Transmission Plugin for UnRaid v5b11+

i am trying to add wacth dir function with no luck...by adding at the end those lines transmission wont start....with unmenu it works but not with the plugin that is more handy when i want to stop the server

"watch-dir": "/mnt/cache/torrents/watch",

"watch-dir-enabled": true

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i am trying to add wacth dir function with no luck...by adding at the end those lines transmission wont start....with unmenu it works but not with the plugin that is more handy when i want to stop the server

"watch-dir": "/mnt/cache/torrents/watch",

"watch-dir-enabled": true

add a comma (,) after the true statement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is this still current? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the plugin system was moving away from the unMenu and to the plg system. Would this be a better way to run transmission? Currently I have to manually start/stop transmission for all reboots. Not a real problem - so long as I remember to do it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I checked to see if prostuff1's 2.42 transmission version was available in plugin format but couldn't find it.  All I did was take Benni-chan's plg file, and then modify it to download prostuff1's transmission file, and updated the md5 to match prostuff1's package. 

A couple caveats:

- You must stop the plugin in order to modify the settings.json (which , IIRC, is installed to /usr/local by default)  - You should also modify the data directory to point to a permanent location as the default will be overwritten on reboot.  I've got mine installed on my cache drive:  Data Directory:  /mnt/cache/.apps/transmission

- The stats package from Simple Features (1.0b6) will start generating segfaults(exists with 2.42 and 2.33 as far as I can tell) in your syslog.  I removed the stats package from my install, and receive no segfaults.  My system is stable, but I don't know the cause of the segfaults, everything seems fine to me, but exercise caution when choosing to install this. 

I hope that both prostuff1, and Benni-Chan don't mind me releasing this.  All credit for the work belongs to them, however, I hope this helps someone else.

I run 5.0b14, and have only tested this plugin on 5.0b14.

File available here:  http://unraid-sureguy.googlecode.com/files/transmission-2.42.i468-2bw.plg

***I posted this and removed it earlier as I thought the segfaults were due to the installation of this plugin, but have since verified otherwise, see above.***

• 2 weeks later...

Transmission 2.51 is the latest official release. How hard would it be to get this on here, with an updater?

the latest version for slackware (which can be used for unraid) is 2.42.

I'll soon release an update of this plugin with that version included, but i'll also try to build an installpackage for the latest release.

there will also be some other fixes for problems posted in this thread

Hi guys,

I'm getting this error, how could i resolve it.... sorry newbe.

403: Forbidden

Unauthorized IP Address.

Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.

If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.

If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details.

• 3 weeks later...

I happend to delete my settings.json file so I tried installing the package again with installplg /boot/config/plugins/transm... but the installer does not re-create the file. I also then tried to delete the transmission directory under /usr/local/ and then installplg again with no luck.

Is there a way to re-install the plugin?

/Morten

• 2 weeks later...

First off, if you're getting the 403 error even after editing the settings.json file it is because you edited the wrong one.

Run the command: 

find / -name settings.json

You're going to find one in the folder you chose in the data directory and another in a user directory.  That second one is the one you want to edit.  All you have to do is turn rpc-whitelist to false OR put IP addresses.

I'd be nice if someone with more knowledge could figure out why this happens and address it.  That said I'm happy this plugin exists!!

I'm getting continuous errors using this plugin - it works on the front end (app works and files download) but my cron scrips suddenly stopped working.

Doing a little digging, I found this in the syslog:

Jun  6 10:50:01 knox crond[1287]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1 
Jun  6 10:50:01 knox kernel: crond[27605]: segfault at b77cc51c ip b77cc51c sp bfcecab4 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b77cc000+1000]
Jun  6 10:52:01 knox crond[1287]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1 
Jun  6 10:52:01 knox kernel: crond[27954]: segfault at b77cc51c ip b77cc51c sp bfcecab4 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b77cc000+1000]
Jun  6 10:54:01 knox crond[1287]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1 
Jun  6 10:54:01 knox kernel: crond[28296]: segfault at b77cc51c ip b77cc51c sp bfcecab4 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b77cc000+1000]
Jun  6 10:54:12 knox transmission-daemon[11351]: CSI Las Vegas Starting DHT announce (good, 181 nodes) (tr-dht.c:574)
Jun  6 10:55:21 knox transmission-daemon[11351]: Saved "/mnt/apps/data/transmission/resume/CSI Las Vegas.8efe39ff64e4907d.resume" (bencode.c:1721)
Jun  6 10:55:21 knox transmission-daemon[11351]: Saved "/mnt/apps/data/transmission/stats.json" (bencode.c:1721)
Jun  6 10:56:01 knox crond[1287]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1 
Jun  6 10:56:01 knox kernel: crond[28647]: segfault at b77cc51c ip b77cc51c sp bfcecab4 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b77cc000+1000]

As soon as I stop Transmission, the errors stop, and my cron jobs start again.

Thoughts?

Hi guys,

I'm getting this error, how could i resolve it.... sorry newbe.

403: Forbidden

Unauthorized IP Address.

Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.

If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.

If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details.

Someone else mentioned the fix which is to edit the settings.json file. Think of it as just a text file and you put false in the rpc-whitelist-enabled entry or add your ip or network in the rpc-whitelist line. One caveat I noticed was that if you don't stop the plugin first before editing the file it will first of all not work when you make the change and then when you restart the plugin the file is reset wiping out any changes you made. So make sure to stop the plugin before you edit the file.