[Plugin] Realtek R8125 R8168 and R8152\6 drivers

1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

Since v6.12.5 you can try the in tree driver for the 2.5GbE Realtek NIC, the plugin is now opcional, also enable the mirror to flash drive option in the syslog server and post that if it crashes again. 

Thanks @JorgeB! After giving it some thought I'm starting to think that maybe the NIC is getting too warm and eventually causing the crash. It seems to occur after 12+ hours of constant usage. I'll set to mirror to flash though so I can get a good set of logs the next time it occurs. I'm not familiar what you mean by tree driver. Does that just mean that the support is now native and the plugin is no longer necessary?

8 hours ago, cardo said:

System just hard locked again. I have to power it down when this occurs. Just before it locked up I did see some some warning and errors related to the USB NIC about timeouts, etc. I stream music videos once a week from unRAID to my desktop PC. Both have 2.5Gbps cards. The desktop PC has an onboard NIC and unRAID has the RealTek external USB. The last time this occurred was also when I did 12+ hours of streaming.

The issue started after 6.12.5, but I am not necessarily blaming unRAID or the NIC drivers it could very well be that the external NIC isn't good.

Does anyone know of an external USB 2.5Gbps NIC that has built in unRAID support? I'm tired of fighting with the RealTek.

Maybe you could post the diagnostics.

Please take care of overheating issues with USB NICs when used heavily.

Or maybe you can revert back to 6.12.4. 

BTW: I'm using 2.5G NIC for months without reboot in 6.11.5. There seems to be no other chips of USB 2.5NIC but realtek.

Edited by jinlife
1 minute ago, jinlife said:

Maybe you could post the diagnostics.

Please take care of overheating issues with USB NICs when used heavily.

Or maybe you can revert back to 6.12.4. 

BTW: I'm using 2.5G NIC for months without reboot in 6.11.5.

I have turned on syslog flash mirroring now, so the next time it occurs again I can post the logs. I'm starting to think that it is just getting to hot due to usage, maybe the logs will give some indication when it happens again.

On 12/21/2023 at 1:22 AM, cardo said:

I have turned on syslog flash mirroring now, so the next time it occurs again I can post the logs. I'm starting to think that it is just getting to hot due to usage, maybe the logs will give some indication when it happens again.

Hi @jinlife and @JorgeB. System locked up again today and it happened without any network usage to speak of. Here is the syslog that was captured on crash.

syslog-previous

i have found "Realtek R8186 NIC found" in Fix Common Problems.

i have 2 nics and had no issues , only macvlan but as it fixed in latest version in Unraid , no problem anymore .

So goes back to bond0 and found every second packet drops on bond0 and vhost0.

tryed only eth0 from bond0 but still have drops...

should i install "RTL8168(B)/RTL8111(B) PCI Drivers" plugin to fix it ? 

image.thumb.png.a0b74aa66fc246e12183a4b785600a94.png

image.thumb.png.1e51d4c6c9703fd98962e9d53842800f.png

image.thumb.png.d381512d4f9740ed040c31eedf5b4902.png

image.thumb.png.c1e491b66b13ed8e31f96400cb608c10.png

41 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

i have found "Realtek R8186 NIC found" in Fix Common Problems.

i have 2 nics and had no issues , only macvlan but as it fixed in latest version in Unraid , no problem anymore .

So goes back to bond0 and found every second packet drops on bond0 and vhost0.

tryed only eth0 from bond0 but still have drops...

should i install "RTL8168(B)/RTL8111(B) PCI Drivers" plugin to fix it ? 

image.thumb.png.a0b74aa66fc246e12183a4b785600a94.png

image.thumb.png.1e51d4c6c9703fd98962e9d53842800f.png

image.thumb.png.d381512d4f9740ed040c31eedf5b4902.png

image.thumb.png.c1e491b66b13ed8e31f96400cb608c10.png

I have the exact same question for the exact same reason.

2 hours ago, jcmorris said:

I'm also seeing this on a RTL8111 running 6.12.6 

@jcmorris @invik

I installed the driver but nothing changed, so uninstalled it. 

Also I think it's kind of issue of vhost0 maybe on latest version of Unraid, becose it wasn't befor some versions back. 

Can you check, maybe change cables

and maybe without bond0, I tryed but

This not helped.

Unraid 6.12.6

Edited by Masterwishx
2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

That syslog only covers a couple of minutes, and just looks like the link went down.

Not sure what else I can do. The problem is the whole system hard locks. I have pulled the USB NIC and reverted to my internal 1Gbps card for now to see if it still reproduces.

• Tools -> System shows my onboard motherboard NIC driver as "Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller"
  • Fix Common Problems says "Realtek R8168 NIC found".

But nothing I'm reading says anything about 8411. So... do I install the 8111/8168 drivers, or not?

Thanks!

Edited by jeradc
4 hours ago, jeradc said:
  • Tools -> System shows my onboard motherboard NIC driver as "Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller"
  • Fix Common Problems says "Realtek R8168 NIC found".

But nothing I'm reading says anything about 8411. So... do I install the 8111/8168 drivers, or not?

Thanks!

The info for the RTL8168(B)/RTL8111(B) PCI Drivers plugin on the App store calls out 8411 too

• Thanks 1

When running the fix common problem plug in I was prompted to installed the R8125 plugin for my 2.5Gb network card
I did and rebooted the server but today I had very poor network performance as if it was a 100Mbits card
Since I put the unraid server to S3 Sleep every day I think the wake up had some issues with the network card but it never happened before I installed the R8125 plugin.
Since I had no problem before with performance or stability I removed the plugin
Is there any known issue with it?

OK, the advertise speed was "2500baseT/Full" and it was working at full speed after the first reboot following the installation of the plugin.

It's only a few days later that the reduction in speed and latency occured

It might not be the plugin fault but I've never had issue since adding the network card a year ago

Hello, I'm new here
I have had the message regarding "Realtek R8125 NIC found" in Fix Common Problems for a few days
Now I'm not entirely sure about the current driver
r8169 RealTek RTL-8169 Gigabit Ethernet driver Inuse net/ethernet/realtek
Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8125 2.5GbE Controller (rev 05)

PS
My english is bad :)