[Plugin] Tailscale

Thank you for the fast information. I was confused because an update was listed as available in the Tailscale Dashboard.

After installing the plugin worked perfectly, I wanted to access the Unraid Dashboard via Tailscale IP. Unfortunately does not work. The plugin shows up connected in the Tailscale Dashboard and pinging the Unraid Server works as well as vice versa. Did I misunderstand something?

10 minutes ago, BeUnRaider said:

Thank you for the fast information. I was confused because an update was listed as available in the Tailscale Dashboard.

After installing the plugin worked perfectly, I wanted to access the Unraid Dashboard via Tailscale IP. Unfortunately does not work. The plugin shows up connected in the Tailscale Dashboard and pinging the Unraid Server works as well as vice versa. Did I misunderstand something?

There’s a separate step for me to update the plugin. That’ll happen after Christmas. 

2 minutes ago, K1LLA_KING_KING said:

my tailscale stopped working. 
so i uninstalled and tried to reinstall. now i have network failure

anyone know whats going on?

'image.thumb.png.86591d07ab2843380752dc608d6cdbca.png

Without diagnostics all I can do is guess… I’d guess that your Unraid instance might be having trouble getting to some parts of the internet, which would explain both Tailscale not working and why it can’t download the package from Tailscale to install. 

9 minutes ago, EDACerton said:

Without diagnostics all I can do is guess… I’d guess that your Unraid instance might be having trouble getting to some parts of the internet, which would explain both Tailscale not working and why it can’t download the package from Tailscale to install. 

please see diagnostics here

EDIT:

ah something wrong here
image.png.290c41407f88e1ad76e56baaa9f25372.png

I cannot connect to unraid.net
image.thumb.png.62cdabd2b4be8ac86102350107f6c132.png

tgtbserver-diagnostics-20231227-1159.zip.crdownload

Edited by K1LLA_KING_KING
On 12/23/2023 at 9:36 PM, jquery said:

I want to change the port that tailscale listens on for incoming connections. where/how can I do that so that it stays persistent?

Specifically, I want to change the default port 41641 to something else.

Still haven’t found a solution. The official guide points me to a file that doesn’t exist in the path that the guide specifies. It should be here:

/etc/defaults/tailscaled

where does the plugin place this file?

On 12/26/2023 at 11:01 PM, K1LLA_KING_KING said:

please see diagnostics here

EDIT:

ah something wrong here
image.png.290c41407f88e1ad76e56baaa9f25372.png

I cannot connect to unraid.net
image.thumb.png.62cdabd2b4be8ac86102350107f6c132.png

tgtbserver-diagnostics-20231227-1159.zip.crdownload 115.75 kB · 0 downloads

That's not a complete diagnostics file... it looks like you uploaded the partial download before it finished.

In any case, based on your other screenshot I think it's fair to say that you're having larger internet issues... once those are fixed I would expect for Tailscale to start working like before.

On 12/27/2023 at 6:57 AM, jquery said:

Still haven’t found a solution. The official guide points me to a file that doesn’t exist in the path that the guide specifies. It should be here:

/etc/defaults/tailscaled

where does the plugin place this file?

I'll have to look into this to see how the plugin can accommodate that configuration. I don't have time right this moment but will check soon.

15 hours ago, EDACerton said:

I'll have to look into this to see how the plugin can accommodate that configuration. I don't have time right this moment but will check soon.

I understand! Thanks for all your work! 

the reason I need this functionality is because I have multiple tailscale clients that I want to forward ports to, so that they can all accept direct connections.

21 hours ago, john_smith said:

so i configured this plugin and confirmed green on host and client after setup, but i can't actually seem to be able to access any of my local resources remotely as i would expect to be able to do via the tailscale VPN. am i missing something in the settings?

I can’t do much with this information… it’s too vague for me to help. 

What are you trying to connect to? WebGUI? SMB? Docker containers?

Can you post plugin diagnostics? (See the pinned post.)

On 12/29/2023 at 9:03 AM, jquery said:

I understand! Thanks for all your work! 

the reason I need this functionality is because I have multiple tailscale clients that I want to forward ports to, so that they can all accept direct connections.

Changing the port will require an update to the plugin, I’ll try to get that in the next few releases. 

In the meantime, an alternate option would be to use UPnP/NAT-PMP + randomizeClientPort. 

https://tailscale.com/kb/1181/firewalls

On 12/29/2023 at 7:31 AM, chcrw said:

Thanks so much for this plugin! Love it!

Is there a way to turn if off if I want to? Something like a turn off toggle? Haven't been able to find it and I am pretty newbie when it comes to Unraid/Tailscale.

An off switch does not currently exist, I’ll look at adding one. 

21 hours ago, EDACerton said:

An off switch does not currently exist, I’ll look at adding one. 

+1 for this. Would be nice to quickly turn off & on the node, since I don't need this up all the time. Will be just that little extra bit of security. FYI I do realize I could just logout in the interim.

Thanks for making & maintaining this plugin BTW!

Edited by AKC Server

I moved from the Docker image to the plugin, and I am fully authenticated with Tailscale Machines.  I cannot ping or access the GUI from the Tailscale side.  DNS does resolve to the IP address.  I have set and reset the defaults numerous times, but I cannot finish the move to the plugin on this box.  

I have a second box running funnels but it is still on the Docker Plugin, and need to wait to move this over until this box is running.  Let me know what settings and logs you might need.  I am confused by what's happening.  

Of note, I did look at the Settings - Network Settings and I have added and deleted the tailscale interface on the included GUI interfaces.  

The fact I cannot ping the box is interesting to me.

Thanks

1 minute ago, bmpreston said:

I moved from the Docker image to the plugin, and I am fully authenticated with Tailscale Machines.  I cannot ping or access the GUI from the Tailscale side.  DNS does resolve to the IP address.  I have set and reset the defaults numerous times, but I cannot finish the move to the plugin on this box.  

I have a second box running funnels but it is still on the Docker Plugin, and need to wait to move this over until this box is running.  Let me know what settings and logs you might need.  I am confused by what's happening.  

Of note, I did look at the Settings - Network Settings and I have added and deleted the tailscale interface on the included GUI interfaces.  

The fact I cannot ping the box is interesting to me.

Thanks

Please provide plugin diagnostics