[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

Serviio update is out, that fixes my last broken update. Now the webgui code is in, however its forced OFF since I haven't actually found a replacement to use yet.  The app should function normally without it but you will need to connect via serviio console from a windows or mac box to configure it.

Once I find a working webgui, or get the apache version working, i'll update again with that added in.

Also, please consider in your design people who may stay on R5.05/5.06 and may never or upgrade late.  I personally don't plan on going to R6 until it has baked for a little while after it goes final.  I stayed on R5 RC8 until R5.05 was released.  It worked and was very stable.  I plan on following the same steps here.

All I saying is don't break the R2 plugins for R5.x. even if they are frozen and no updates supported unless you are on R6.  I can fully understand not wanting to support older loads and only develop for the new software.

The v2 plugins are fully compatible with unraid 5 and that will not change. The v1 plugins are discontinued now. It's perfectly safe to update to the v2 plugins anytime without compromising unraid 5 in the future. That's why they were designed as universal plugins for both unraid versions.

If I link the update button on the v1 plugins to update to the v2 plugins, they will still work on unraid 5.x.

Is it possible to disable logging for transmission-daemon? It is spamming my syslog.

Tnx

-----------------

edit: I found out. You have to edit settings file at transmission\config\  and set up "message-level" to 0. Before editing you have to stop transmission otherwise it won't save the data.

PhAzE, I posted this on the MB Linux server forum and they thought it would be better directed to you. My original post referred to a repeated installation failure issue. It appeared to me your plugin was working fine, but the actual server app was not installing. Hence, I posted there. Here is my abbreviated response to them asking for more detail.

"I was viewing my server's terminal this morning while I was trying to figure this issue out and noticed this on the screen:

sudo: unknown user: Jerry

sudo: unable to initialize policy plugin

chown invalid user: 'Jerry

So, now I'm thinking this is the root of the problem. I very seldom look at the server's terminal, and therefore, did not notice this before on prior installation attempts. All I saw on on my laptop was an indication of "unable to initialize policy" and "PID not created - installation failed." I have no idea as to what this means and this was the reason for my post.

I used PhAzE's plug in to install the server app, and was required to enter some setup information near the end of the installation. I don't know if this info was required by the app or it was something PhAzE required. Anyway, I need to find out why I'm an invalid user. I'm going to make another attempt of another installation using a different name later. "

EDIT: I was successful after changing the name to "Nobody"

" A thought just occurred to me. I am currently using MB Theater with a Windows server installation. I'm wondering if there is any connection between the two servers (Windows, Linux) and the names not being the same."

PhAzE, why is this not installing unless I use the name "Nobody?" I think I could probably use "Root", but not "Jerry." Any ideas?

When you as use jerry as custom it doesn't work? Honestly, I will need to investigate but I can't look at it likely until tomorrow. Keep it as nobody for now. That is just the use the application runs as, not the user in the MB app itself.

PhAzE, no problem. I am content to use it as it is. After I was able to get it installed, I saw every thing coming up roses. I waited for over a year to install the server on my unRaid device using your plugin,  and checked your progress on a regular basis. Your work and dedication has been appreciated by a lot of people

Previously, I was using the Windows server edition of the app but did not like having to power up another computer in addition to the server'

So, I'm in no hurry.

Thanks for the response

Hi PhAzE,

thank you for your great job (a 6 pack on me!!!)... Just one quick question:

I installed PMS plugin and is working great but when I tried to copy XBMCnfoTVImporter.bundle and XBMCnfoMoviesImporter.bundle in Resources/Plug-ins folder lloks like it is blocked and there is no way to move the two in there.

Any suggestion? Turnaround??

Thanks

I had a rather nasty experience over the past couple of days. I have no idea if this is related to the BTSync plugin, but thought I'd give a heads up.

I upgraded BTSync from the WebUI, which didn't work. WebUI said it was installed, but I couldn't start it. I downgraded, same thing. I re-installed, nothing. When I woke up in the morning, my WebUI was unresponsive. I couldn't putty into the box, and ctrl-alt-del script didn't work, and I was forced to do a hard reboot.

Afterwards the array wouldn't start. The USB stick was empty, and I am now forced to reinstall unraid and get a new key.

I was running 5.0.4. More here.

FlexGet is out in v2 form now. I've resolved all the pip problems so it too can still install the app even when your net connection is out.

Since pip is sorted out I should be able to do a Beets plugin now without any hassles.

Also, there will be an update to media browser soon from the dev that changes half the dependencies, so just be weary when updating for the next week or two until i get the plugin updated to support the major changes they will be implementing. Supposedly it will make the interface much faster.

-=PhAzE=-

That is rather nasty :(  was it something in the bt app that caused that?

That's my guess. After I got the array up and running again, I noticed that my cache drive was full. I had btsync installed on .btsync folder on cache drive. It looks like BTSync filled up the drive by trying to copy the contents of the root folder under .btsync/config/mnt/user/

Anyone else having issues with the metadata agents on Plex? Mine have stopped working - have tried reinstalling plugin, restarted PMS, stopped it and started it and rebooted Server. Every time i go to the Server settings (agents) its blank across all types of media.

Anyone else having issues with the metadata agents on Plex? Mine have stopped working - have tried reinstalling plugin, restarted PMS, stopped it and started it and rebooted Server. Every time i go to the Server settings (agents) its blank across all types of media.

I've had this happen before with plex, prior to switching to the PhAzE plugin.  Following the directions here should get you sorted.

I've had this happen before with plex, prior to switching to the PhAzE plugin.  Following the directions here should get you sorted.

Thanks, I had found this and tried it, but was unable to resolve issue... I will keep diggin though. Anyone else have any other ideas?

Dumb question, but i just updated to 6.0.

We now have "plugins" that can download directly from the gui, and we have "dockers" that we can download from the gui.  And they both look like they do the same thing.  So what is the point of each?  I just run phaze and dynamix, maybe thats why im safe from all this stuff.  Maybe phaze will start making dockers, but from what im reading, a docker needs to be updated by the owner, not from a github update.  So if your "guy" is asleep at the wheel, you will be behind on updates of sonarr etc, or am i wrong?

We now have "plugins" that can download directly from the gui, and we have "dockers" that we can download from the gui.  And they both look like they do the same thing.  So what is the point of each?  I just run phaze and dynamix, maybe thats why im safe from all this stuff.  Maybe phaze will start making dockers, but from what im reading, a docker needs to be updated by the owner, not from a github update.  So if your "guy" is asleep at the wheel, you will be behind on updates of sonarr etc, or am i wrong?

Docker is a technology that is not specific to unRAID. There are hundreds if not thousands of dockers "out in the wild" not maintained by unRAID users, but can be used by unRAID users.

My dockers for CouchPotato and Sonarr all update internally, without the need for an update of the container.

And, you're actually backwards on the asleep at the wheel.  Yes, both the plugins and containers do the exact same thing.  But the big difference is that plugins are 100% tied to unRaid.  If PhAze suddenly drops dead, then any and all updates, etc will also go by the wayside.  On the otherhand, since Docker containers are not at all tied to unRaid (Needo's dockers can be run on any other Linux system), and there are numerous maintainers out there, the odds of updates to a Docker container ever being stopped are miniscule.

To be fair, if needo dropped dead his docket wouldn't be updated either. Just like docket being available, there's no reason someone couldn't download the plugin files from github and take over. ;) sort of like getting a different docker Dev.

Plus the plugins only really need an update when the URL changes, but the apps can update from within also.

To be fair, if needo dropped dead his docket wouldn't be updated either. Just like docket being available, there's no reason someone couldn't download the plugin files from github and take over. ;) sort of like getting a different docker Dev.

True enough. 

Having trouble with the Transmission plugin, when I try and start it as any other user than root I get "PID not created, application did not start for some reason" and my log shows this:

Mar 4 09:07:43 Media sudo: root : TTY=console ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/bin/bash -c . /usr/local/PhAzE-Common/Transmission/startcfg.sh; nohup /usr/local/Transmission/usr/bin/transmission-daemon -p 8083 -g /mnt/disk1/apps/Transmission -T -x /var/run/Transmission/Transmission.pid > /dev/null 2>&1 &
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Transmission 2.82 (14156) started (session.c:738)
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: RPC Server Adding address to whitelist: 127.0.0.1 (rpc-server.c:828)
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: RPC Server Serving RPC and Web requests on port 127.0.0.1:8083/transmission/ (rpc-server.c:1035)
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Couldn't bind port 51413 on 0.0.0.0: Address already in use (Is another copy of Transmission already running?) (net.c:371)
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: UDP Couldn't bind IPv4 socket (tr-udp.c:263)
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: DHT Generating new id (tr-dht.c:310)
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Using settings from "/mnt/disk1/apps/Transmission" (daemon.c:526)
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Saved "/mnt/disk1/apps/Transmission/settings.json" (variant.c:1217)
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Unable to save pidfile "/var/run/Transmission/Transmission.pid": Permission denied (daemon.c:542)
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Port Forwarding (NAT-PMP) initnatpmp succeeded (0) (natpmp.c:73)
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Port Forwarding (NAT-PMP) sendpublicaddressrequest succeeded (2) (natpmp.c:73)
Mar 4 09:07:46 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Port Forwarding (UPnP) Found Internet Gateway Device "http://192.168.0.1:1900/ctl/IPConn" (upnp.c:202)
Mar 4 09:07:46 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Port Forwarding (UPnP) Local Address is "192.168.0.99" (upnp.c:204)
Mar 4 09:07:46 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Port Forwarding (UPnP) Port forwarding through "http://192.168.0.1:1900/ctl/IPConn", service "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:WANIPConnection:1". (local address: 192.168.0.99:51413) (upnp.c:279)
Mar 4 09:07:46 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Port Forwarding (UPnP) Port forwarding successful! (upnp.c:282)
Mar 4 09:07:46 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Port Forwarding State changed from "Not forwarded" to "Forwarded" (port-forwarding.c:95)
Mar 4 09:07:59 Media sudo: root : TTY=console ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/bin/bash -c . /usr/local/PhAzE-Common/Transmission/startcfg.sh; /usr/local/Transmission/usr/bin/transmission-daemon --version 2>&1
Mar 4 09:08:00 Media sudo: root : TTY=console ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/bin/bash -c . /usr/local/PhAzE-Common/Transmission/startcfg.sh; curl --version 2>&1

Anyone any ideas?