... :D

Hello,
I have a Genius WideCam F100 camera, which may not be the best quality, but it has the largest field of view I could find.
When I connected it for the first time and installed DVB Driver, it worked with mjpg-streamer. When I disconnected the camera and connected it again after some time, it no longer wanted to work.
I checked all dev/videox, tried changing packages and reinstalling drivers many times and nothing helped.

Does anyone have an idea what can be done to make this work?

image.thumb.png.e97c65f2b7c5e0affa8a50d48b6097ca.png

image.thumb.png.1a28a7d00bf74d7d85bd86298c9cec11.png

image.thumb.png.897dd901e5c9ed4a7d529f861c15c383.png

smartcamp-diagnostics-20240605-1243.zip

7 minutes ago, Radzu said:

I checked all dev/videox, tried changing packages and reinstalling drivers many times and nothing helped.

First of all, you know that one pool has uncorrectable errors:

Jun  5 06:53:31 SmartCamp kernel: WARNING: Pool 'data_ext' has encountered an uncorrectable I/O failure and has been suspended.

8 minutes ago, Radzu said:

When I connected it for the first time and installed DVB Driver, it worked with mjpg-streamer. When I disconnected the camera and connected it again after some time, it no longer wanted to work.

Don't reconnect the camera, Unraid has no idea what to do when you reconnect the camera, you have to leave it attached the whole time.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

First of all, you know that one pool has uncorrectable errors:

Jun  5 06:53:31 SmartCamp kernel: WARNING: Pool 'data_ext' has encountered an uncorrectable I/O failure and has been suspended.

The extra disk crashed between tests. At first the disk was ok, but the problem still occurred.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Don't reconnect the camera, Unraid has no idea what to do when you reconnect the camera, you have to leave it attached the whole time.

I disconnected the camera only once, during subsequent tests, restarts and reinstallations it was still connected.

I removed the damaged disk, restarted and it's still the same.

smartcamp-diagnostics-20240605-2148.zip

5 minutes ago, Radzu said:

I removed the damaged disk, restarted and it's still the same.

I see that the webcam is detected just fine:

Jun  5 21:09:23 SmartCamp kernel: usb 1-1.3: Found UVC 1.00 device USB_Camera (0458:708c)
Jun  5 21:09:23 SmartCamp kernel: input: USB_Camera: USB_Camera as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:15.0/usb1/1-1/1-1.3/1-1.3:1.0/input/input8
Jun  5 21:09:23 SmartCamp kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver uvcvideo

Are you also sure that Libvirt Hotplug doesn't change the device state or re-plugs it?

8 hours ago, Radzu said:

but still: No Adapters found!

Sorry but this message has nothing to do with the Webcam, since the plugin is named DVB Driver it only detects DVB cards, I only include the Webcam drivers as a bonus (I might change that in the future and split it into a separate plugin.

Again, I really can't tell what changed since it registered fine:

Jun  5 22:24:01 SmartCamp kernel: usb 1-1.3: Found UVC 1.00 device USB_Camera (0458:708c)
Jun  5 22:24:01 SmartCamp kernel: input: USB_Camera: USB_Camera as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:15.0/usb1/1-1/1-1.3/1-1.3:1.0/input/input8
Jun  5 22:24:01 SmartCamp kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver uvcvideo

8 hours ago, Radzu said:

ustreamer

Do you use ustreamer in a Docker container?

If yes please note that such an issue could also be caused because of insufficient read rights in the container a not properly passed through device mapping and so on.

I really can't tell what changed since nothing changed in terms of the plugin and everything is like it was before.

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the confusion.

I went back to the mjpg-streamer Docker container and it turned out that the camera was working.

I don't remember at what point I changed the container from mjpg-streamer to ustreamer.
Ustreamer was supposed to be a better replacement and had everything set up the same as mjpg-streamer, but apparently something didn't work as it should and I was looking for the problem in the wrong place.

What confused me was that no device was detected in the plugin window.

• Like 1

I've not yet purchased unRAID yet- because I'm weighting options. If everything can be done in Dockers, it's a big plus over the competition.

I've new hardware that needs these plugins-

DVB-Drivers (Hauppauge quad-HD card)

OpenRGB Patch (ASRock Polychrome v2 [SMBus])

Nvidia-Driver

RTL8125(B) PCI Drivers (ASRock 'Dragon' 2.5Gbps NIC)

I might be using an Intel ARC instead of the Nvidia; but as that does absolutely require a VM, maybe not.  Too bad about the current kernel, as the Intel is cheap, compact, and dynamite quality for transcoding.

While I'd think that others would be buying newer hardware like this, I have not seen if you would expect that one plugin would conflict with the others.

As I don't have unRAID up yet- can't test this.  But I'd think this could be something a developer would know... and yes, I appreciate all the effort that goes into this.  Can donate if all this works together; that would be amazing!

15 minutes ago, chessie said:

While I'd think that others would be buying newer hardware like this, I have not seen if you would expect that one plugin would conflict with the others.

No, the drivers won't conflict with each other.

Even when you install all drivers on your system they will work just fine.

18 minutes ago, chessie said:

RTL8125(B) PCI Drivers (ASRock 'Dragon' 2.5Gbps NIC)

I would recommend that you try the driver that ships with Unraid first and only if you experience issues install the driver plugin.

Thanks for your reply... I'm off to find a reasonably priced Nvidia card, then, if possible- the crypto miners have made that much harder these days. The A380 Challenger is very tasty and available, and... vastly complicates things.

I hear you on the 8125 NIC chip... I have plans to actually use the 2.5Gbps mode, as would especially benefit a single port server.  If it's stable and performs, then yes, the default driver will stay; and thanks for the advice.

1 minute ago, chessie said:

The A380 Challenger is very tasty and available, and... vastly complicates things.

May I ask what CPU are you using?

Maybe you can use the iGPU when using a Intel CPU, 10th gen+ can handle almost anything that you throw at it.

Well, I've a Ryzen 5 7600 [B650M], which does have an iGPU, but that's Radeon. This mobo/chipset fetched me three M.2 slots; handy for an unRAID cache drive pool plus SATA expansion.

For transcoding, my understanding is that quality goes (best to worst): Intel -> nVidia (NVENC) -> Radeon.

Now, mind you, I've not tested what the Radeon can really do... the Intel distracted me 😁.

4 minutes ago, chessie said:

Well, I've a Ryzen 5 7600 [B650M], which does have an iGPU, but that's Radeon

Okay, sadly enough I would still recommend going with a Intel CPU on a Server platform since they are still a bit ahead in terms of virtualization and run without any troubles, at least from my experience (but that is a discussion out of scope for this thread :D ).

However you can try the Radeon one too which is basically VAAPI, from what I tested on my Ryzen 3xxx gen test server it works fine but the quality is a bit worse than Intel and Nvidia.

Is there any chance of adding the day back in to the scheduled start/end time columns on the gui? I still have the day listed on older version (4.3-2091) on my libreelec box, so this oft-updated docker version has removed this.

(I originally posted this query in the wrong thread and have just noticed, so deleted it from that wrong thread).

10 minutes ago, boragthung70 said:

Is there any chance of adding the day back in to the scheduled start/end time columns on the gui? I still have the day listed on older version (4.3-2091) on my libreelec box, so this oft-updated docker version has removed this.

Sorry but I don't understand?

Are you talking about the DVB Driver?

With the DVB Driver itself you can't add schedules which shows the start/end time.

Also this is not a Docker container, I think you are still in the wrong thread or did you delete it in the wrong thread because of this message:

15 minutes ago, boragthung70 said:

(I originally posted this query in the wrong thread and have just noticed, so deleted it from that wrong thread).

On 5/29/2024 at 2:41 PM, ich777 said:

{wayner posts regarding using HDHRs as being superior to PCIe devices as they are on your LAN, not USB devices tied to a PC}

I heavily disagree on that but I completely understand that.

However if you for example use a DigitalDevices card or TBS card it should always work just fine.

I have been using PCs to record TV for over 20 years with Win MCE, BeyondTV, SageTV, Plex, Jellyfin, etc. I have used PCI, PCIe, USB and LAN capture devices. For OSes I have used everything from Win95, to WHSv1, WHSv2, unRAID, Win7, Win10 and Win11.

Having a capture device like a HDHR that is on your LAN has, IMO, a bunch of advantages.  The device can be shared across multiple PCs seamlessly - you can turn on a new unRAID server and start using the HDHR immediately without having to move and configure hardware.  And you can use the capture device with multiple PCs at once, although you might have conflicts if you are not careful.  With LAN based capture devices you generally don't have issues when you upgrade your OS or your drivers.  It just tends to work without getting disrupted by something local to the PC.  And you don't have to worry about passing through hardware.  Some of the Hauppauge PCI devices had an issue where they wouldn't work if you had more than 3.5GB of RAM.  Hauppauge HD-PVRs can be finicky about USB ports.

And for OTA capture devices you can put the HDHR wherever it is convenient.  This might even be in your attic close to your antenna so you don't have a long coax run that can degrade your signal, assuming that you have ethernet wiring in your attic.

Just one person's opinion...

Edited by wayner