Unraid OS version 6.12.0 available

The 6.12 release includes ZFS support (phase 1), several minor feature improvements, bug fixes, base package updates, and update to the latest 6.1.x longterm maintenance Linux kernel.

Check out the detailed Release Notes on our new docs site, and while there, take a look around.

As always, prior to upgrading, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".

To upgrade:

• First create a backup of your USB flash boot device: Main/Flash/Flash Backup
  • If you are running any 6.4 or later release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Tools/Update OS page.
  • If you are running a pre-6.4 release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page.
  • If the above doesn't work, navigate to Plugins/Install Plugin, select/copy/paste this plugin URL and click Install:
    https://unraid-dl.sfo2.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg

Bugs: If you discover a bug or other issue in this release, please open a Stable Releases Bug Report and please attach your diagnostics.

ALL USERS are encouraged to upgrade.

Special thanks to all our contributors and beta testers and especially:

@bonienl for his continued refinement and updating of the Dynamix webGUI especially in the area of networking.

@Squid for continued refinement of Community Apps and customer support.

@dlandon for continued refinement of the Unassigned Devices, associated plugins, and customer support.

@ich777 for assistance and package contributions in all things Linux-related.

@SimonF for greatly improving our VM manager.

@JorgeB for rigorous testing of storage subsystem and user support.

Finally a big Thank You! to @steini84 who brought ZFS to Unraid via plugin several years ago.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

I have just upgraded from the previous stable version and now there is no access the GUI, unraid connect, Dockers, or via SSH/telnet. The physical monitor on the server indicates a successful boot and I'm receiving email notifications of things that normally occur on boot. 

In unraid connect the mange server help says this: These URLs are currently inaccessible from your location. This means they may be offline, not using a myunraid.net certificate, or are inaccessible from your current location. These URLs may still allow access to the server.

Any ideas before I roll back to the previous stable version?

Obsolete/Broken plugins

There are a few plugins which are known to be incompatible with Unraid 6.12, and upon boot will not be installed. You will get a notification for each plugin that is affected, and can review the list by going to Plugins/Plugin File Install Errors.

ipmi version 2021.01.08 (IPMI Tools by dmacias72, breaks the dashboard)

nut version 2022.03.20 (NUT - Network UPS Tools by dmacias72, breaks the dashboard)

Crap I use both of these, and they are very important to me.  Especially fan control in IPMI.

EDIT:  I see IPMI Tools and NUT were taken over by SimonFair.  That solves that :) !!!

craigr

Edited by craigr
clarity
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, TheMantis said:

I have just upgraded from the previous stable version and now there is no access the GUI, unraid connect, Dockers, or via SSH/telnet. The physical monitor on the server indicates a successful boot and I'm receiving email notifications of things that normally occur on boot. 

In unraid connect the mange server help says this: These URLs are currently inaccessible from your location. This means they may be offline, not using a myunraid.net certificate, or are inaccessible from your current location. These URLs may still allow access to the server.

Any ideas before I roll back to the previous stable version?

Sign in using the physical keyboard/monitor, type 'diagnostics' and note where it saves the file on the flash drive. Then upload that zip file to a new thread in general support (doing back and forth support in a release thread is confusing, it helps to have a separate thread)

Just upgraded from 6.11.5 and all seems well.  Love the new tweaks to the interface too.

One snafu is that my VM didn't auto start because of vfio-pci-errors, but I don't actually have any changes.  What I do have is settings left over from a previous NIC that is no longer present in the machine.  I left them in the vfio config in case I ever wanted to put that NIC back in... now I can't remember how to manually edit this 😬.  It's been too long and the VM templates have gotten too good along with the "System Devices" in the GUI now!

OK I feel kind of silly but I'm stumped.  Can someone please point me in in the right direction regarding how to remove a device that I used "System Devices" in the GUI to pass through, but the device is no longer in the system?  Or a way to allow my VM's to autostart again at least?  I knew I should have removed that device in the GUI when I had the chance, but for a while it was part time in my server.

Or can I delete a file and just redo my IOMMU passthrough devices from scratch?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, craigr said:

OK I feel kind of silly but I'm stumped.  Can someone please point me in in the right direction regarding how to remove a device that I used "System Devices" in the GUI to pass through, but the device is no longer in the system?  Or a way to allow my VM's to autostart again at least?  I knew I should have removed that device in the GUI when I had the chance, but for a while it was part time in my server.

Or can I delete a file and just redo my IOMMU passthrough devices from scratch?

Thanks!

The file is in the config folder on the flash drive, called vfio-pci.cfg

You can try editing it, but it is probably easiest to take a screenshot of Tools -> System Devices, delete the file, reboot, and re-setup Tools -> System Devices

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

The file is in the config folder on the flash drive, called vfio-pci.cfg

You can try editing it, but it is probably easiest to take a screenshot of Tools -> System Devices, delete the file, reboot, and re-setup Tools -> System Devices

Thank you.  Successfully edited and removed the device from the config file.  VM's are auto starting again.

Love the new unRAID logo in place of the TianoCore boot screen 😁.

Upgraded IPMI, NUT, and GPU Statistics before upgrading unRAID.  Everything seems to be running flawlessly so far.  

Great job guys!

Edited by craigr
  • Like 3

Happy to say that after upgrading, I have had zero problems! Everything runs perfectly, plex transcodes, SMB, all containers. The web GUI seems to load quicker for me now. Might just be placebo though. I hope others have as easy of a time as I did. Those RC's really paid off.

Edited by KarlMeyer
  • Like 2

Updated my test/cctv server from 6.12.6RC to stable and have lost all plugins, and my Frigate instance wont start as a result.  Is it an expectation that we'd have to reinstall plugins?  Have reverted to the previous RC for now as late and dont want to lose camera AI overnight

Attempted to update two servers from 6.11.5 to 6.12.0; one upgraded without a hitch, the other will not boot into 6.12.0, it fails in the middle of the boot process and just stops.  I will try to determine exactly where it fails but video output cuts out at that point as well.  Can't get diagnostic as it does not boot.  However, it is running syslog server and I have those logs.  The system has a PiKVM so I will need to figure out how to record video in the PiKVM.

Once I gather all available data, I will post a "bug" report.

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, ceefka said:

Could anybody point me out on what's a good way to import previously created (prior to any of the 6.12 rc's) zfs pools?

Assuming they are compatible pools, just create a new pool with the number of needed slots, assign all pool devices, don't change the filesystem or pool type, lease filesystem=auto, start array, if it doesn't import create a new thread and add the diagnostics and the output of

zpool import

• Like 1