[Plugin] Docker Compose Manager

7 hours ago, neleh said:

Noob here.

As I understand from searching some of comments, compose file requiring the `build` command isn't supported well.

I'm running into issues where DCM will say it can not resolve the path.

`failed to solve: failed to read dockerfile: open /var/lib/docker/tmp/buildkit-mount436360256/Dockerfile: no such file or directory`

Basically the compose file provided by the project contains `build: .`

I have already put my Stack in a location in pool, say it's `/user/mnt/appdata/path_a`

Is there a way I can change the compose file to make it work? or is this fundamentally not supported yet?

(The project I'm trying to get working is ViewTube, compose file here https://github.com/ViewTube/viewtube/blob/development/docker-compose.yml )

Thanks!

If you created the stack using the UI then you will still need to pull the git repo to get the dockerfile in order to build the project. As mentioned this is venturing beyond the supported functionality of this plugin. That said if you cloned the repo into another folder say `/user/mnt/appdata/path_a/build` and then change the line `build: .` to 
`build:  user/mnt/appdata/path_a/build` that might solve your issue.

3 hours ago, primeval_god said:

If you created the stack using the UI then you will still need to pull the git repo to get the dockerfile in order to build the project. As mentioned this is venturing beyond the supported functionality of this plugin. That said if you cloned the repo into another folder say `/user/mnt/appdata/path_a/build` and then change the line `build: .` to 
`build:  user/mnt/appdata/path_a/build` that might solve your issue.

You said `If you created the stack using the UI`, are there other ways to create stack? Like e.g. we can direct create it using editors? Just for my own knownledge.

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, neleh said:

You said `If you created the stack using the UI`, are there other ways to create stack? Like e.g. we can direct create it using editors? Just for my own knownledge.

Thanks.

The only correct way of using this plugin is to create a stack through the ui. 

Docker Compose Manager br0 Network error

So I recently had to recreate all of my docker containers, and decided that transitioning to docker compose was a good idea in case this happened again, because I can easily recreate multiple containers at once. The issue I'm running into is I'm stuck trying to assign containers to the br0 network to assign them a static within my networks existing subnet. I've attached an image to demonstrate with my pi hole compose file. It crates a hash of some kind for the network type, and doesn't map an IP or ports at all.

Using "network_mode: br0" instead will connect it to the br0 network and assign it a DHCP address, but I can't assign it a static IP that way.

docker-compose-manager-br0-network-error-v0-85wp92h9h9tb1.png.thumb.webp.43e304ae73f19e80a301a759446c39fb.webp

8 minutes ago, MAK-CS said:

Docker Compose Manager br0 Network error

So I recently had to recreate all of my docker containers, and decided that transitioning to docker compose was a good idea in case this happened again, because I can easily recreate multiple containers at once. The issue I'm running into is I'm stuck trying to assign containers to the br0 network to assign them a static within my networks existing subnet. I've attached an image to demonstrate with my pi hole compose file. It crates a hash of some kind for the network type, and doesn't map an IP or ports at all.

Using "network_mode: br0" instead will connect it to the br0 network and assign it a DHCP address, but I can't assign it a static IP that way.

docker-compose-manager-br0-network-error-v0-85wp92h9h9tb1.png.thumb.webp.43e304ae73f19e80a301a759446c39fb.webp

I get the same but in my router pihole takes the static IP that I assigned here. Can you access the pihole webui? http://192.168.70.102/admin in your case.

11 minutes ago, MAK-CS said:

I've attached an image to demonstrate with my pi hole compose file.

Pretty sure you need the name: key, at least it works here

image.png.d5b5eba55e4d7b532c8cdb9bd97b6e63.png

image.png.206ffe2a1b857d9b4d859e782de75492.png

Also

12 minutes ago, MAK-CS said:

because I can easily recreate multiple containers at once.

You can reinstall multiple at once from Previous Apps.

22 minutes ago, 062bel313 said:

I get the same but in my router pihole takes the static IP that I assigned here. Can you access the pihole webui? http://192.168.70.102/admin in your case.

yes I can.

32 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Pretty sure you need the name: key, at least it works here

image.png.d5b5eba55e4d7b532c8cdb9bd97b6e63.png

image.png.206ffe2a1b857d9b4d859e782de75492.png

Also

You can reinstall multiple at once from Previous Apps.

I tested this:

Bildschirmfoto2024-05-30um18_39_17.png.f4e389714f6d706f319cb7caacc9c145.png

and no change...

Bildschirmfoto2024-05-30um18_36_04.thumb.png.74f0966729874594d43c3b52e43a0863.png

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

The hash being displayed is normal. Question is does it work?

EDIT:

Seems so, so what's the problem?

My attempt: Better usability and clarity for users. No regrets for my attempt.

Is there a way to modify the name of the docker containers that are created with this plugin? I just created a monica container and named the stack 'Monica', so now my container is called monica-monica-1. Can i somehow just rename this monica?

4 hours ago, rama3124 said:

Is there a way to modify the name of the docker containers that are created with this plugin? I just created a monica container and named the stack 'Monica', so now my container is called monica-monica-1. Can i somehow just rename this monica?

This is not really a question about this plugin. The compose file spec allows you to specify the container name with  the "container_name" key.

I'm working on an Azeroth Core server via the compose manager. Everything is working fine except, to get modules working, I need to recompile. the how-tos indicate that I need to run "docker compose up -d ---build" and I have no idea how to translate that into my environment. For some more context, someone on their support forum said "Modules that contain C++ require a re-compile. I'm not a docker user, but if you make docker re-compile the binaries, it is supposed to work."

So is there a way to translate that command over to unraid with compose manager, or otherwise a way to cause compose manager to re-compile?

17 hours ago, LuckJury said:

I'm working on an Azeroth Core server via the compose manager. Everything is working fine except, to get modules working, I need to recompile. the how-tos indicate that I need to run "docker compose up -d ---build" and I have no idea how to translate that into my environment. For some more context, someone on their support forum said "Modules that contain C++ require a re-compile. I'm not a docker user, but if you make docker re-compile the binaries, it is supposed to work."

So is there a way to translate that command over to unraid with compose manager, or otherwise a way to cause compose manager to re-compile?

The "Update Stack" button in the composeman ui will run the command "docker compose up -d ---build". As for the specifics of what that will do it depends on what the build sections of your compose file look like and what Docker files they point at.

Edited by primeval_god

error -

*55694 open() "/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/compose.manager/javascript/ace/mode-sh.js" failed (2: No such file or directory) while sending to client, client: 10.0.0.85, server: , request: "GET /plugins/compose.manager/javascript/ace/mode-sh.js HTTP/1.1", host: "10.0.0.78", referrer: "http://10.0.0.78/Settings/compose.manager"

Trying to run Immich in docker compose - https://immich.app/docs/install/unraid

Any insights in to this is highly appreciated. Thank you.

I have monica installed using the docker compose plugin and the container constantly shows up on my unraid docker action centre and on the fix-common-problems plugin as needing update. I read in other comments on this thread that docker containers installed with the compose plugin cannot be updated the usual way through unraid and need to be updated by clicking 'update stack'. Even when I do this, the container still shows up as needing update. Is there a way to stop unraid from checking for updates for containers installed with this plugin? TIA

2 hours ago, rama3124 said:

I have monica installed using the docker compose plugin and the container constantly shows up on my unraid docker action centre and on the fix-common-problems plugin as needing update. I read in other comments on this thread that docker containers installed with the compose plugin cannot be updated the usual way through unraid and need to be updated by clicking 'update stack'. Even when I do this, the container still shows up as needing update. Is there a way to stop unraid from checking for updates for containers installed with this plugin? TIA

I put in a PR to fix this but it's not merged yet:

https://github.com/dcflachs/compose_plugin/pull/27

You can manually modify the plugin and test it if you'd like.

Where does compose-manager run its command line wen its starting a custom container? I had a mishap and a container created a database config folder in the root directory of where ever the command was run. 
So if you could point me to the location that would help me greatly to remove this misplaced folder.