Special offer: Second Key for 30 bucks

limetech

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Read that this is good "through" 6.0 Beta, so would this offer still apply? (Still playing a bit of catch up on the forums/versions and such -- but came here due to a problem with an existing build)  If so, well, I need to go get me a USB thumbdrive, like asap.

I just purchased this deal last week so I'm assuming it's still on.

Read that this is good "through" 6.0 Beta, so would this offer still apply? (Still playing a bit of catch up on the forums/versions and such -- but came here due to a problem with an existing build)  If so, well, I need to go get me a USB thumbdrive, like asap.

Do do do.. I just re-read the first post.  Seems I dont have to have a flash drive to make the purchase, being done right now. <grin>

Do do do.. I just re-read the first post.  Seems I dont have to have a flash drive to make the purchase, being done right now. <grin>

You don't need one :) The edit on the first post explains how. I don't have one either but didn't want to pass up this opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...

If you look at the pricing for UnRAID keys, you'll see that you can ALWAYS buy a 2nd key for $30.    A Plus key is $69.  A Plus key "two-pack" is $99.

So if you just want 2 keys, simply buy a 2-pack.

What Tom is offering right now is an ADDITIONAL key for $30 ... in theory to allow experimentation with the new v6 64-bit version, but there's no enforcement of that.  If you buy a 2-pack, you can still take advantage of the extra key for $30 offer.  Or you could buy a single key, and still take advantage of the offer -- but that's no different than simply buying a 2-pack.

This promotion should last through the beta of 6.x correct? I just ordered all the parts for 3 unRaid servers but it will be a couple of days until I get everything - but there is no ETA on 6.x final yet, is there?

I think it might be dangerous to assume this if you want to make sure of getting the offer.  Past beta program's have lasted for extensive periods of time.

Question was answered by limetech on the first page of this thread.

This promotion should last through the beta of 6.x correct? I just ordered all the parts for 3 unRaid servers but it will be a couple of days until I get everything - but there is no ETA on 6.x final yet, is there?

I think it might be dangerous to assume this if you want to make sure of getting the offer.  Past beta program's have lasted for extensive periods of time.

Can you give us some idea of how long you are going to keep this offer open? I don't mean the exact expiration, just an idea.

It will last at least through unRaid 6.0-beta.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you give us some idea of how long you are going to keep this offer open? I don't mean the exact expiration, just an idea.

Tom's already answered this -- just look at the first page in this thread.

Specifically ....

It will last at least through unRaid 6.0-beta.

He's also made provisions so you can take advantage of the offer even if you don't want to buy another flash drive right now -- you just follow the instructions he gave on the first page ... basically just buy the key and "hold" your GUID linkage until you're ready to use it (Details are in the first post in this thread).