Unraid OS version 6.12.0 available

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, local.bin said:

Yet another cluster f%$k upgrade for unraid for me, will have to stop thinking they will be quick upgrades and doing them when I have the whole day to sort them out 😕

Also learn to just wait a few months. After a few point releases then it seems more stable. Gives time for the plugins to get updated or for other authors to start their own duplicates of plugins because other developers stop updating them.

15 hours ago, hackztor said:

Also learn to just wait a few months. After a few point releases then it seems more stable. Gives time for the plugins to get updated or for other authors to start their own duplicates of plugins because other developers stop updating them.

Isn't that what I did;

Unraid 6.12.0    2023-06-14

Unraid 6.12.1     2023-06-20

Unraid 6.12.2    2023-06-29

Unraid 6.12.3    2023-07-14

I posted in 6.12.0, though I installed 6.12.3.

How many pre releases are we supposed to wait?

15 hours ago, limetech said:

It's useful to know wtf went wrong for you.

Once I know I will be sure to feed back, but at present I am unable to boot the main server, even after trying to revert to 6.11.5.

On top, nothing to do with unraid, I am unable to get a video signal, so unable to acess the server.

2 other servers I have taken back to 6.11.5 due to laggy interface, btrfs cache becoming read only, docker 403 issues, without Plex on either server.

In 12 years and 4 licenses of using unraid, lately the rate of borks seems to be getting more regular.

1 minute ago, ConnerVT said:

I usually wait until the chatter for the new release simmers down.  There still is a bit regarding macvlan/ipvlan, networking and crashes that keep me from embracing 6.12.x for now on my main, critical server.

I am annoyed with myself I even upgraded at all, knowing on 2 previous occasions bonding issues were missed in testing.

After just upgrading opnsense issue free (8 yrs of upgrading opnsense without an issue) I stupidly went for it.

Mhh 'macvlan/ipvlan' I use extensively on all the servers.....

Not sure what kind of black magic you guys did but my Unraid server runs about 50w lower on idle. I read somewhere that someone mention they were having lower power usage too from this update. I'm still on 6.12.3 and my system is running pretty solid (I will upgrade once I'm ready to mess with ZFS, need a few new hard drives too).

Anyway, great job Unraid team!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1