Future Unraid Feature Desires

Future Unraid Feature Desires  

833 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Their are some complaints from other enterprise side users. With Rsync/webgui backup.
I think there needs to be a default unraid system for backups, either on system or off

so a tap to connect to xyz system and 

drop down and copy selection to other servers / unraid.

example:

Edited by bmartino1
  • 4 weeks later...

I think clustering would be awesome. I have a few servers that are laying around. Not worth enough to go through the effort of selling them, but it would be cool to have a cluster of UnRAID servers, one to handle Media like Plex, Emby, etc. Another to handle strictly NAS and backup functions, and the other for everything else. Just a thought. I know ProxMox has functionality like this and I am by no means an expert but the idea seems viable and useful. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 6:05 PM, Chanchalanch said:

I think clustering would be awesome. I have a few servers that are laying around. Not worth enough to go through the effort of selling them, but it would be cool to have a cluster of UnRAID servers, one to handle Media like Plex, Emby, etc. Another to handle strictly NAS and backup functions, and the other for everything else. Just a thought. I know ProxMox has functionality like this and I am by no means an expert but the idea seems viable and useful. 

Promox leverages ceph and other linux tools on identical hardware to do this.
https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/start/intro/

Clustering would be nice if we had a lan system to ssh/rsync/copy to and from other unraid systems.
^Though unriad connect was supposed to be this...

in theory could be added to unraid:

https://github.com/bogdanr/slackbuilds/tree/master/ceph
https://github.com/bogdanr/slackbuilds/blob/master/ceph/ceph.SlackBuild

Edited by bmartino1
slackbuilds ceph
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

as a new user to unRAID, residing in Germany I would like to use the German locale throughout the system, especially for keyboard, numbers and timezone on a system level, being permanent. I am surprised, that this has not been implemented yet, considering the age of this project!

My feature-request, therefore, would be to have an easy way to permanently change at least the keyboard.

Nota bene: I use English for the WebUI and will continue doing so, since this way I can more easily communicate any issues with the forum and support. This is just about the system-wide keyboard and TZ, both CLI and GUI level.

Thank you.

P.S. There is lots of information on this on the forum and on Reddit, but it is often dated, and/or involves Slackware administration. I don't want to administer the system 'from the side', since I fear ending up with a broken system.

1 hour ago, amix said:

I am surprised, that this has not been implemented yet, considering the age of this project!

TZ is set in settings->time zone.

Keyboard... nothing that I know of but since typically you would never need a physical keyboard on the machine itself outside of the rare last-resort troubelshooting it's probably not been much of a need.

22 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Keyboard... nothing that I know of but since typically you would never need a physical keyboard on the machine itself outside of the rare last-resort troubelshooting it's probably not been much of a need.

Many users disagree ;-) Should check the forums in other languages. As soon as you have umlauts in the file/folder names, even last-resort maintenance can become a pain.

As for TZ, yes, I have seen this. But the time in the GUI's status bar is still showing AM/PM. Checking 'date' in the command-line, however, shows the right TZ. So this must be something with the used GUI host.

Edited by amix
1 hour ago, JonathanM said:

Are you sure? I didn't hear that in the podcast you posted.

The video shared before was just an overview regarding several features in the upcoming version 7.

Yes I'm sure (At least, based on the podcast below).

But as this was published 3 months ago, maybe today, they have changed the strategy...

I just really wish they removed the requirement to boot from USB and allowed to boot from SSD so it could just be installed in a Raid 1. And yes, I have heard the speech about Unraid running from memory, how someone's cousin never had an issue with USB etc.

I bought a license a long time ago and have been waiting all this time to install hoping this would be implemented in a newer version but still nothing. I guess I will have to suck it up now that I am running out of space in my current NAS.

add a download Tunnel and WireGuard vpn setup.

When using unraid to make and generate a vpn under vpn settings. I would like a conf download button that fills in the following data from what is generated in vpn settigns...

Default example:

[Interface]
PrivateKey = Hash Private Key
Address = 10.253.0.2/32

[Peer]
PublicKey = HasHPublikKey
PresharedKey = 3Hased Peer Key
AllowedIPs = 10.253.0.1/32
Endpoint = %publlick IP%:51820

^ this way using phone or WireGuard via computer we can quickly import a conf tunnel and connect to the vpn.

Edited by bmartino1

when installing a app / docker

I would like a option in all tempalte to build without starting the docker.
Just download the app tempated to the usb and downlaod the image for its use with the run command

So latter I can then add the docker by going to add container and installing, selecting the template in the drop down list.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bmartino1 said:

when installing a app / docker

I would like a option in all tempalte to build without starting the docker.
Just download the app tempated to the usb and downlaod the image for its use with the run command

So latter I can then add the docker by going to add container and installing, selecting the template in the drop down list.

This was like pre 6.10. Under 6.9 we have an Option for this. Start Docker Container after Created the Template.

Just now, Revan335 said:

This was like pre 6.10. Under 6.9 we have an Option for this. Start Docker Container after Created the Template.

I remember I was playing with unraid around v6.3. There were a few time when I needed to make edits to data need a path that I wasn't ready for a new app to install and have docker run execute. I guess they want the app docker to work at first template and use the save option now...