Keep getting locked out

Not sure what’s going on but every time I try to login to the forum I get a message that my login attempt has failed too many times in a row and I have been locked out for X minutes. This happens on the first login attempt and I’m using the correct credentials. I can use the “forgot password” link (and have) but I’m having to reset my password every time.

same here, yesterday login via tapatalk started to fail...my guess is, that the attempts from there are accounted for that problem.

Just until now, my old PW was working, but I recieved the same notification and had to reset it 5mins ago.

Let's see how long this will last...disabled my group membership in tapatalk to prevent this bevior as a root cause.

I’m not in tapatalk so not sure if disabling it will help you. It appears that LT has made some recent changes to the forums under the hood. My suspicion is that that is the cause of the recent login issues. 

You can get back into the forum using forgot my password and do a password reset. Rather annoying though.

@eschultz , @jonp ...tapatalk now works again, but now I am in the same boat as the OP.

Whenever I close my browser instance, I have to relogin again, although the checkbox for remembering me upon return is checked.
Just now, when trying to login via web, I've been presented with the message that my account has been locked due to too many attempts.

...something strange is going on here...I changed my password yesterday, after the issues with tapatalk arose.

Can you try check this out, please?

TIA,,
Ford

Edit: ugh...just found out, that my browser bookmark was set the old LT domain, and not foums.unraid.net, still.

With the new URL at least login was possible again via browser

Edit2: ...but login still not persistant when browser instance has been closed and reopend new.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Edited by Ford Prefect

Add me to the list, weirdly im still authenticated and working fine for Tapatalk (thus this message) but I'm unable to login using web browser, multiple password resets tried and I just get the message 'your account has been locked try again in 9 minutes' I try again in 9 minutes and same deal

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, SpencerJ said:

One user cleared their browser cache/cookies and the issue was fixed (for them). Awaiting results if it persists but this is one option to try.

This may have worked for me on Safari mobile. I cleared history/cookies and I’ve logged out/in 3 times now without issue.

• Thanks 1
One user cleared their browser cache/cookies and the issue was fixed (for them). Awaiting results if it persists but this is one option to try. @jonp is also in a back and forth with Invision support on this. Thank you all for your patience in this annoyance.
...that was the usual suspect, which I tried already beforehand.
No luck with Chrome on Android and Windows, here.

14 minutes ago, Ford Prefect said:

...that was the usual suspect, which I tried already beforehand.
No luck with Chrome on Android and Windows, here.

it worked for me, once i had cleared down cache and cookies for this particular site, then restart chrome, i also noted the url i had bookmarked has 'login' in there, so scrubed that out and just hit url 'https://forums.unraid.net/forum/47-docker-containers/' and after entering in the correct credentials and getting a google 2FA prompt i was in, it was a faff and i kept getting locked out until i did all of the above, works for me now running chrome on Mac and Windows.

• Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, binhex said:

ahh right, ok i will let you know if i see the same tomorrow, i hope not!.

...erhmmm....just came back after few days off....I left the laptop with the "your account has been locked..." message and closed the browser as well as the lid, so it went into hybernate.

Just now, upon my return, I opened the Laptop-lid, started the browser and went to the forums URL....I am in right away 🤪 ..,,,don't know what to make of that.

• Thanks 1