[Request] Logitech Media Server

Hi all!

I would love to make a further request for a Logitech Media Server Docker!!

There is a plugin here : http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=18310.0 but development has stopped recently due to real world interference (moving life to the USA) to the great Overbyrn.

Logitech Media Server currently tops the vote in "Docker Request Voting" thread http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=34549.0

Would the following be a decent starting point for a Logitech Media Server Docker?

https://github.com/jinglemansweep/docker-logitechmediaserver

I know best practice says that dockers should be based on "phusion/baseimage:0.9.11" so changes would be needed but it would be brilliant to see it done!!

Thanks so much to anyone who is interested in doing this and apologies for not currently having the skills to do this myself.

regard,

The Capt

Hi all!

I would love to make a further request for a Logitech Media Server Docker!!

There is a plugin here : http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=18310.0 but development has stopped recently due to real world interference (moving life to the USA) to the great Overbyrn.

Logitech Media Server currently tops the vote in "Docker Request Voting" thread http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=34549.0

Would the following be a decent starting point for a Logitech Media Server Docker?

https://github.com/jinglemansweep/docker-logitechmediaserver

I know best practice says that dockers should be based on "phusion/baseimage:0.9.11" so changes would be needed but it would be brilliant to see it done!!

Thanks so much to anyone who is interested in doing this and apologies for not currently having the skills to do this myself.

regard,

The Capt

I am using the jinglemansweep docker for now. One problem I had when trying to use it with the docker extension page I think was related to the length of the resulting docker run command, due to the length of the repository path. I was able to get it working by making other parts shorter, using lms for the name for example. You can find my template here.

LMS docker all up and running - thank you.

There's just one small issue ... most squeeze devices work fine with the configuration as delivered (certainly my squeezebox v3 devices work). However, I spent several hours trying to get the Squeezebox Radio to connect.  In the end I discovered that udp port 3483, in addition to tcp port 3483, is required to be open.  It would be worthwhile adding this to the delivered docker configuration.

There's just one small issue ... most squeeze devices work fine with the configuration as delivered (certainly my squeezebox v3 devices work). However, I spent several hours trying to bet the Squeezebox Radio to connect.  In the end I discovered that udp port 3483, in addition to tcp port 3483, is required to be open.  It would be worthwhile adding this to the delivered docker configuration.

Template updated, thanks!

• 1 month later...

installed gfjardim's docker for logitechmediaserver but can't get it to start. Looking in the logs I find this error:

[14-10-27 09:37:32.9389] main::init (368) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.8.1, 1408690219, Thu Sep  4 02:59:06 UTC 2014) perl 5.018002

[14-10-27 09:37:32.9791] YAML::XS::DumpFile (31) Warning: Can't open '/config/cache/plugin-data.yaml' for output:

Permission denied at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/YAML/XS.pm line 31.

What permissions should be applied?

This is on a fresh install of Unraid v6b10a. The other docker that is running is dfjarims's owncloud. Also have Phaze's plex media server plugin running.

Update:  Owncloud docker is running great. It was simple to install and configure, and it fulfills all of the advantage of dockers that I've read about in these forums.  The logitechmediaserver however is not working for me. Seems to be a permissions issue.

installed gfjardim's docker for logitechmediaserver but can't get it to start. Looking in the logs I find this error:

[14-10-27 09:37:32.9389] main::init (368) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.8.1, 1408690219, Thu Sep  4 02:59:06 UTC 2014) perl 5.018002

[14-10-27 09:37:32.9791] YAML::XS::DumpFile (31) Warning: Can't open '/config/cache/plugin-data.yaml' for output:

What permissions should be applied?

This is on a fresh install of Unraid v6b10a. The other docker that is running is dfjarims's owncloud. Also have Phaze's plex media server plugin running.

Update:  Owncloud docker is running great. It was simple to install and configure, and it fulfills all of the advantage of dockers that I've read about in these forums.  The logitechmediaserver however is not working for me. Seems to be a permissions issue.

What do you have for Volume Mappings?

@trurl

Volume mappings:

/config    /mnt/cache/apps/logitechmediaserver

/music    /mnt/user/Music-LMS

Update:  Got it working by changing the location of /config back to the default value /mnt/user/appdata/LogitechMediaServer.  Don't know why setting it to a directory on the cache drive did not work.

• 1 month later...

@dfjarmin and anyone who could help.

I was over in my brothers house updating his Unraid from 5 to 6b12 and moving some of his plugins to docker replacements.

When I added the dfjarmin Logitech Media Server Docker with the following mapping it would not work after starting and I received the same log errors as reported by a kamhighway earlier in this thread:

Mapping used: (my brother has no cache drive yet)

/config --> /mnt/disk1/Docker/AppData/LMS

The container starts and runs but the WebUI is unreachable as is the Media Server, log is as reported prev:

I then change the mapping back to default (/mnt/user/appdata/LogitechMediaServer) as per the following post in this thread and it worked perfectly.

@trurl

Volume mappings:

/config    /mnt/cache/apps/logitechmediaserver

/music    /mnt/user/Music-LMS

Update:  Got it working by changing the location of /config back to the default value /mnt/user/appdata/LogitechMediaServer.  Don't know why setting it to a directory on the cache drive did not work.

Why does it matter where the /config folder is mapped to?

Why cant I map it to /mnt/disk1/Docker/AppData/"APPNAME" like ALL of the other dockers I installed for him?

It makes no sense to me, any ideas?

Thanks to all,

The Capt.

Edited 11/12/14. Typo in Mapped dir.

I'm new at this so I hope I have it correct.

Your volume mapping is incorrect. AppData and LMS are not in Docker there is no Docker Folder

Logitech Media Server is in the AppData folder

It should be      /mnt/user/disk1/AppData/Logitech Media Server

or        /mnt/disk1/AppData/Logitech Media Server

or with a cache  /mnt/cache/AppData/Logitech Media Server

The LMS web GUI is at http://YourServerIP:9000

The plugin setup is at http://YourServerIP:9000/settings/index.html?activePage=SETUP_PLUGINS

Use the  @dfjarmin templates with the Logitech Media Server container and it maps it    /mnt/user/appdata/LogitechMediaServer

Suggest you remove any LMS you have loaded and get the dfjarmin templates

https://github.com/gfjardim/docker-containers/tree/templates

and then load the LMS container

Why cant I map it to /mnt/user/disk1/Docker/AppData/"APPNAME" like ALL of the other dockers I installed for him?

Because what you're trying to do is set the mapping to a USER share called disk1 (and that share does not exist).  What you want to do (and what your other dockers probably have listed) is /mnt/disk1/Docker/AppData/"APPNAME"

I'm new at this so I hope I have it correct.

Your volume mapping is incorrect. AppData and LMS are not in Docker there is no Docker Folder

Logitech Media Server is in the AppData folder

It should be      /mnt/user/disk1/AppData/Logitech Media Server

or        /mnt/disk1/AppData/Logitech Media Server

or with a cache  /mnt/cache/AppData/Logitech Media Server

I created my own Docker folder and used it for both the docker.img and the AppData folders: its layout it below.

/mnt/disk1/Docker/
/mnt/disk1/Docker/docker.img
/mnt/disk1/Docker/AppData
/mnt/disk1/Docker/AppData/Transmission/....
/mnt/disk1/Docker/AppData/DDClient/....
/mnt/disk1/Docker/AppData/"OTHERDOCKERS"/....

but when I create

/mnt/disk1/Docker/AppData/LMS

it does not work.

/

Why cant I map it to /mnt/user/disk1/Docker/AppData/"APPNAME" like ALL of the other dockers I installed for him?

Because what you're trying to do is set the mapping to a USER share called disk1 (and that share does not exist).  What you want to do (and what your other dockers probably have listed) is /mnt/disk1/Docker/AppData/"APPNAME"

Sorry that was a typo in my prev post (now fixed), it was mapped to /mnt/disk1/Docker/AppData/LMS. Infact I didn't create the LMS folder myself and left the container create it to test the mapping and permissions. The container did create the directory LMS and populated it with other folders (Cannot remember all their names now, but something like cache, prefs and 2 others)

Any further ideas?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Updated to 7.9.

Capt.Insano, see if this update helps you.

Sorry for delay, was only just back in my brothers house yesterday. Your update allows correct installation of LMS in any directory, Thank you!!

I was looking through your commits and it looks to have been a permission issue alright.

Anyway, thank you and Happy New Year!!

The Capt.

• 2 months later...

Just setting up an Unraid 6 test server to play around with the new features.  Many thanks to gfjardim for sorting out LMS.  Had it up and running within a few minutes, couldn't have been easier.

One minor thing I have noticed is that the server name is not displayed properly when trying to locate and connect to LMS, instead of 'Tower2', I am getting 'ddfeefefgh'.  Weird.  Works fine mind.

How does this docker config work? - what happens when a newer version comes out, say 8.0, I presume the container will need to be updated?  There is no way within LMS to automatically update on Unix is there?  Same goes if I'd like to use a stable 7.8 release, I guess I will have to make my own docker container right?

Thanks for the advice.

• 2 months later...

There's just one small issue ... most squeeze devices work fine with the configuration as delivered (certainly my squeezebox v3 devices work). However, I spent several hours trying to bet the Squeezebox Radio to connect.  In the end I discovered that udp port 3483, in addition to tcp port 3483, is required to be open.  It would be worthwhile adding this to the delivered docker configuration.

Template updated, thanks!

Would it be possible to add LAME to the LMS Docker ?  This would be useful for streaming over the internet.  Some info is here.

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/LAME_for_transcoding

http://blog.kollerie.com/2010/02/25/logitech_squeezebox_on-the-fly_transcoding_apple_lossless_to_mp3/

Thanks.