Sabnzbd unMenu package

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This is either an unusual question / situation, or I'm not searching properly (unless my key concern was already addressed through a different question in Reply #165)...

CAVEATS: Linux Newcomer; UnRAID 4.7

CURRENTLY: 20-Drive Tower (1 Parity, 1 Cache, 18 Data - 4x5-in-3 cages)

BECOMING: 21-Drive Tower (1 Parity, 19 Data - 4x5-in-3 cages) (1 Cache 2.5" mounted internally)

PACKAGES: 08/20/11 prostuff1 attachments from this thread & Sickbeard thread

Let the (most likely stupid) questioning begin...

Since I'm totally dropping my 3.5" cache drive from the array and replacing it with a virgin 2.5" cache drive, how (if at all) will unRAID perceive this migration?

Are there any "uninstall" steps I should take to disassociate the initial SABnzbd install with //tower before I make a "clean install" on my virgin 2.5"?  Do I need to remove SABnzbd's package from unMENU and start the package process from scratch?

If there are no "uninstall" steps and unRAID would just automatically pick up the new SABnzbd install on the new cache drive, is there any way to associate my new cache drive's SABnzbd / Sickbeard installs with a different port than the one //tower uses right now (currently :8081 SAB / :8080 Sick)?

(Background on this last question: tried to set up SAB/Sick simultaneously back in August; SAB was fine, Sick tried to associate with :8080 because I didn't think to avoid a conflict with unMenu; didn't sweat it much, just ran Sickbeard on another system - now that I'm switching out my cache drives, though, it'd be nice to harmonize both services on the same system if it's less-migrainey than I'd imagine...)

Any advice is enormously appreciated - thank you in advance!

I'm thinking it's because of the .sabnzb  How can i view the path above in Finder or add it as a share?  Or should I rename the folder?

Sorry for all the questions

On a Mac probably renaming it.

I preface all my folders with an "_".  if you are using a new version of unRAID make sure to set that folder to be cache only.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe someone can help me, not sure if you would need a log or not.  I have installed sabnzbd through the unmenu pkg, but everytime I reset/restart my server, for some odd reason the config.ini gets reset, and I have to re-enter in all the settings....  Any suggestions?

Not without the information I asked for in the first post of this thread.

And also, There is a newer version of the package attached to the first post of this thread.  Please download it and us that .conf file instead.

I installed this package using the conf file on the first post, but it installed 0.6.7 is it possible the incorrect conf file was posted?

nope, just checked

I just dropped in the new conf file, restarted unmenu and it does install 0.6.7. Is that the intended version by the script?

restarting unMenu will get you nothing.  You have to use the package manager to install the newest sabnzbd package.

I installed this package using the conf file on the first post, but it installed 0.6.7 is it possible the incorrect conf file was posted?

nope, just checked

I just dropped in the new conf file, restarted unmenu and it does install 0.6.7. Is that the intended version by the script?

restarting unMenu will get you nothing.  You have to use the package manager to install the newest sabnzbd package.

I did use the package manager, I just restarted it after putting the conf file in the folder...just in case it made a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

I used the package manager to download the latest and I downloaded the package on the first post of this thread.

Both have the following:

# sabnzbd

PACKAGE_URL http://sourceforge.net/projects/sabnzbdplus/files/sabnzbdplus/sabnzbd-0.6.7/SABnzbd-0.6.7-src.tar.gz/download

PACKAGE_FILE SABnzbd-0.6.7-src.tar.gz

I also only get 6.7 downloaded and installed.

I just checked and the one attched to the first post is 0.6.10

Odd, though I have been having issues where unraid is taking a while to update newer files with the same name so that could be it.  Let me delete them and re-download.

OK, that little feature of UnRaid is doping my nut in.  Correct.  Deleted the original ones and downloaded to find 6.10.  Sorry for the confusion.

I used the package manager to download the latest and I downloaded the package on the first post of this thread.

Both have the following:

# sabnzbd

PACKAGE_URL http://sourceforge.net/projects/sabnzbdplus/files/sabnzbdplus/sabnzbd-0.6.7/SABnzbd-0.6.7-src.tar.gz/download

PACKAGE_FILE SABnzbd-0.6.7-src.tar.gz

I also only get 6.7 downloaded and installed.

I just checked and the one attched to the first post is 0.6.10

Strange, not a big deal though it was easy enough to update.

how do I update this, sickbeard and CP?

There are 4 lines that need to be updated in each .conf file.

the PACKAGE_URL, PACKAGE_FILE, PACKAGE_MD5, and PACKAGE_VERSION_STRING

Could you please tell me how I could get the PACKAGE_MD5?

download the file and do an md5sum on it from the unRAID box. There are also windows tools that will do the same thing.

all i did was replace the sabnzbd 0.6.7 conf file with the new on in the post. went back to the unmenu package installer page, reinstalled the new files, and deleted the old ones in the /boot/packages folder. since the actual program files are located in my /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd folder all my setting were still there, and all that was updated was the program itself.

i do not state that this will work for you, and will not be responsible if it doesn't.

if one of the more trained personnel wants to confirm that this is right or wrong it would be appreciated

christopher

download the file and do an md5sum on it from the unRAID box. There are also windows tools that will do the same thing.

Thank you.

downloaded the conf file on first post, replaced the new details :

# sabnzbd
PACKAGE_URL http://sourceforge.net/projects/sabnzbdplus/files/sabnzbdplus/sabnzbd-0.6.14/SABnzbd-0.6.14-src.tar.gz/download
PACKAGE_FILE SABnzbd-0.6.14-src.tar.gz
PACKAGE_MD5 249dc97ed187065198bcb83acb04738b

and :

PACKAGE_VERSION_STRING 0.6.14

closed SAB, deleted all the old SAB stuff, config etc. Rebooted, remounted cache, went to unmenu installed SAB -> downloaded successfully, clicked install... waited...

The page has frozen and I cant access unmenu now. I rebooted over telnet and retried x2 but same thing. Cant get it installed. Think I will have to do a reboot again and go backways